As the local body elections are approaching in Tamilnadu, all the eligible voters must apply online for a new voter ID in TN (Tamilnadu). If you have recently turned 18 or you are already eligible but do not possess an epic card, you can make use of the online Form no. 6 application form filling facility.
Earlier, the process of applying for a new voter card was very tedious. Interested people had to visit the offices and wait in queues. The only option at that time was to manually fill in Form no. 6 (inclusion of name in voter list). The problem was addressed by the election commission and they launched the service to apply online for a new voter card. This article explains the process of applying for a voter ID in Tamilnadu.
TN New Voter ID Card Apply Online
CEO Tamilnadu has recently adapted the online voter registration facility. Using this service all the residents of the state will be easily able to get their new epic card at the comfort of their homes. Although the process is simple, you should still know the process to obtain a new voter card. We have listed all the related information in this article that you must be aware of!
- The applicant should be an Indian Resident
- The applicant must have reached 18 years
- Permanent Address is mandatory
Documents required to Tamilnadu New Voter ID Form no. 6
- Proof of Identity documents ( Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport or any other govt. issued ID card)
- Proof of Address documents (Passport, driving license, Bank/Kisan/Post Office current passbook, Ration card, income tax assessment order, Rent agreement, water/electricity/telephone bill, gas connection bill, Post/letter/mail delivered through Indian postal department)
How does the application process take place
⒈ User Fills in & Submits the online form no. 6
⒉ A BLO is appointed for the case
⒊ Field verification is done by the BLO
⒋ If all is found in order, BLO accepts the application and your voter ID card is issued.
TN Tamilnadu New Voter Card Apply Online Application Form
- Visit the Official CEO TN portal
- Click on “Online Registration facility”
- This opens up a new page which looks like this:
- Click on the “Login/Register” button
- Go to the end of the page and click on “Don’t have an account, Register as a new user”
- Enter your Mobile number in the space provided, enter the captcha code, and click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify”
- Now, you will be taken to another page, where you need to select “I don’t have an EPIC number”, enter your email ID and create a new password. After entering this information, click on “Register’
- Now, you will be redirected to the login page, where you need to enter your mobile number and newly created password to login. Enter the details and click on “Login”
- After successful login, you will be able to see the dashboard.
- Focus on the left-hand side column and click on “Fresh Inclusion/Enrollment”
- Now you will be taken to another page, which looks like this:
- Select your citizenship and State
- After this, you need to go through the five step process to apply for new voter ID. These steps are providing 1) Address Information 2)Date of Birth 3)Personal Details 4)Additional Information 5) Declaration.
- After this you will be able to preview your details before final submission
- Fill in details clearly in your address section
- Upload Address proof document. Acceptable documents are – Passport, driving license, Bank/Kisan/Post Office current passbook, Ration card, income tax assessment order, Rent agreement, water/electricity/telephone bill, gas connection bill, Post/letter/mail delivered through Indian postal department
- Click on “Next” to proceed to next section
- In the next page, Enter your DOB details and upload supporting documents. Acceptable documents are Birth certificate, marksheets of class 10,8 or 5, Indian passport, Pan card, Driving license, Aadhaar card
- After filling details and uploading and selecting the document, click on “Next”
- Now, in the next section you are supposed to enter your personal information like Name, gender, family details
- In the next section, additional information will be asked
- The next section is declaration section, where you need to declare that you have not applied for the inclusion of my name in the electoral roll for any other constituency & your name has not already been included in the electoral roll for this or any other assembly/ parliamentary constituency
- Finally, click on next to “preview” your TN form no. 6 application
- Double check the entered information, if all looks good, click on “Submit button”
- Now, your application reference number will automatically generate and will appear on the screen
TN New Voter Card Application Status Check 2021
- You can easily track the status of your new voter id card application by simply clicking on the “Track Status” link given.
- You will be informed on the screen about the latest updates related to your application
Download Tamilnadu E-Epic/ Voter ID Card
Once your application is approved and you can clearly see that on the status checking page, you will be able to download your electronic voter id or epic card. To do so, follow these steps:
- First of All login into your account
- Then, click on “E-Epic Download” option
- Enter your application reference number and select state
- Click on “Search” to find your voter id card and then download it as PDF
Note : The digital voter ID card downloading facility is available to only those applicants who have applied after November 2020.
TN New EPIC Card Form 6 Online Apply – FAQS
Is it possible to apply online for a voter id in Tamilnadu?
Yes, thanks to the online application facility anyone can now apply online.
How many fees need to submit for this?
There are no fees. You need not do anything except filling the form.
How to know if voter id is created after applying or not?
You can track your application using the “Track Status” option to find out if your id is created or not.
How to download an Epic card?
Once your application is approved you can use the e-epic download option to grab the pdf copy of your new voter id card.
Last Updated on August 11, 2021 by Vaibhav Tiwari