The Central Government of India launched Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM). The prime objective of the scheme is to improve the poverty level of poor urban households. For enhancing the standard of living of people, the provide self-employment and skilled wage opportunities. Moreover, the government provides shelter for the homeless of urban poor, addressing the livelihood concerns of the street vendors, institutional credit, social security etc.
The interested applicants can visit the official portal of the DAY-NULM and register online for the scheme.
NULM Scheme (DAY-NULM)
This article explains the online registration for the NULM Scheme, Complete Details of all DAY-NULM, its components and Login Procedure on the official portal.
Procedure for DAY-NULM User Login
Let us see the online procedure for User Login on the DAY-NULM Portal, as shown below.
- Visit the Official Portal of DAY NULM.
- It takes the online applicant to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Login button on the same page.
- Enter the User Name, Password, and Captcha Code.
- Click on the Login Button.
- It then takes online applicants to the user dashboard.
Procedure for New Application Registration of DAY NULM
Let us see the online application registration procedure of the Deendayal Antyoday Yojana – National Urban Livelihood Mission.
- Visit the official portal of DAY NULM.
- It takes the online applicant to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Citizen Option from the menu bar on the same page.
- It then takes the online user to the following page.
- Enter the Aadhaar Number and Name as per Aadhar on the newly opened page.
- Click on the checkbox: Click here to indicate that you have read and agree to share Aadhaar.
- Click on the Submit Button.
- Enter Mobile Number as shown on the following page.
- It then generates an OTP to the Registered Mobile Number.
- Enter the OTP in the respective field for verification.
- Click on the checkbox agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Then, click on the Submit Button.
- It then takes the online applicants to the registration form below.
- Select State/District and ULB.
- Enter/Select Salutation, Name, Urban Poor/BPL, IS PWD, Distance between residence and TC, answer the question of whether he is the minority.
- Enter/Select Gender, Name of Father/Mother/Guardian, S/o, Date of Birth, Category, Name as per Aadhar, Aadhar Number, ID type.
- Enter / Select ID Type, Area/Place, Mobile Number, Permanent Address and Present Address.
- Is the Present Address the same as a permanent address?
- Is the Candidate belongs to a special area?
- Is Candidate willing for Residential Training?
- Answer Yes/No for Self boarding, Is SHG Member, and Is Street Vendor.
- Enter Date, Sector Type, Training Type, Sector, and Course.
- Verify all the details and click on the declaration checkbox.
- Click on Save and SMS.
- Proceed with any other details if required and keep your registration details safe for future references.
Full Details of NULM MIS Components
Let us see the list of components that comes under the DAY-NULM as follows.
Employment through Skill Training and Placement – ESTP
- The full form of ESTP is employment through Skill Training and Placement.
- It aims to provide skill training for the urban poor to enable them for self-employment and provide salaried jobs in the private sector.
- Moreover, this programme aims to bridge the gap between the demand and availability of local skills by providing skill training programmes.
- There are various courses offered under the ESTP, and the duration of the courses varies from course to course.
Self Employment Programme – SEP
- The Self Employment Programme is divided into SEP-I & SEP-G.
- SEP-I stands for Self Employment Programme for Individual, and SEP-G stands for Self Employment Programme for Group.
- The beneficiaries can avail of the loans under the SEP Scheme.
- The amount approved by the task force should be less than or equal to the applicant’s loan required amount. The Maximum limit for the SEP-I is 2 Lakh, and for the SEP- G is 5 Lakh.
- The applicants can apply for the loan more than once. However, he is not eligible to apply if the loan has approved already.
- The subsidies for the loans will be released in more than one instalments.
- The loan application for SEP is screened based on the required documents and the group members (the ideal number is 5).
Social Mobilization and Institutional Development-SMID
- SM & ID is termed as the investment for sustaining urban poverty alleviation.
- It segregates all the members into different groups making one member (preferably a woman) the group’s head.
- The groups are again sub-divided into two. They are at the area level and the town/city level.
- These groups are viewed as the basic unit of the poor.
Shelter for Urban Homeless – SUH
- SUH means Shelter for Urban Homeless, which aims to provide shelter for urban homeless people.
- The SUH is divided into two types, and they are special shelters and general shelters.
- Under Special Shelters, the government take care of the special needs like providing shelter to the older people, the mentally ill, recovering patients and their families.
- General Shelters covers all kinds of shelters such as Men shelters, Women shelters and Family shelters.
Support to Urban Street vendor – SUSV
- SUSV aims to provide economic growth for the urban street vendors.
- There are three sub-components of the SUSV. They are street vendor survey, street vendor plan, and Vendor Market Development.
- SMMU & ULB/CMMU both release the amount for the Street Vendor Plan, Survey and Vendor Market Development.
- ULB/CMMU will release the money to Training Agencies.
Capacity Building and Training Programmes – CBT
- CBT aims to transform the role of M/oHUA and State Agencies in charge of urban poverty alleviation into providers of high-quality technical assistance in the field of livelihood promotion and urban poverty alleviation.
- Its objective is to build strong institutional structures at the National, State, and City levels for efficient implementation of the DAY-NULM.
- The Capacity Building and Training Programmes build the capacity of the urban poor, their institutions and the machinery involved in the implementation of DAY-NULM.
DAY – National Urban Livelihoods Mission FAQ
What is the significant objective of the DAY NULM launch of the Central Government of India?
One of the major objectives of the DAY NULM is to decrease poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by empowering them to access gainful self-employment.
What is the official portal of the DAY NULM launched by the union government of India?
The online users can access the services of NULM by visiting the official portal ww.nulm.gov.in.
What is the full form of ESTP concerning the following DAY-NULM Article?
The full form of ESTP is Employment through Skill Training and Placement, concerning the following article.
What is SUH concerning the following article?
SUH stands for Shelter for Urban Homeless, which provide essential services to the urban homeless.
Last Updated on February 22, 2024 by Hindi Yojana Team