According to the census in 2011, around 2.21% of the total population falls under the category of PwD (Persons with Disabilities). It means that a staggering number of 2.68 Cr people out there are facing challenges, and need to be sought out and helped. To help this cause, the Government of India has started an initiative to create a Database where one could find all the details regarding the PwD. This later came to be known as the UDID (Unique Disability Identity Card).Through this online initiative, the online users can apply, check, download the disability card online.
UDID Card Apply Online
This article explains the complete details about the Unique Disability Identity Card (UDID), Procedure to Apply Online for UDID Card, Guide to Check the Application Status Online, and Procedure to Download the Disability Card.
Benefits of UDID Disability Card
- People will not be required to carry multiple papers for various purposes. The UDID will carry all their personal details.
- It will serve as a single document for Identification.
- It will help in tracking the progress of the benefits availed to the beneficiary.
How to apply for a UDID Online for UDID Card Online
- Log on to the official website: https://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/
When on this page, click on Register Now button.
- This will take you to the application page, which is divided into three sections:
- Personal Details:
You are supposed to fill this form very carefully as some of the details like Mark of Identity and Guardian’s information often turn out to be very crucial. Also, the image size of your photograph should be between 15 to 30Kb and for signature, it should be between 3kb to 30kb.
- Correspondence and Permanent Address:
Please use the address that you have provided on the Aadhar card as it will make it easy for you to upload the document of proof. Also, the correspondence address is the same as your permanent Address then you don’t have to retype the same thing again. You can just check on the Same as above.
- Education details: You are supposed to select the level of education you have received.
- Disability Details:
On this page, you’ll be required to upload your Disability certificate and then fill in the details regarding the same. Although you don’t have to fill in all the details, only the ones that have a mandatory mark or star.
- Employability details:
On this page, you’re supposed to fill in your employment and salary details, along with your poverty status. Although none of these details are mandatory, so if you want you can easily skip them too.
- Identity Proof
This is the final step. Here you’re supposed to upload a document that will confirm your Identity. However, if you have already uploaded your Aadhar card in the correspondent address section, then you won’t require to update it again. You can simply click on the check box that reads Identity proof same as that of Correspondence address.
- Once you click on proceed on the last step, your previously filled-in application form will be again visible to you. Here, make sure that there’s no mistake in that form before clicking on the Confirm application button. For one last time a dialog box like this will pop up:
You have to tick on all the check-boxes in this section.
- When you’re done, you’ll be given an enrollment number and an option to download the receipt. You’re supposed to download the receipt and then copy the enrollment number.
- Then head over to the link: https://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/pwd/pwdtrack
Paste your enrolment number in the search bar and click on Go. This will help you track your UDID status.
How to Check Swavalamban Card Application Status
Let us see the online procedure to check the Swavalamban Card Application Status online.
- Visit the Official Portal of Swavalamban Card Online.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
- Click Here to get directly redirected to the following page below.
- Enter the Enrolment / UDID / Request Number / Mobile Number / Aadhar Number and Click on the Go button.
Procedure to Download the Disability Card Online
Head on to the website- https://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/home/login
Here you will have to fill in your log-in credentials, the captcha, then click on the log-in button to download the UDID.
UDID is a great initiative by the government and it will help the PwD in the long run.
UDID Card Apply Online – FAQs
What is the full form of the UDID concerning the following article?
The full form of the UDID is Unique Disability Card concerning the following article.
Who care avail themselves of the Unique Disability Card (UDID) launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, India?
All the eligible disabled candidates can avail themselves of the UDID Card online on the Swavalamban Portal.
Can I track the application status of the UDID Card online on the official portal of Social Justice and Empowerment?
The applicant candidates can check the status of their applications online on the Social Justice and Empowerment Portal.
Do I need to enter my employability details online using the Swavalamban Portal?
Yes, the applicant candidates should enter the employability details online on the official portal of Swavlamban.