Step by Step Guide to Change Name, Date of Birth, Address Online @ Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal @ ssup.uidaigov.in
For a few years, Aadhaar Card has become an essential document for identifying every citizen. It acts as proof, enabling the citizens to get eligible for the various schemes and welfare schemes sponsored by the government to its citizens. Besides availing the government schemes, Aadhaar Card serves a virtual proof for multiple things like applying for loans from the banks, enrolling for mobile connections etc. Moreover, the citizens can update their Aadhaar Details by themselves on the portal.
The interested citizens can update themselves the details like Name, Date of Birth etc. by visiting the uidai official portal.
Aadhaar Self Update
This article explains the online procedure to update the Name, Date of Birth, Address Online on the official portal.
Update Aadhaar Details (Name/Date of Birth/ Address) Online @ ssup.uidaigov.in/ssup
Let us see the online procedure to update the Aadhaar details such as Name, Date of Birth, Address Online on the official portal. This procedure is for the candidates is who wish to update the details of their UIDAI Card.
- Visit the Official Portal of Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- It takes the online user to the following home page.
- On the Home Page, Click on the Proceed to Update Aadhaar tab.
- It then redirects the online user to the next page below.
- Enter the Aadhaar Number and Captcha Code.
- Click on the Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that is generated to your registered mobile number.
- Click on the Login Button.
- It then redirects the online applicants to the web page shown below.
- Click on the Update Demographics Data.
- It then opens up the following page, as shown below.
- Select any of the following Aadhaar Data Fields to Update like Language, Gender, Name, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number and Email.
- Click on the Proceed Button.
- It then opens up a Dialogue Box where the applicants have to click on the check box: Yes, I am aware of this.
- Click on the Proceed Button.
- The following screen appears on the newly opened page.
- Enter the details you wish to update: For Example, the Correct Name you want to edit.
- Upload the Valid Document you want to edit: For Example Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Ration Card etc.
- Click on the Next Button.
- On the Next Page, Enter the Correct Date of Birth and Upload the relevant document.
- It then displays the preview of the details you have uploaded.
- Enter the Captcha Verification, and click on the Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP sent to your Mobile Number.
- Click on the Declaration Check Box and Click on the Make Payment.
- Then it opens up the new page where the user can observe the alert: Your Update Request Process is Completed Successfully.
- Click on the Download PDF link displayed in the blue colour.
Note: For other updates like Head of Family/Guardian details or Biometric update, the resident will be required to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Enrolment/Update Centre.
Update Aadhaar Card Details Offline via Aadhaar Enrolment Center
Let us see the offline procedure to update the Aadhaar Card Details Offline by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- The applicant should fill the application correction form by requesting the application form at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- The applicants should check whether they entered the correct details in the application form.
- Attach the relevant documents with the application form, and submit at the enrolment centre to update the changes.
- The candidate should pay the application fee to update the details on the Aadhaar Card.
Toll-Free Number: 1947
Aadhaar Self Service Update FAQ’s
What all details the applicant can update on the Aadhaar Self Service Portal?
The applicants can change/update the details such as Name, Date Of Birth, Documents etc. on the Aadhaar Self Service Portal.
What is the application fee for updating my details on the UIDAI Self Update Portal?
The applicants should pay an application fee of Rupees 50 to edit the details on the UIDAI Aadhar Self Update Portal.
I want to correct my Last Name in the Aadhaar Card, which was displayed wrong earlier. Can I do it on my self on the Aadhaar Update Portal?
Yes, the applicants can correct their misspelt name themselves on the Aadhaar Update Portal.
Can I download the pdf document of my updated details online on the Aadhaar Self Update Portal?
Yes, the Applicants can download the pdf document of the updated data online on the Self Update Portal.