Kerala Income Certificate is a very important one, and is necessary to avail several government benefits. It is needed to enroll in various welfare schemes, apply for your child’s educational purposes and scholarships. In earlier days, you had to go in person to your village office or Taluk office to create a new income certificate Kerala. It consumed a lot of time, energy, and money.
However, our government offices are getting digital and thanks to that, you can simply apply for various certificates, including income certificate, from the comfort of your home. You can do it either through a computer, or even using your smartphone.
Kerala Income Certificate – How to Apply Online & Download
You can apply for income certificates for you or your family members using a computer or a smartphone. If you are using a computer, simply open your chrome/ Mozilla browser and search for www.edistrict.kerala.gov.in.
(You will reach here)
If you are using your smartphone, you should select desktop mode after typing the web address. The step-by-step guide to apply online& Download Kerala Income Certificate in Kerala is given below in this article.
Documents required to apply for income certificate in kerala
Here are various documents (scanned) you should keep with you before you start applying online. (*)
- Ration card
- Tax receipt*
- Salary slip*
- A method to make payment ( Debit card, online banking, UPI, etc…)
* You can still apply online even if you don’t have the above documents. Just keep a white paper with you.
E District Kerala Income Certificate Apply, Online Registration Form @edistrict.kerala.gov.in
- Visit www.edistrict.kerala.gov.in in desktop mode, using chrome or Mozilla firefox. (You can see several facilities available on the home page.)
- If you have already done portal registration, log in to your portal by entering the user name, password, and type the captcha for e-District Kerala Income Certificate Apply.
- If you still haven’t made a portal registration, do it.
(For portal registration, if you haven’t done it yet)
- Log in to your portal
- Do the one-time registration, if you have not yet done it. (If you have, you can simply apply for your certificate.)
(For One Time Registration, if you haven’t yet done it)
- Click on ‘income tax certificate’
- Select where the certificate is to be submitted, whether inside or outside Kerala.
- Select your purpose with the certificate (or you can simply select ‘General purpose’ )
(Select appropriate options)
- Give your personal details the same as the ones on your ID card
- Give a rough idea about your income( it need not be 100% accurate, as the officer will make a suitable investigation)
- Fill for your district and Taluk
- In the survey number column, add the old survey number that’s printed in your tax receipt.
- Give details about properties you own.
(Add your income, and property details)
( Eg: land you own- select in which district and Taluk is it located, and its size in cents/hectares)
- Add applicant name. If it’s for a child, the income of parents will be considered.
- Upload the soft copy of required documents as PDF, usually:
- Tax receipt
- Salary certificate
- Ration card
(Add only what you have)
- If you don’t have any of these documents, just write what your income is on a white paper. Scan it and upload.
- Proceed to payment. choose a method that is suitable for you. There are options for Net banking, UPI, Debit card, and many more)
- Now, you have successfully applied for your income certificate in Kerala. You will receive a message containing your application number. Using this number, you can track your application status.
(Just submit your application details)
You will receive an SMS when your certificate is approved by the concerned officer. At that time, simply go to the portal and download the certificate.
Applying for your income certificate and downloading it has never been more convenient. Just follow the simple steps mentioned above and have your income certificate delivered to your computer or smartphone. Contact the helpline number, or visit your nearest Akshaya center in terms of any issues.
We hope the article was helpful, share it with someone who might find it useful, and subscribe to the blog for further updates.
Kerala Income Certificate FAQS
Who can apply for the Kerala Income Certificate online in the state?
All the interested and eligible citizens can apply online for the Income Certificate in the state.
Are there any documents required to apply for the Income Certificate Kerala?
Yes, it is must to provide all the required documents when applying for the Income Certificate in the Kerala State.
What is the advantage of possessing the income certificate in the Kerala State?
The income certificate is advantageous for the citizens to apply for various welfare schemes run by the government.
Can I apply for the income certificate in offline mode in the state of Kerala?
Yes, the citizens of Kerala can apply for the Income Certificate in offline mode by visiting the nearest government office.