The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), along with Railways, has final launched the local train online e pass apply facility. The main objective behind introducing the QR Based Universal Travel Pass is to curb the people’s illegal use of fake railway passes. Through this pass, the citizens will have access to local suburban trains, Mumbai Metro and Monorail. The new initiative will help the BMC to keep track of the people using the local train services.
Mumbai local train e pass
Maharashtra government launched the Universal Travel pass facility on 12th August. Currently, the Mumbai local train online booking facility is available to people who have taken both of the doses and completed 14 days after their second dose. Also, the registration facility is available to establishments.
This article explains the online procedure to apply the Mumbai Local Train Epass online on the official portal, Features, and the functionality of the epass.
Features of Mumbai QR-Code Based Universal Travel Pass
Let us see the features of the Mumbai QR-Code Based Travel Pass launched by the BMC and Railway.
- The citizens residing in the financial capital of Mumbai and neighboring areas will be eligible for the pass.
- The new initiative will provide a hassle-free travel experience.
- The new QR code-based pass enable the citizens to travel according to 5 levels.
- The following initiative will allow the civic body to control crowding the coronavirus pandemic.
- Through this new initiation, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will keep track of people travelling in the local trains based on the restrictions imposed.
- The new QR-code-based ticketing initiative will be checked at the railway stations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
- It can be done with the help of a smartphone or QR code reader.
- If any passenger found travelling without the authentic QR Code will be fined Rs 500 on the spot.
- Moreover, the people who found the fake passes will be immediately handed over to the Railway Police.
How the Mumbai Universal Travel Pass Works
Let us see the information about the working procedure of the Mumbai Local Train Travel Pass.
- The passes are issued to establishments and common people who are fully vaccinated.
- Using this epass initiative, the BMC can keep track of the locals using the locals based on the restrictions imposed.
Mumbai Local Train E pass – BMC Universal Travel Pass Apply Online 2021
The applicants should register and apply on the official portal epassmsdma.mahait.org. The online application process has already commenced on the portal. Let us see the procedure to apply online for the Mumbai Local Train ePass.
- Visit the Official Portal
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
- Click on the “Universal Travel Pass for Vaccinated Citizen” button at the top of the Home Page.
- It then redirects the online user to the following page below.
- Enter the same mobile number that you used for cowin registration
- Enter the received OTP and you will be redirected to the Cowin page. If you have taken both the doses and crossed 14 days after that, then only you are eligible. If not, you will see this message:
- If the fully vaccinated person logs in, he will be easily able to fill in the BMC universal pass form.
Download BMC Mumbai Universal Travel E Pass
After successfully applying and verifying your details, you can download the universal travel pass that can be accessed while traveling in local trains within Mumbai. This great facility will help you to get rid of the normal ticket booking process.
Apply Online for Mumbai local train e pass FAQs
What is the primary objective behind the launch of the Mumbai Local Train epass?
The primary objective of introducing the Mumbai Local Train Epass is to curb the fake local train passes.
What is the complete form of the BMC concerning the following article?
The complete form of the BMC is Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, concerning the following article.
Who are eligible for Universal Travel Pass introduced by the BMC along with Railways?
The citizens residing in the financial capital of Mumbai and neighboring areas will be eligible for the pass.
What is the main feature of the Mumbai Local Train epass launched by the BMC?
The unique feature of the Mumbai Local Train epass is that the passes are enabled with QR-Code.
Last Updated on August 15, 2021 by Hindi Yojana Team