West Bengal Credit card scheme is finally launched by WBSCC. The scheme is functional from 30th June onwards. Interested and eligible applicants can apply online for the WB Student credit card scheme on the official website.
Key Details regarding the West Bengal government’s credit card scheme for students like the How to Apply online & fill registration form, check application status are discussed here. The awaited WB student credit card yojana has started on 30th June 2021. What are the eligibility criteria, required documents, loan interest date & form filling process is discussed here in details.
- 1 West Bengal WBSCC Credit Card Scheme
- 1.1 West Bengal WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- 1.2 West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme : Notification PDF
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria for WBSCC Credit Card Scheme 2021 for Students
- 1.4 West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme in Bengali
- 1.5 Documents Required for new Credit card scheme launched by WB Govt
- 1.6 Expenses Covered Under WB Student Loan Credit Card Yojana
- 1.7 Student Credit Card Scheme West Bengal, How to Apply, Online Application Form @wbscc.wb.gov.in
- 1.8 Track WBSCC Credit Card Application Status Online
- 1.9 WBSSC Credit Card FAQs
West Bengal WBSCC Credit Card Scheme
WBSCC student credit card scheme offers loans upto Rs. 10 Lakhs to students. This revolutionary scheme, if implemented properly, can help millions of students in WB
As promised in the Election Manifesto, the West Bengal Government has finally launched the Student Credit Card Scheme (স্টুডেন্ট ক্রেডিট কার্ড) of West Bengal (WB). The main objective of the Student Credit Card scheme is to issue soft loans for students up to Rupees 10 Lakh. The students who are pursuing courses like UG, PG, Doctoral, and Post-Doctoral and Post-Doctoral studies in India or abroad are eligible for this scheme. The scheme is functional from 30th June onwards on the official WBSCC portal. The online application form is live at the WBSCC portal.
West Bengal WB Student Credit Card Scheme
|Scheme Name||স্টুডেন্ট ক্রেডিট কার্ড (West Bengal Student Credit Card)|
|Concerned Authority||WB Government|
|Category||West Bengal Scheme|
|Cabinet Approval||24th June 2021|
|Launch Date||30th June 2021|
|Scheme Motive||To provide the students with educational loans up to 10 Lakh Rs. limit|
This article explains the online process to apply online for the Students Credit Card West Bengal, Online Registration Form 2021, and Other details on the official portal.
Before the elections, CM Mamta Banerjee talked about a credit card scheme specially for students to enable them to get educational loans up to 10 Lakhs. This scheme was initially included in the manifesto. After the victory in West Bengal, Mamta Didi is fulfilling the promise by launching the Student Credit Card Scheme.
West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme : Notification PDF
You may get detailed information regarding this scheme using the official notification, user manual PDF below.
Eligibility Criteria for WBSCC Credit Card Scheme 2021 for Students
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant should fulfill to get eligible for the West Bengal Credit Card loan Scheme.
- The applicant students should be pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, or Post-Doctorial Courses in India or Abroad.
- The students should reside in West Bengal for at least 10 years to avail themselves of this scheme.
- The upper age limit to apply for the WB Student Credit Card scheme is 40 years.
- Students should pay the loan within 15 years from the loan sanctioned date.
- The West Bengal government offers a guarantee to the student loan. However, the CIBIL Score will also play a key role in the sanction of a loan.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme in Bengali
If you are interested to know about this scheme in bengali language, kindly refer to the image below.
Documents Required for new Credit card scheme launched by WB Govt
Required information/documents for while online form
- Please keep the following documents with you before registration
- Colour Photograph of the applicant (should be in .jpeg / .jpg between
50 KB and 20 KB)
- Colour Photograph of the co-applicant / co-borrower (should be in
.jpeg / .jpg format, between 50 KB and 20 KB)
- Signature of the student (should be in .jpeg / .jpg format, between 50
KB and 10 KB)
- Co-borrower / Guardian’s signature (should be in .jpeg / .jpg, format,
between 50 KB and 10 KB)
- Student’s AADHAR Card (should be in .pdf format, between 400 KB
and 50 KB)
- Student’s Class 10 + 2 Board registration certificate (if no AADHAR
card) (should be in .pdf format between 400 KB and 50 KB)
- Guardian’s Address Proof (should be in .pdf format between 400 KB
and 50 KB)
- Admission Receipt (should be in .pdf between 400 KB and 50 KB)
- Student’s PAN Card/undertaking if there is no PAN Card (should
be in .pdf format between 400 KB and 50 KB)
- Guardian’s PAN Card/undertaking if there is no PAN Card (should
be in .pdf format between 400 KB and 50 KB)
- The relevant page of the brochure/document detaining course fee /
tuition fee (should be in .pdf format between 400 KB and 50 KB)
Other required Information
- Filed Application from.
- Approved Course Structures
- Fees Schedules
- Two passport Size Photo
- Proof of Address
- Family Income Certificate
- Form 16.
- 10th and 12th Class Marks Sheet
- The Document for enrolled or selected for enrolment for pursuing higher education
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN card / Passport Copy.
- Last Six Months Bank Account Statement
- WBUHS UG Ayush Online Registration 2022 – Apply Now
- WB BDO Income Certificate – Apply Online for Income Certificate in West Bengal
- WB OPD Ticket Booking Online – SSKM, Tropical, PG, NRS & Other Hospitals, Apply
- WB West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022: Apply Online, Registration, Eligibility
- Banglarbhumi 2022 Land Record, Khatian, Plot Map
Expenses Covered Under WB Student Loan Credit Card Yojana
Let us see the expenses covered under the West Bengal Higher Studies Education Loan, as shown below.
- College Fee and Hostel Fee
- Caution deposit, Building fund refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Purchase of books/ equipment / instruments / uniforms
- Examination, Library and Laboratory fee
- Purchase of computer at affordable costs (if necessary)
- The other expenses necessitated completing the courses such as study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
Student Credit Card Scheme West Bengal, How to Apply, Online Application Form @wbscc.wb.gov.in
The online applications are now being accepted. In order to apply right now for this scheme, follow these steps:
Let us see the online procedure to apply for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme launched by the West Bengal State.
- Visit the Official Portal of wbscc.wb.gov.in portal.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page Below.
- Click Here to get directly redirected to the Student Registration Form below.
- Enter the First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name of the student, Date of Birth, Gender, and Answer the Question: Do you have Aadhar Number.
- Select/Enter the Programme Type, Programme Name, State of Institution, District of Institutions, and Name of Institution.
- Under the Contact Details, Enter the Mobile Number, Email ID, and Re-Enter Email ID.
- Enter the Password and Confirm Password.
- It then successfully registers the student registration on the WB Student Credit Card Portal.
- Go back to the Home Page and log in with Credentials created at the time of registration.
- It then takes the applicants to the student dashboard, as shown below.
- Click on the Apply Now button available on the user dashboard.
- On the newly opened page, Enter/Select the Name of the Student, Father, Mother, Co-borrower/Legal Guardian’s Name, Student Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Student Caste, Last Qualification, and Student PAN Card Number.
- Enter the Gender, Relationship with Co-borrower, Whether Physically Challenged, Student’s Aadhar Card Number.
- Enter the Co-Borrower details like Occupation, Caste, Mobile Number, Gender, Address Proof, Address Proof Document ID Number, and PAN Card.
- Enter the House Number, Street Name, Pin Code, State, District, and Assembly Constituency under the Present and Permanent Address.
- Under the Course and Income Details, Enter Yes/No if already receiving scholarship from any other agency, Annual Income of the Co-borrower, Programme, Programme Name, Course Fee + Tuition Fee, Year of Commencement, Loan Amount Required, Bank and Bank Branch for Loan.
- Enter the IFSC Code, Name of Bank, Branch Name, A/C Number.
- Click on the Save and Next Button.
- It then takes the online users to the following page below.
- Upload the Photograph, Signature, Co-borrower Signature, Student’s Aadhar Card, Co-borrower’s address proof, Admission Receipt, Student’s PAN Card Number, Co-borrower’s PAN Card Number, and Relevant Page of the brochure.
- Click on the checkboxes agreeing on the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Save and Continue button.
- It then generates the preview of the application form.
- Click on the Submit Application button.
- It then finish the registration process successfully.
Track WBSCC Credit Card Application Status Online
Let us track the application status of the WBSCC Application Status online on the official portal.
- Visit the Official Portal of wbcc.wb.gov.in.
- It takes the online applicants to the Home Page below.
- Enter the Login details and click on the Login button.
- It then takes the online users to the user dashboard below.
- Click on the Track Application on the dashboard.
- It then displays the application status of the Student Credit Card to candidates.
WBSSC Credit Card FAQs
What is the maximum amount of the education loan that an applicant will get under the WBSCC Credit Card?
The applicant students can avail up to Rs 10 Lakh loan under the recently launched WBSCC Credit Card Scheme.
Who can apply for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme launched by West Bengal State Government?
The students pursuing UG, PG, Doctorial, and Post-Doctorial Courses can apply for the Student Credit Card Scheme of the West Bengal Government.
Where do the students can apply online for the student credit card education loan scheme in the West Bengal State?
The applicants can visit the official portal wbscc.wb.gov.in and apply for the student credit card education loan scheme of West Bengal state.
Can I track the application status of the Student Credit Card online on the official portal?
Yes, the students can track their Credit Card Applications online on the official portal of the scheme.