- 1 ESIC Online Payment
- 1.1 Details about ESIC Online Payment System
- 1.2 How to Make ESIC Payments Online
- 1.3 How to Print Monthly contribution Online ESIC Portal
- 1.4 Procedure for the Challan Generation & Verification
- 1.5 Procedure for Processing a failed transaction @ ESIC Online
Hey ! All the readers here, we have come again with an interesting article on ESIC Online Payment. Let us find a few details about ESIC Online Payment. The ESI Scheme aims to provide hassle free services to both employers and employees through its information portal and services portal. As part of this effort, all compliance and payments are covered through internet. Employers can remit monthly contributions through portal. Presently, the online payment is enabled for SBI account holders having net banking facility.
This helps all the employees and employers immensely by providing various services.The ESI Scheme is financed by contributions from employers and employees. The rate of contribution by employer is 4.75% of the wages payable to employees. The employees’ contribution is at the rate of 1.75% of the wages payable to an employee. Employees, earning less than Rs. 137/- a day as daily wages, are exempted from payment of their share of contribution.
ESIC Online Payment
This article includes all the complete details regarding ESIC online payment, step by step guide on how to generate challan, procedure to do verification and guide to to take printout of monthly contribution, Print Challan Generation and Verification Process online at the official website of ESIC by the employers and employees online.
Details about ESIC Online Payment System
Let us find the details and features of the ESIC Online Payment System, as shown below.
- The promulgation of Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948(ESI Act), by the Parliament was the first major legislation on social Security for workers in independent India.
- It was a time when the industry was still in a nascent stage and the country was heavily dependent on an assortment of imported goods from the developed or fast developing countries.
- The deployment of manpower in manufacturing processes was limited to a few select industries such as jute, textile, chemicals etc.
- The legislation on creation and development of a fool proof multi-dimensional Social Security system, when the country’s economy was in a very fledgling state was obviously a remarkable gesture towards the socio economic amelioration of a workface though limited in number and geographic distribution. India, notwithstanding, thus, took the lead in providing organized social protection to the working class through statutory provisions.
- The ESI Act 1948, encompasses certain health related eventualities that the workers are generally exposed to; such as sickness, maternity, temporary or permanent disablement, Occupational disease or death due to employment injury, resulting in loss of wages or earning capacity-total or partial.
- Social security provision made in the Act to counterbalance or negate the resulting physical or financial distress in such contingencies, are thus, aimed at upholding human dignity in times of crises through protection from deprivation, destitution and social degradation while enabling the society the retention and continuity of a socially useful and productive manpower.
Please Visit Our Articles
How to Make ESIC Payments Online
Let us see the step by step procedure to make the ESIC Payments online on the official portal of ESIC, as shown below.
- Visit the Official Portal of ESIC online.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
Two important aspects for making online payment:
- SBI internet banking user id and Password
- ESIC user id and password (this can be generated online through ESIC service portal). Please type www.esic.in in the address bar and the page will be converted to https://www.esic.in/ESICInsurance1/ESICInsurancePortal/PortalLogin.aspx automatically, (refer the screen shot given below).
- Now Login with ESIC user Id and Password which is provided during Registration
- After successful login the above page as shown in screen shot is displayed with hyperlinks under each modules which again redirects to specific sections.
How to Print Monthly contribution Online ESIC Portal
- User can file the monthly contribution via “Online Monthly contribution Screen”.
- On submission “preview” page will be displayed to submit the monthly contribution details to ESIC click “Submit” button (refer screen shot)
- The user can manually type the contribution against each employee or can upload an excel file as an attachment for bulk upload. This is quite user-friendly for bulk data.
- Click on the Pay Online button on the dialogue box.
- Click Ok on the Pop up box, as shown below.
- Please click on the continue button.
- Click on the continue button in the above, and then click on the confirm button as shown in the below image.
- It then shows the below acknowledgement, as shown below.
Click on the Print button, to take a print out of the acknowledgement.
- After submission user can make the online payment via SBI net banking by clicking on Pay online.
- Click on “ok” to proceed further with the online payment.
- For future reference please note down the Challan number.Click on continue to proceed for the payment this will redirect to SBI online payment page.
- As soon as you proceed for payment, it will direct the user to the banking site where online payment can be done through net banking.
- The user need to provide net banking credentials and then will be able to pay the amount. The screen will be displayed after clicking on confirm button , which shows the success page.
- You can now take the print of monthly contribution.
Procedure for the Challan Generation & Verification
Let us see the step by step procedure for the Challan Generation and Verification Process online.
The following steps need to be followed to generate the challan online:
- Click generate Challan link, screen will be redirected, click view.
- The record against which the payment is to be made by the employer should be selected, enter the amount users want to pay.
- Select the online option and click submit button.
- A message will be displayed, and user should click “OK” on the message
- Reprinting or cross checking of the successful transaction
- Click on the last button on the right side which shows “Online Challan Double verification link.
- Double verification of Challan page will be displayed.
- Now enter the Challan number in the text box of Challan number and click submit.
- Now reprint the success page.
Procedure for Processing a failed transaction @ ESIC Online
The transaction can fail due to the following reasons:-
- Transaction failing due to connectivity issues
- Funds shortage
- User forgot the login id and password
Failure of ESIC site in redirecting the online SBI payment page Transaction unsuccessful due to link issue etc. The failed transaction can be processed again by clicking on the link “Online Challan Double”.
In the Challan number text box enter the Challan number and click submit button to continue the failed transaction. Now the Challan number and amount will be displayed where the user needs to make payment by clicking on “make payment” to connect to net banking of SBI After clicking on the” make payment” message it will redirect to the SBI internet banking payment portal.
All the interested applicants can visit the Official Portal of ESIC and apply for ESIC Online Services on the portal.
FAQs on ESIC Online Payment
What is the official website of ESIC online payment?
The official website of ESIC online payment is www.esic.in.
What is ESIC scheme discussed in the article?
The ESI Scheme aims to provide hassle free services to both employers and employees through its information portal and services portal.
Why can a transaction in ESIC PORTAL fail?
The transaction can fail due to the following reasons:-
• Transaction failing due to connectivity issues
• Funds shortage
• User forgot the login id and password
What is the rate of contribution by employer?
The rate of contribution by employer is 4.75% of the wages payable to employees.