Recently, the West Bengal State Government launched a free tablet program for school children. WB government is distributing free tablets to students as part of the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022. The announcement regarding the program was made by CM Mamata Banerjee. She proposed to offer free tablets to students under the scheme. Around 9.5 lakh students in the state will take the Higher Secondary examination next year, will be provided benefits under the Wb Free tablet scheme.
Talking about technology in West Bengal, the information technology (IT) enterprises in West Bengal have grown by 133% in the last eight years, and IT exports have increased by 175%. This is actually a good program by the government to train students for future opportunities. Every interested person must read the detailed information related to the Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, the Application process of this free tablet yojana in West Bengal.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
The Department of Education, throughout the country, faced major problems during this COVID pandemic. As you are aware, Corona has had the greatest impact on student education, and many students lack access to a smartphone or tablet necessary for online education. Such pupils, however, need not be concerned because the West Bengal government, in order to assist students with online education, is providing free tablets to approximately 9.5 lakh students enrolled in various schools across the state through the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme.
This initiative will provide free tablets to students in West Bengal who are enrolled in 12th grade in a variety of government institutions. Free tablets will also be distributed to students enrolled in government-sponsored schools and madrasas. Additionally, every secondary school will be equipped with computers, enabling students to take classes online.
Highlights of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022
|West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
|Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
|Beneficiaries of the scheme
|Class 12th students from government schools, government-aided schools, and madrasas
|Providing free tablets
Interested ones to apply West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions. Here are the key details:
- Applicant must be permanent resident of west bengal.
- The candidate must be in class 12
- Applicant must have passed earlier examinations
- The student should be part of a Government School, a Government Aided School, or a Madrasah.
- Family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 200000 per year.
Documents Required to Apply
While filling out the application form for the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme, applicants will be required to submit several important documents; keep them on hand. The following documents are required for the WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022:
- Applicant’s Passport size photo
- Aadhar card
- Active mobile number
- School ID card
- Scanned signature
- Address proof
- Residence certificate/ Address Proof
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme – Why it was launched?
This program aims to provide online education to all students who are financially unable to obtain it. West Bengal has launched the WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022, which will provide free tablets to school children. Providing online education to students who cannot afford tabs is the scheme’s major objective. Additionally, the government has proposed setting up 20 IT offices in the Bengal Silicon Valley cluster. An investment of 3000 crores will be made to provide IT amenities to West Bengal’s population.
Key Benefits of WB Free Tablet Scheme
Here are the benefits that the applicants will get under this scheme
- Each beneficiary receives one tablet under this scheme.
- All government and government-aided secondary schools, madarsas are eligible for this program
- Tabs would be distributed to all Higher secondary students at these schools.
- The tabs will be offered to the students for the rest of their lives to promote their education.
Features of WB Free Tablet Scheme
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- Around 9.5 lakh students will get benefit.
- This program will enable students to learn online
- The decision by the West Bengal government is part of the state’s initiative to bridge the digital gap and give equitable access to online education for all students
Steps to Apply for West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
Follow these steps to apply
- Head to the official website of the scheme
- Click on Apply Online link
- Once you will click on the link, an online application form will appear
- Enter all asked information like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- Upload required documents
- Do check the filled details before submitting the form
- Hit the Submit button to complete the online application.
How to Check Application Status
Once you have filled out the free tablet application form, follow these steps to check the status.
- Head to the official website
- Look for the section check application status
- Enter the application number in the given box.
- Hit the submit button
- Now you can check the current status of your application
In a country where online classes have become standard, the pandemic has exacerbated the digital divide among students.
Governments in a number of states have made a concerted effort to fill the gap, providing smartphones, tablets, and laptops to school and college students for free.
Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal’s chief minister, has launched a scheme in which money is transferred to students’ accounts so they can purchase tablets or smartphones and continue their online education. This scheme is for students in Class XII who attend one of the 14,000 government and government-aided schools or one of the 636 madrasas.
Free Tablet Scheme WB FAQs
Who is eligible for the free tablet scheme in West Bengal?
Students of the 12th class studying in government institutions are eligible.
How many schools in total can be part of this scheme?
14000 government and government-aided schools including 636 madrasas are eligible.
Who announced the WB free tab scheme?
CM of the state, Mamta Banerjee launched this scheme.
Last Updated on February 23, 2022 by Hindi Yojana Team