Caste certificate wb can be obtained online. It is also known as SC/ST/OBC certificate in west Bengal. If you want to apply online for a caste certificate in west Bengal, let us tell you that process is easy. After applying online, you check the application status and finally print or download it. How to do all this? will be cleared in this article.
|Topic||Obtaining Caste (SC/ST/OBC) Certificate Online|
|State||West Bengal (WB)|
|Department||Backward classes welfare department|
A caste certificate is an important document to have. In many government offices, they usually ask for it. Also, having a caste certificate gives you additional benefits in government jobs and in some government schemes also. That’s why you need to get your caste certificate if you belong to SC/ST/OBC class. Caste certificate wb online facility allows any resident of West Bengal to fill online caste certificate form.
- 1 Caste Certificate WB
- 2 West Bengal Caste Certificate Apply Online – WB SC/ST/OBC Certificate Online Form @castcertificatewb.gov.in
- 2.1 Download Filled Application Form & Acknowledgement Slip
- 2.2 Check WB Caste Certificate Application Status
- 2.3 WB Caste Certificate Download PDF
Caste Certificate WB
Before we get started with the process, let’s first understand what is the eligibility criteria to obtain a caste certificate in west Bengal. After ensuring the eligibility, you may process towards the process to apply online & obtain it.
▶ The interested person should be a permanent resident of west Bengal
▶ The interested applicant must belong to SC/SC/OBC Category
▶ When required, the applicant must present documents to prove that he belongs to SC/ST or OBC category. Scanned documents may be required to be uploaded with the online form
West Bengal Caste Certificate Apply Online – WB SC/ST/OBC Certificate Online Form @castcertificatewb.gov.in
If you are eligible, you may proceed and fill in the application form. Here are the steps :
- Visit the official website
- At the homepage click on “Application for SC/ST/OBC Certificate”
- This opens up the online form, where you need to properly fill in the asked details
- In the initial section, you need to select your district, sub-division, name, father name & other similar information.
- Then you need to share your current and permanent address
- In the later section, you are asked to enter more details like Nationality, Blood relation (paternal side) details. Also, you need to provide details of at least two local referees.
- After entering the information correctly, click on “View before submit”, check the filled in details and then hit the submit button
- On the next page, you will be asked to fill up agricultural landholding information and parents’ income, wealth information
- Finally, in the last part of the application filling, you need to upload relevant documents like Applicant’s photograph, Caste identification document, Age proof, proof of citizenship, proof of local residence etc.
- After correctly uploading these, you need to finally submit the form and note down/ download the system generated acknowledgement/application number.
Download Filled Application Form & Acknowledgement Slip
After you successfully submit the form, you must download the filled form & acknowledgment slip for future references. Here are the steps :
- Visit the official website
- Now, click on “Reprint application/acknowledgment slip”
- This opens up another page, where you need to enter the Application number and date of birth
- Enter the application number & date of birth and click on the “search” option
- You will see the result below and you have the option to download the Application Form, Service details form, and acknowledgment slip
Check WB Caste Certificate Application Status
After successfully filling in the online form, you can also track the status of the application to know the current application status. To do so, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/
- Click on the menu option “View status of application”
- Now, enter the application number on the next page to check the status
- After you enter the application number and hit the “Search” button a new page opens up where the current status of the application is displayed
For example – for the application number entered above, the current status is that the “application is submitted hardcopy not received”
WB Caste Certificate Download PDF
You can even download the caste certificate online as a pdf file. Here are the steps to download it.
- Visit the castecertificatewb portal
- Go to the “View certificate details” section
- Enter the asked information and click on the “Search” option
- If the details entered by you are correct, you will see the result on the next page. Click on “view manual certificate” to download pdf.
Related Questions and Answers
Is it possible to apply online for a caste certificate in West Bengal?
Yes, you can apply online for a new caste certificate in West Bengal using the new online service.
How to know the current status of the WB SC/ST/OBC Certificate?
You can check the status online by providing the application number and date of birth of the applicant.
Which documents need to upload to the online application?
The applicant’s photograph, age proof, address proof, etc. need to upload by the applicant.