WB Kanyashree Prakalpa How to Apply, Application Form, Check Status Online, Complete Details of Scheme
For a few decades, the government has been implementing a lot of schemes and amended different acts to uplift the women in the country. Even though the government has been implementing those acts, still the women in Indian society have been a victim to different social evils. One of those social evils is child marriages that do more damage to females than the male. The early marriages to the girls lead to different problems like early pregnancies, abortions, harassment, etc.
In India West, Bengal ranks top 5 in the practice of Child Marriages and in the early school dropouts by girls. In order to curb this practice, the West Bengal Government launched a flagship program called “WB Kanyashree Prakalpla Yojana” to give the girls financial assistance so that it reduces the child marriages and school dropouts by girls.
Under this scheme, the girls can continue their education by taking financial assistance from the government in the name of scholarship. It not only helps them monetarily but also boosts self-esteem to the girls living in this patriarchal society. The government categorized this scheme into 3 levels as K1, K2, K3.
In this article, we are explaining to you about the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana, Eligibility criteria for K1, K2, K3 levels, Application form, and checking status online.
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana | Apply, Application Form, Check Status Online
Eligibility Criteria for Applying WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
Let us see the eligibility criteria for applying to West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana for the levels K1, K2, K3
Eligibility for Applying K1
- The Applicant Girl should be in between 13-18 years of age
- The Marital Status of the girl should be Single/Unmarried
- The Applicant Girl should enroll in any of the formal school, should be pursuing a college or an equivalent university, should be from a vocational course or an industrial training center
- The girl’s family income should be less than equivalent to 1,20,000 Per Annum
Benefits of K1 Scholarship :
Each Girl Student will receive a scholarship of 750 Rupees every year who fulfill the above eligibility criteria.
NOTE: If an Applicant Girl is not having birth certificate for applying this scheme, the date of birth recorded in school records is considered, but she should produce the birth certificate later to avail the renewal of this scheme to K2 Level.
Eligibility for Applying K2
- The Applicant age should be 18 and 19
- The Marital status of the girl should be Single/Unmarried
- She should be from any recognized college or university, should be from vocational training, technical training, industrial training, or the sports training center.
- Family Income should be less than or equal to 1,20,000 per annum
Benefits of K2 Scholarship :
Each Girl Student will receive a One-Time Grant of 25,000 Rupees who fulfill the eligibility criteria
Eligibility for Applying K3
- Students who were already applied for K2 is eligible for K3
- Should have minimum 45% aggregate in the undergraduate program from any recognized college
- Should be enrolled for a post-graduate program in any course under any university
Benefits of K3 Scholarship :
In the K3 Level, the Girl Student can pursue Post Graduation of her choice from any university through a scholarship provided by the government.
NOTE: Open/Distance Education students are not eligible and fall under the K3 Scholarship
Documents Required for Applying WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
All the applicants who are applying Kanyashree Yojana for the first time should submit the below documents
- Birth Certificate
- Marital Status Statement
- Income Certificate of the Family
- Income certificate is not needed if the girl is an Orphan, having a disability rate of 40% or more, and if the applicant provided the certificate of residence in-home registered under J.J Act 2000.
- The Girl Students who are applying for the K2 and the one who is applying for renewal of K1 to K2 need to submit all the certificates for verification
Note: However, in the successive years, the beneficiary no need to provide all the certificates. Marital Status Certificate is enough.
How to Apply for WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana, Online/Offline? | Kanyashree Scheme Application (Registration) Form
Note: The eligible applicants should have the active bank account on her name, as One-Time grant is directly paid through direct cash transfer to the beneficiary account
Let us have look at the applying procedure for WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana in detail
- The school authorities should distribute the printed applications to the eligible students at free of cost.
- For easy identification, K1 applications are printed in light green and the K2 applications are printed in light blue color
- Applicants who are enrolling for K2 upgrading have to collect the application forms from the school authorities
- The applicants irrespective of K1 or K2 should fill in the application form along with the parents and should take the guidance of the school staff if any doubts
- The applicant should take care while filling up the form, take care your name is identical to your name in the bank account.
- Preserve acknowledgment carefully for further tracking of your application
- The applicants, they should produce the documents that are listed above
- Collect the tear-off sheet from the application that is signed with an official stamp by the school authorities as an acknowledgment
- Keep the acknowledgment form carefully that contains Form Number, Name, Other Details along with the proof that is given for applying Kanyashree
- Later the scholarships are transferred to the applicant’s bank account through Direct Cash Transfer.
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa | Check/Track Application Status Online @wbkanyashree gov in
The eligible applicants after applying to the Kanyashree Yojana can track and check their application status online with the help of the acknowledgment receipt provided at the time of the registration.
Let us see how to check the application status online
- Login to Official Website
- Click “Track Application” on the Menu Bar
- It redirects you to “Track Application” page and displays the below form
- Enter the details like Year, K1 or K2
- Enter your Application ID
- Enter Date of Birth
- Enter the Captcha
- Verify all the details and click Submit to see the status of your application
- Kanyashree Yojana Official Website
- Download Kanyashree Yojana Guidelines
- Check Application Status
- Kanyashree Mobile APP
What is the eligibility for K1 Scholarship?
The girl students who are age between 13 to 18 are eligible for applying K1 scholarship.
Can I check the applications status online ?
Yes,you can check the application status online through Track Application.
What is the eligibility of K3 Scholarship?
The K2 girl students should completed their Under Graduate Programme with a minimum to 45 Percent Marks.
What is Acknowledgment reciept?
The receipt that is given by the school authorities after the registration of K1 Application is called as Acknowledgement Receipt.
Last Updated on July 19, 2021 by Hindi Yojana Team