In May 2016, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG) launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ (PMUY) with the goal of providing clean cooking fuels such as LPG to rural and deprived households that had previously relied on traditional cooking fuels. From 2016 to Till date ([date-today]), the scheme has seen various changes.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – PMUY 2022 Information Guide
This article is dedicated for people who want to get the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. We have covered all key points related to the scheme and explained the process to Apply online in detail.
In order to replace the traditional fuel usage countrywide, Our government introduced the ujjwala scheme. The beneficiaries are given free cylinders. As per the new update, Ujjwala 2.0 beneficiaries get free stove and refill too
|🗞️ Ujjwala yojana beneficiaries to get Rs. 200 Subsidy |
🗞️ Around 9 Crore People to get subsidy benefit under Ujjwala Scheme
If you fulfill the eligibiity conditions of the scheme and want to apply online, follow the Ujjwala yojana registration process to get registered as beneficiary of the scheme and claim all benefits.
Who is Eligible for PM Ujjwala
Only women are eligible. Women should meet any of the following criteria:
- Name in SECC 2011 List
- Belongs to a SC/ST family, is a Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) or Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) beneficiary, is a member of the Most Backward Classes (MBC), is a member of the Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, or lives on a river island.
- If the interested women doesn’t fall under any of these 2 criteria, she can still apply by filling in the 14 point declaration form
- The applicant family should not be using any LPG service in the house already.
Documents Required for Ujjwala Yojana Application
- The applicant’s Aadhaar card : Can be used as proof of identity (POI) and address (POA) if they live at the same address that is on their Aadhaar card (not mandatory in case of Assam and Meghalaya applicants).
- Aadhaar Cards of the adults family members of the applicant
- Ration Card issued by the State
- Bank Account Number and IFSC Supplementary KYC to back up the family’s status.
- Bank passbook copy to get details like Account Number and IFSC Code
PMUY 2.0 – Ujjwala Yojana Reloaded
The second phase of ujjwala yojana, also known as PMUY 2.0 was announced on August 2021. Here are some key points that you should know
- Migrant workers can get a free cooking gas connection under Ujjwala 2.0 by self-declaring, which eliminates the need for documents such as address proof.
- Ujjwala 2.0 aims to provide deposit-free LPG connections to low-income families who were not eligible for PMUY’s first phase.
- Beneficiaries will receive a free stove (hotplate) in addition to deposit-free access to LPG supplies.
- The first gas cylinder is free under the scheme, but consumers must pay for subsequent cylinders.
- The government provides Rs 1,600 in cash assistance for a PMUY connection. The cash assistance covers the cylinder, pressure regulator, LPG hose, domestic gas consumer card, and inspection/installation/demonstration charges
PM Ujjwala Yojana – Apply Online, Registration Guide 2022
Let us see the step-by-step guide to apply for the Ujjwala scheme.
- Visit the Official Portal of pmuy.gov.in.
- It takes the online applicants to the Home Page Below.
- In the main menu, click on “Apply for new ujjwala 2.0 Connection”
- Now, select the provider of your choice, select from Indane, Bharat or HP Gas
- Now the corresponding page will open up & the free cylinder application form opens up
Ujjwala Yojana form
- Answer the question, are you an existing customer?
- Now type your first name, Type in your address, in the enrollment scheme section, click on Ujjwala Scheme, and clearly fill in other options too
- Finally submit the form
After filling in the ujjwala 2.0 scheme form, you need to wait for the concerned distributor to call you. You will be asked to present documents to make sure you are eligible. If all goes well, you will get PMUY ujjwala yojana free cylinder along with the free gas stove.
Take a look:
|Update Mobile Number in your LPG Gas Account||Gas Booking Number|
|नए गैस सिलिंडर के लिए आवेदन कैसे करें||Ujjwala Yojana List|
Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 Online Application for Bharat Gas Connection
If you are interested in avail of free Bharat gas connection under ujjwala scheme version 2, select Bharat gas.
- This opens up new page, where you are asked to enter few details to ensure your eligibility
- Enter all details correctly, and then provide the OTP
- After entering the OTP, accept the declaration and click on “Verify & Register”
- You will then see a registration successful message on the screen
- You will be now contacted by the agency for further proceedings
PM Ujjwala Phase 2 – New HP Gas Connection Application
Those who are interested to get a free HP gas connection under the ujjwala 2.0 scheme, select “HP Gas” at the application page on pmuy.gov.in
- At the HP gas new connection page, choose “Ujjwala beneficiary connection”
- Accept declaration to proceed
- Now select the nearest HP Gas distributor
- Click on Next to open up the online application form page
- Enter all details correctly and upload required documents
- Finally submit the application and note down the reference number. You will be contacted by the agency for further details.
Similarily , you can apply for Indane gas connection too.
|Official Website||Visit Now|
|PMUY 2.0 Apply||Fill Online Form Now|
|HP New Ujjwala Connection||Apply Now|
|Indane New Ujjwala Connection||Apply Now|
|Bharat Gas New Ujjwala Connection||Apply Now|
Ujjwala 2.0 Free LPG Connection FAQ’s
What is the main motive of Ujjwala scheme?
The scheme’s prime objective is to provide free LPG Connections to women and reduce traditional cooking methods that harm the environment.
What is new in Ujjwala Yojana Phase 2
Phase 2 or Ujjwala 2.0 has brought few changes to the existing scheme. Go through the article for details.
Which company LPG connection will beneficiaries get?
They have the choice to apply online & choose the provider.
Is there any helpline number?
You can dial any of these numbers – 1906/18002333555/18002666696
Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Vaibhav Tiwari