Gone are the days when you had to visit the Marriage Officer’s office in person to register your marriage. With the advent of technology, the process of marriage registration has become much simpler and more convenient. The Maharashtra government launched an online portal for marriage registration. It lets you apply for a marriage certificate at home.
The Maharashtra online marriage registration portal is easy to use and efficient. It provides clear instructions and guidelines throughout the process. This article explains how to obtain a marriage certificate, submit a notice, or make changes to an application in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Online Marriage Registration
If you live in Maharashtra and want to apply for marriage registration online, please read the following information carefully.
|How to Register Marriage Online
|Department of Registration and Stamps
Let’s get started.
- Any Indian citizen who is 18 years old (for the bride) or 21 years old (for the groom) can register their marriage online.
- The bride and groom should be legally able to get married.
- According to the Hindu Marriage Act or any other relevant personal law, they cannot be closely related to each other.
- The bride and groom cannot have a living spouse when they register their marriage.
- Age proof document (Birth Certificate/Bonafide/SSC Exam Certificate/SSC School Leaving Certificate/Passport)
- Proof of residence documents can include an Election Card, Passport, proof of residence from an employer, a certificate from a society, a registered Leave & License agreement, an Electricity Bill, a Driving License, or an Aadhaar Card.
- Passport (if either the bride or groom is a foreigner)
- Marriage invitation card (optional)
- Marriage ceremony photo (optional)
- In addition to these documents, the bride and groom must also upload their signatures in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format. Please make sure to upload only authentic, original documents. PDFs must be smaller than 3 MB. The file size for signature uploads should be less than 50 KB.
|Issue notice under section 6 and publish it.
|Excess copy of the notice as per section 6 (3),for each copy
|Concerning application under section 15
|Registrations and objections received under section 7 or 16
|To perform the marriage ceremony in the office of the Marriage Registrar
|If the marriage is to be solemnized in a private place other than the office of the Marriage Registrar.
|Certified copy of application or marriage certificate submitted under section 15 and copy of the statement.
|Application made under Section 5 to search the records (other than notice books) from the office of the Marriage registrar
|Search fees A) For the first year
|B) For every subsequent year maximum
|Regarding the appointment of a commission
|To file a copy of the decree/verdict or divorce under section 6 (3)
|For any application under this Act except stated above
Online Marriage Registration Maharashtra – User Sign up on Portal
- Head to the eMarriage webpage on the Department of Registration & Stamps Portal of Maharashtra.
- Click on the “Register Here” link highlighted on the homepage.
- Enter your full name in the “Basic Details” section. Then, click “Next” to proceed.
- Fill in the “Username and Password” section, including your desired username and password, and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a notification that your user registration is successful.
- Log in to your account using your username and password.
Maharashtra Online Marriage Registration Form 2023 : New Notice Application
- Login into the newly created account.
- Click on the “New Notice (Application)” link from the sidebar menu.
- Fill in the required details in the “Office Details” section, including the marriage type, district, and office name.
- Click on the “Save and Next” button.
- Fill in the details of the bride and groom, including their personal information, contact details, and identification documents.
- Upload the required documents, including age proof, residence proof, and signature.
- Click on the “Save and Next” button.
- Review the details entered and make any necessary corrections.
- Choose the option you want to use to publish the notice on the website dashboard and make sure to check the consent box for the declaration statement.
- Click on the “Print Form” button to download and take a printout of the application form.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to submit the application to the marriage officer.
What Happens after submitting Online Application
After submitting the online application for marriage registration, you will receive a notification confirming that your application was successfully submitted. You can view the submitted application in the ‘Application List’ tab with the heading “Pending at Marriage Officer”. The Marriage Officer may raise queries if necessary. If you don’t respond to the queries within 15 days from the date you were asked, the application will be automatically rejected. In that situation, you will need to apply again.
Online Marriage Certificate Maharashtra
After everything goes through, the concerned official approved the Marriage certificate. Information regarding this is given in the official portal. Once available, you can collect the Marriage certificate from the office.
Can I edit the information I have entered the online application form?
Yes, you can edit the information you have entered the online application form. Using the edit button in the ‘Action’ column, you can edit the information and make the required changes.
What is the timeline for submitting the notice of intended marriage?
The notice of intended marriage must be given at least 30 days before the date of the intended marriage. The notice must be displayed on the notice board of the Marriage Officer’s office for 30 days. During this period, any person can raise an objection to the intended marriage. If no objections are raised, the marriage can be solemnized after the expiry of the 30-day notice period.
What happens if the Marriage Officer raises queries on my application?
If the Marriage Officer has any questions about your application, they will notify you. You will then have 15 days from the date of the notification to respond to the queries. If you do not respond within this time frame, your application will be automatically rejected. In that case, you will have to submit a new application.
Last Updated on February 20, 2024 by Hindi Yojana Team