Step by Step Guide to Apply Online for West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 | Higher Secondary Students, Beneficiary List & Registration Status
The West Bengal State Government has announced that it will distribute free tablets to students studying secondary higher education. The free tablet distribution scheme is named as West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme(পশ্চিমবঙ্গ ফ্রি ট্যাবলেট প্রকল্প). Under this scheme, all the government school students of class 12th will get free tablets to continue their education online. Around 9.5 Lakh students will be getting benefited under this scheme. Moreover, this scheme provides digital literacy among the students in the state.
All the interested applicants can read the official notification and apply for the free tablet scheme online on the official portal.
West Bengal Free Tablet (Tab) Scheme
This article explains the procedure to apply online for the Free Tablet Scheme, Beneficiary List, and Registration Status on the portal.
Mamatha Banerjee said, “In the midst of the pandemic and the lockdown, many needy students failed to attend online classes as their parents can’t afford computers or laptops. They don’t have smartphones either. Hence, we have decided to provide tablets free of cost to all such students in madrasas or pursuing the Higher Secondary course.”
WB Free Tablet Scheme for Higher Secondary Students, Eligibility Criteria
Let us see the eligibility criteria for getting eligible for the WB Free Tablet Scheme announced by Mamatha Benerjee Government for Class XII Students.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal State.
- The candidate must be studying in a Government School or Government Aided School or Madrasah.
- Applicant students should be studying Class 12th when applying for the scheme.
- The annual family income of the applicants should not exceed above 2 Lakhs.
- The applicant student should not have any arrears in the previous class.
Required Documents to Apply for Free Tab in West Bengal
Let us see the list of documents required for registering under the West Bengal Free Tab Scheme.
- Student Aadhaar Card
- School ID card of the Student
- Residence certificate
- Address proof
- Active Mobile Number
- Passport size photographs
- Scanned signature of the applicant
How to Apply for WB Students Free Tablet Scheme, Online Application, Registration Form 2021
Let us see the procedure to apply for the WB Free Tab Scheme and the Online Application Form 2021. This procedure is for the students studying class 12th.
- Visit the Official Portal of West Bengal State Government.
- It takes the online user to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Information Centre Tab in the Menu Bar.
- It then expands into different options.
- Select the Schemes Options out of the listed options.
- Find out the link for Free Tablet Scheme and start the application process.
Note: In this instance, the recently announced WB Tablet Scheme link is not available on the portal. We will keep you updated after there is an official announcement from the government. Please do visit our articles for the latest information.
Checking the Application Status of Tablet Distribution Scheme
- The applicants can the application status online on the portal after the successful registration.
- However, in this instance, the online registration/application process has not yet started.
- We will keep you updated after there is an official announcement regarding the Tablet Distribution Scheme.
WB Free Tablet Yojana 2021 FAQ’s
What is the objective of the Free Tablet Scheme announced by the West Bengal Government?
The main objective of the WB Free Tablet Scheme is to encourage the students to continue their education online without any interruption in the pandemic situation.
Which class students are eligible for the free tablet scheme of the West Bengal Government?
The high school students studying class 12th are eligible for applying to the West Bengal Free Tab Scheme.
I completed my class 12th, but I have arrears in the course of study. Am I eligible for the free tablet scheme of West Bengal 2021?
No. The applicant students should not have any backlogs to get eligible for the West Bengal Government’s free tablet scheme.
How many students are going to get benefit from the WB Free Tab Scheme 2021?
Around 9.5 Lakh students will get benefit from the recently launched West Bengal Free Tab Scheme.