The Uttarakhand government has announced a new scheme and is soon going to launch a new Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY) 2021. Thousands of women residing in the hilly areas of the state will be benefitted in this Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana. The scheme was announced by former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat, which was later implemented by the cabinet in the entire state.
Let us tell you that in the state of Uttarakhand, women who bring grass i.e. fodder from the forest are forgotten by the name “Ghasyaari” in the regional language. Therefore, such women will get the benefit of this scheme.
Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY)
In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Ghassari Kalyan Yojana, Implementation of the UK MGKY Scheme, Salient Features of the Scheme, Highlights & Kit Details of the scheme and step by guide to apply online.
Implementation of Uttarakhand Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
Let us see the details of the implementation of the UK Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana, as shown below.
- Fodder for cattle would be supplied in remote rural areas in mountainous areas through 7,771 centres under the Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana.
- The cattle rearers in these areas will be provided with packed silage and total mix ration (TMR). UK Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana will come as a major relief for women who have to undergo hardships and face dangers while collecting fodder from the jungle.
Please Visit Our Articles
Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana 2021 – Highlights
Let us see the Highlights of Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana, as shown below.
Chief Minister Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY)
Trivendra Rawat, former CM of Uttarakhand
25 February 2021
To make the women of the state self-reliant
Ghassari women living in mountainous areas
Packed silage fodder to livestock farmers
Official website for the scheme is not yet there so here we are providing official website of the state government: uk.gov.in/
“According to official sources, the Uttarakhand cabinet approved Rs 16.78 crore for Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY) in the next financial year. The state government has already decided for cooperative cultivation of maize, thereby facilitating its supply to the beneficiaries as well as production of silage and TMR. The state government intends to provide animal feed at Rs 3 per kg under this scheme.”
Features of Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
Let us look into various salient features of this Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana.
- Under the scheme, women do not have to go to the forest for charpatti, for which nutritious food of animals will be given at subsidized rates.
- Livestock farmers of remote rural hilly areas of Uttarakhand will be given packaged silage, Total Mixed Ration TMR at their home.
- The aim is to free women from the task of cutting fodder by providing silage and TMR feed blocks at discounted rates.
- Livestock will not have to wander from forest to forest for feed.
- There will be double benefit in animal health and milk yield.
- More than 2,000 farming families will be linked to the collective cooperative farming of maize on more than 2000 acres of their land. Arrangements have been made to provide fair prices to maize growing farmers.
- Cattlemen will also get nutritious fodder for their animals and the burden will be reduced from the heads of women in the mountains
Earlier, Trivendra Singh Rawat’s government has also approved its plan to make women co-accountants in husband’s land. The economics of mountainous regions revolves around women. Wandering in the forest for fodder, wood for morning and evening has been a big problem. On the way to the forest, there are sometimes attacks by wild animals, sometimes falling from the hill and death, as on the day of an accident.
Contents Available in Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana kit
The Haryana state government will give special kit in this scheme. Let us know about it more.
- Under this scheme, every woman of the animal husbandry family will be given a kit by the state government, which will include two hoe, two sickles, a water bottle and a food tiffin.
- The cost of this kit will be around Rs 1500. Although the scheme also talks about selling fodder at low rates through 7771 cooperative centers in the villages of Uttarakhand, but the political dispute is about the name of the kit and the scheme.
How to Apply Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana Online
Let us see how to apply online for Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
- This scheme has a lot of benefits to the women in hilly areas. To avail the benefits of this scheme you need to apply online or offline.
- However, the procedure to apply online is not yet known.
- We will keep you updated once there is an official information regarding the same.
- Please visit the official website for more details and stay tuned on this page to know more details regarding the scheme and how to apply online updates.
All the interested applicants can visit the official portal of the Uttarakhand State and apply for the Gharyari Kalyan Yojana online.
FAQs on UK Mukhyamantri Gharyari Kalyan Yojana
How benefit from this Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana?
Women residing in the hilly areas of the state will be benefitted in this Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana.
What do they provide in Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana kit?
State government will give special kit in this scheme which include two hoe, two sickles, a water bottle and a food tiffin.
What is the cost of animal feed that they provide in Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana?
The state government intends to provide animal feed at Rs 3 per kg under this scheme.
When was this Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana announced?
This scheme is announced on 25 February 2021 on behalf of the Uttarakhand State government.