Marriage Certificate Tamilnadu: How to Apply Online, TNREGINET Registration Form Filling Guide 2024
A marriage certificate is an important document for married couples in India and it serves as the legal proof of marriage between two individuals. Getting their Tamil Nadu Marriage Certificate registered and having a marriage certificate is necessary for married couples to avail several services/facilities in the country.
TN Marriage Certificate
This article explains the complete details about the Tamil Nadu TN Marriage Certificate, Step by Step Guide to Apply Online for the TN Marriage Certificate, Procedure to Fill in the Online Registration Form on the Official Portal.
Tamilnadu Marriage Certificate : Key Points
This article deals with how to get your marriage registered in Tamil Nadu. Since every state can get the marriage registered, it is important to understand how people living in that state can attain a Tamil Nadu marriage certificate. A marriage certificate helps an individual in
- Proving they are legally married to someone, especially beneficial for getting a passport, visa, work permit, etc., if their spouse lives abroad.
- Registering for your wedding also makes things a lot smoother in a country where rules are prone to change.
- It is also beneficial to avail life insurance benefits, family pension, bank deposits, etc., if their spouse dies without nomination and otherwise.
- Also, courts may require marriage certificates in divorce/legal separation/alimony/child custody cases.
Tamil Nadu Marriage Certificate, Online Registration Form @tnreginet.gov.in
- Visit the official website to of TN Marriage certificate:
- The home page looks something like this:
- On this page, you have to click on the option of User registration.
- This will take you to a page where you are supposed to create an account.
- To do that, you will have to create Log-in details followed by personal details:
- After that, you will have to enter the details of your address:
- You have to fill in the captcha in the other details section and later generate an OTP to complete this process.
- When you have completed the Log-in process, you will receive a verification email like this:
- In this email, you have to click on the link to verify your application and allow you to log in to the web portal to apply for the Marriage certificate.
- Once you have verified your account, you need to go back to the home page and log in to the portal using the credentials you created earlier.
- After that, you have to go to the registration option at the top bar of the page and apply for a Marriage certificate according to the law under which your marriage shall fall.
- This will lead you to a page where you shall be given information regarding the fees and other processing rules.
- You are to click on Proceed only after you have read all the instructions carefully.
- Now you will have to fill in different details regarding your marriage, the first of them being the place of marriage:
- Fill in the place’s information carefully you will late have to provide with requisite documents as proof.
- The second is details of the husband:
- The details of the Wife follow this:
- Next in order is the details of the witness:
- In these details, you can enter the name of the parents and any other member of the family who was present.
- The next option is to choose the Solemnizer:
- After that, you have to fill in the other details regarding the Taluka where the marriage shall be registered, and the applicant’s details too:
- Then you have to upload all the proofs regarding the two people who are married:
- The proofs include Address, Age and Identification. You have to choose the requisite documents to fulfil the task.
- Once the details are entered, it shall look something like this.
- The next option is to pay the online fees and to generate the receipt.
- Save the receipt, and you can also go back to edit the application if you think there has been some mistake in entering the details.
- After that, you will be required to go back to the registration page to apply for the token.
- You shall also be asked to fill a form like above and check for the dates and timings.
- After getting a date for the token, you can download the receipt and visit the office for getting the marriage registrar’s signature.
- With the help of these few simple steps, you can apply for your marriage certificate easily.
FAQs on TN Marriage Certificate
Is it mandatory to get the marriage registered?
It’s mandatory to get your marriage registered under the Compulsory Registration of Marriage Bill 2005.
What proofs are required for TN Marriage Registration Certificate?
You will be required to provide the address proof, Age proof and Identification proof of both the bride and groom.
What documents are admissible for the TN Marriage Certificate?
The portal allows you to use several documents such as Driving License, Passport, Pension Card. Aadhar card, Voter’s card and Patta passbook.
What is the advantage of availing of the Tamil Nadu Marriage Certificate?
It is also beneficial to avail life insurance benefits, family pension, bank deposits, etc., if their spouse dies without nomination and otherwise.
Last Updated on February 22, 2024 by Hindi Yojana Team