Complete Details about West Bengal Online Marriage Registration 2021, Procedure to Apply for Marriage Certificate@rgmwb.gov.in
A marriage certificate is a mandatory document through which the married couple can register their marriages. All the citizens of the concerned states can get their marriage certificate from the state’s respective departments. Similarly, the Law Department Register of Marriages, West Bengal State, also issue the marriage certificate to the interested applicants. Moreover, the applicants can directly apply online on the official marriage registration portal of the state.
The interested applicants can visit the official website rgmwb.gov.in and apply for the marriage certificate online.
WB West Bengal Online Marriage Registration 2021
This article explains the complete details of the West Bengal Online Marriage Registration, Procedure to apply for the Marriage Certificate Online, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required.
How to Apply for WB Marriage Certificate Online @ rgmwb.gov.in
Let us see the step by step procedure to apply for the W.B. Marriage Certificate Online.
- Visit the Official Portal of Law Department Register General of Marriage of West Bengal.
- It takes the online user to Home Page Below.
- Click on the Register Your Marriage option on the same page.
- It then redirects the online user to the following page below.
- On the newly opened page, click on the link Click Here to Apply Online.
- It then displays the instructions for the online procedure.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on the Proceed Button.
- Under the Groom Details, Select the Relevant Act: The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 / The Special Marriage Act 1954 (Under Section 13) / The Special Marriage Act 1954 (Under Section 16).
- Enter/Select the First Name, Middle Name, Last Name/Surname, Guardian Type (Parents/Legal Guardian).
- Enter First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name of Mother/Father and Date of Birth.
- Select/Enter Religion, Nationality, Mobile Number, Email ID and Aadhar Number.
- Click on the Declaration Checkbox and Select the Occupation.
- Answer the Question: BPL (Yes/No).
- Enter the Present Address: Within West Bengal/Outside West Bengal/Outside India.
- Enter/Select the Premises Name and Number, Street/Locality/Name, Country, State, District, Sub Division, Area, Block, Village, Post Office, Police State, Village and Length of Residence.
- Click on the Checkbox: if Present Address is the Same as the Permanent Address.
- Select the Marital Status.
- Upload the documents: Change Proof of Date of Birth/Change Proof of Present Address and Change of Proof of Permanent Address.
- Upload the Scanned Signature of the Applicant.
- Under the Bride Details Section, Provide the same details as you provided in Groom Section.
- Under the Details of the Marriage Officer Section, Select Choose Marriage Officer by Groom’s or Bride’s Address.
- Under the Details of Solemnization, Select the Registration Location: Office of the Marriage Officer or Outside the Marriage Officer’s Office (Within West Bengal).
- Select District, Police Station and Post Office.
- Enter the Date of Social Marriage and Upload the Marriage Invitation Card.
- Under the Children Details, Enter the Details of Children (It’s not a mandatory field to fill).
- Select the Registration Time: Within Office Hours of the Marriage Officer or Beyond the Marriage Officer’s Office Hours.
- Enter the Text in the respective field.
- Click on all the declaration Checkboxes and Save as Draft.
- Verify all the details and click on the Submit Button.
- Click on Submit Button.
- It then redirected to the new page where applicants can find the application number.
- The applicants can also take a printout of the form for future references.
WB Online Marriage Registration Eligibility Criteria
Let us see the eligibility criteria that the applicant should fulfil to get eligible for the W.B. Online Marriage Registration.
- The bride’s age should be above 18 years, and the groom’s age is above 22 years.
- The applicants should not have more than one spouse at the time of marriage.
- The degree of prohibited relationship should not exist within the parties.
- As long as custom or usage allows marriages between the two to govern each of them, there should not be sapindas of each other.
- The Marriages under Hindu Marriage Act can be registered in the Registrar of Marriages’ office within the jurisdiction of which the marriage has taken place or in the Marriage Officer’s office whose jurisdiction the bride or groom resides.
- Marriage under the Special Marriage Act can be registered in the Marriage Officer’s office whose jurisdiction the bride or groom resides.
- Marriages under the Christian Marriage Act usually solemnized in a Church, and a Licensed Minister registers it.
- Marriages under Parsi Marriage Act may be registered in the Parsi Marriage Registrar’s Office, in whose jurisdiction the wedding takes place.
Essential Documents for West Bengal Marriage Registration 2021
Let us see the list of essential documents that applicants should submit at the time of registration.
- Residential Proof of the couple.
- Passport Size Photo of the Bride and Groom.
- Age certificate of Bride and Groom.
- Proof of marriage includes marriage invitation cards, joint photographs, and an affidavit from the priest or local panchayat bodies.
Please Visit Our Article : MP Launch Pad Scheme
The Registrar General of Marriage
11 A.K.S. Roy Road,
Panchayat Bhawan (2nd floor),
Kolkata-700 001, West Bengal.
Phone: 033 – 22259398 FAX: 033 – 22259308
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bengal Marriage Registration F.A.Q.’s
Who issues the Marriage Certificate in the West Bengal State?
The Law Department Register of Marriages, West Bengal State, issue the marriage certificate to the interested applicants.
What is the official website for registering the marriage certificate online in West Bengal?
The applicants should visit the official portal rgmwb.gov.in to apply for the WB Marriage Certificate Online.
Can I check the application status online on the official portal?
The applicants can check the status of the applicants online on the official portal.
Do the citizens have the option to apply for the W.B. Marriage Certificate offline?
Yes, the applicants can also apply for the scheme by visiting the concerned department to register their marriage.