What is Digilocker sign-in? The new era of Technology demands to fulfill new needs and requirements of the people who use Technology as the main source for their income and gaining knowledge. People also started acquiring more skills and thereby getting more certificates and also want to store important documents in a place where it is safe and where they can view them any time and anywhere. The government of India has brought before us a platform of such kind called Digi locker where you can store your documents and view them anytime you want.
DigiLocker aims to provide a Digital wallet to every citizen so that all lifelong documents anywhere anytime including Educational, Identity, health records, certificates, and electronically can be stored without any risk of loss or damage. DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under the Digital India program. The issued documents in the DigiLocker system are safe.
Digilocker sign In
In this article, we explain to you about the Digi Locker, Procedure to Create a New Account in Digi Locker Account for a new user in the official website, Features of Digilocker, Sign in, Set User Name and Password & login and how to download the Digilocker App and contact customer care for any support on the Official Portal.
Highlights of Digilocker
Digilocker Online Portal
The Central Government of India
The Government of India
To securely store the important document online
Citizen of India and students of our country
Name of Application
What is DigiLocker Account? How to Sign in
DigiLocker Account or Digital Locker is an online document storing platform, where you (any Indian Resident) may store all your important documents. It is an initiative by the Govt. of India under the Digital India mission, which is reducing the dependence of physical documents.
Available both on the website and Mobile app, it offers you cloud storage of 1 GB per account, which is linked both to your Aadhar Card and Mobile Number where you can store scanned copies of any document or certificate- Aadhar, PAN, Driving License, Passport, Vehicle Registration, Insurances, Marksheets, Receipts etc. in PDF, JPEG or PNG format and access them anytime anywhere. The individual file size should not exceed 10 MB.
Purpose of DigiLocker to Citizens
DigiLocker has its own importance. The need for a digital locker can be explained by the following.
- In addition to dedicated personal storage space given to the person.
- The Digilocker has also linked with each resident’s Aadhar number.
- Most important it can be used for the e-documents storage which has been securely saved here.
- Then it also stores URI i.e Uniform Resource Identifier which has also linked with e documents as issued by the different departments working under the government.
- Also when you need to e signature in any services then also you can use it with the help of the Digilocker system.
- This has also been known for the facility of e-sign. So, that you can use the digitally signed documents for the required service.
- Moreover, students can also have the benefit of this digital locker online for storing their education-related documents.
- If you also want to store your public service documents or documents related to education. Then the Digilocker has the best solution for online medium for storage.
- Also, the candidate who has registered himself on the portal then they can also gain access to his PAN card, ITI Certificate, Income Tax Documents, Aadhar card through this portal easily.
- However, there has 16 Education board services, 16 Central government services, and 36 State government services given under the Digilocker Portal for the public.
- Due to which the public has able to use the service provided on this portal and also get access to the certificate stored here.
- But before using this portal person need to register first for having services benefits. We also share information about the main points related to this portal.
How DigiLocker Account Works?
Digilocker is an online service provided by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), Government of India under its Digital India initiative, aimed at minimizing the usage of physical documents and enabling sharing of e-documents across agencies.
The image below explains the working mechanism of the DigiLocker Account:
Statistics of Digilocker
Online Digilocker Portal has the solution for the digital platform for storing various documents. In addition documents such as Migration certificates, Marksheets, Passing certificates, and other important documents have been secured here. The Central Government of India has initiated Digilocker Portal portal service for the citizens of our country. So, that they can download it from anywhere and use it whenever needed by the person.
As per the latest statistics on the DigiLocker website, DigiLocker Account has 4.7 crore (47 million) registered users with over 4 Billion documents. Trends also show that users have considerably increased since June 2020.
The image below explains the statistics of the Digi locker:
Benefits of Digilocker to Different People
Benefits to citizens
- Important documents anytime anywhere
- Authentic documents legally at par with originals
- Digital document exchange with the consent of the citizen
- Faster Service delivery- Government benefits,Employment,Financial inclusion ,Education,Health.
Benefits to agencies
- Reduced administrative overheadsAimed at the concept of paperless governance. It reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital transformation – Provides trusted issued documents.lssued documents available via digilocker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure Document gateway- acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier with the consent of the citizen
- Real-time verification-provides verification module enabling government agencies to verify data directly from issuer after obtaining user consent.
Features of Digilocker
The storage of files and documents online has become a significant concern nowadays due to cybersecurity issues. To address this concern, the government of India has initiated an online platform called Digilocker. The objective of the Digilocker is to store important files and documents like Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc. digitally. This Digi locker maintains the crucial documents in digital format and also provides security to the records of the users. Moreover, the registered users will get an amount of 1 GB of Data to store their files and records. The citizens can register online by creating a new account with a user name and password on the Digi locker official website.
- It stores the essential documents of citizens in digital format.
- The citizens can avail up to 1 GB of Storage Space.
- It controls the fake documents and reduces the manual work.
- It ensures full privacy and security to the stored documents.
- Easy access to the documents using the username and password.
Service list of Digilocker
The Services List offered in Digilocker by the Central government of India are as follows:
- Income Tax Department
- Also, NIESBUD
- Indian Navy (INS Valsura)
- Then, the Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Also, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (HPCL)
- Common Service Centre (CSC)
- Most important, the Central Board of Secondary Education
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- In addition, National Health Authority
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas(BPCL)
- National Institute of Open Schooling
- Also, Employee’s Provident Fund Organization
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry (IOCL)
- Then, Road Transport and Highways
- Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board
DigiLocker New User Registration – digilocker.gov.in website Username,password
- You can sign up using your Aadhar/Mobile. Before signing up please ensure that the Aadhar is linked to the mobile number.
- Click on the Sign up Button on the DigiLocker website.
- Enter your Mobile Number in this field and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the OTP received on this mobile number through DigiLocker and click Verify Button.
- Now you may either create a User Id and Password as shown below or can just set up a 6 digit.
- After setting up username & password or 6 digit PIN .click sign up.
- Now your account in Digilocker is created.
Steps to Link the DigiLocker Account with Aadhar Card
Now, in order to pull the e-copies of Aadhar and other documents from the registered issuers, you need to link your Aadhar to your DigiLocker Account. Follow these steps to link your Aadhar Card with DigiLocker after signing up:
- After you Sign up, the following screen will appear, where you have to enter your Aadhar Number and check the consent box of Aadhar based e-KYC and click ‘Submit’.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number linked with Aadhar and click ‘Verify’ Button.
- Once the Aadhar Verification is successful, Your DigiLocker Account dashboard should display the message shown below:
- Upon the successful verification, you can view your Digital Aadhar by clicking on Issued Document section:
www.digilocker.gov.in Login to Digilocker & Fetch your Documents
The following are the steps to fetch issued Documents in DigiLocker. Just like Aadhar, you can also fetch the issued documents from the Registered issuers on the DigiLocker Account. Follow these steps:
- Login to your DigiLocker Account.
- On the DigiLocker Account Dashboard, click on the Issued Documents section on the left side.
- To fetch more documents, click on “Get More Issued Documents”.
- Select a Partner from the screen so appears.
- Now Select the Type of Document.
- Now Fill in the form with the required information as asked in the relevant text boxes.
- Check the Consent Box and click ‘Get Document’.
- Based on the details provided, the system tries to Fetch the URI (link) of the document and once it is done the following screen appears:
- You can see the fetched document details in the ‘issued documents’ section by clicking on the PDF icon next to the document.
Please Visit Our Articles
Procedure for Login & Use Digilocker by Issuers
The following is the procedure to login and use Digi locker by Issuers:
- Firstly, you need to log in to the portal by completing the registration process as an issuer.
- After that, the Issuer ID has generated on the official portal.
- Then issuer can upload the documents in an XML format in the standard format using the repository service provider in the designated repository.
- SO, each document uploaded by the issuer should have in their repository a unique id or URI. Also, it comprising of Document types, ID, and issuer ID as well.
- After that, document URI has pushed towards the concerned residents based on their Aadhar number of profiles in Digilocker.
Procedure to Upload Documents on DigiLocker
- The following are the Steps to upload document:
- At first, the person has to go through the official portal of Digilocker.
- Then, you have to visit the My certificate section available on the homepage.
- After that, you need to select the document type from the given drop-down list on the official page.
- Then provide the name of the document.
- So, fill in the details related to the document you have uploading.
- After that, choose the file from the local folder available on your system.
- Each file has been uploaded in the restricted size mentioned in the portal.
- Also, provide the description of the related document.
- At last, click on the upload button.
- Then your documents have enlisted under the uploaded documents subsection in the end.
Is DigiLocker Safe to use?
Digilocker is safe you to the following :
- Since this is a Government App, and thus security is the responsibility of Govt. (Ministry of IT). They claim that every possible precautionary measure has been taken to ensure the data is protected.
- The website says that DigiLocker follows standard software development practices of uniform coding standards, guidelines, internal testing of application and reviews.
- As said, 256 bit secure socket layer (SSL) Encryption and ISO 27001 certified Data Centre app hosting also adds to the security.
- In addition, security audit of the DigiLocker app is also carried out at regular intervals by recognized audit agencies.
- Other safety measures include- secure data backup, explicit user consent before data sharing and OTP based authentication for Sign Up.
Digilocker Mobile App download
You can download the app through the following steps:
- First go to the Play store.
- Search for digilocker in the search bar.
- You will find many options with digilocker name.
- Select the digilocker app that is made by Government of India and click on it.
- Now you will get digilocker logo and beside it you will find an option to install.Click on install.
- Now the app will start downloading and after the download is completed ,it will get installed automatically.
- Now you downloaded the app Digi locker.
Details of DigiLocker Customer Care
You can contact the customer care service of the digilocker whenever you need any support or help.
Here are the details of the customer care service of digilocker:.
If you have any query ,you can raise it .
Enter the following details and click ”Submit”.
- Full Name
- Email Id
- Mobile number
- Help(for what you need help,please select from the options available).
DigiLocker Account is user-friendly as well. Even less tech savvy people can use it comfortably. It would also reduce the chances of fraud and fake documents as well.For now, you may find not all agencies connected to your work may be registered with this locker, but since this is a government initiative just like Aadhar, slowly all may have to mandatorily register under this.
In future, it is also anticipated that more and more organizations would follow this route and would register themselves with DigiLocker. But, as the portal gets more popular Govt. have to put more efforts on the security front, apart from the measures already taken to protect these documents.
Digi locker FAQs
What is the use of creating Digilocker Account online?
Is Aadhar Card Mandatory for creating account o Digilocker website?
What is the registration fee for getting registered on the Digilocker website?
Can I download the Digilocker App from the Playstore and create Digilocker account using Mobile?
Last Updated on November 27, 2021 by Vaibhav Tiwari