Getting the JK Domicile certificate is now simpler with the introduction of online services. If you are planning to get your domicile certificate in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, this article is for you. Know the rules, eligibility criteria, requirement documents and every piece of info related to J&K domicile application 2022.
The Jammu & Kashmir government issued the rules of the Jammu & Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) on 18 May 2020. According to the Grant, people from outside J&K residing in UT were allowed to apply for the Domicile Certificate.
Also, the citizen with a permanent resident certificate (PRC) of J&K has to apply for JK Domicile Certificates. Applicants having the PRC can easily apply for a domicile certificate through the online portal.
JK Domicile Certificate
Domicile Certificate is another name for the residence certificate issued by the state government. The Domicile Certificate is proof that the certificate holder is a resident of that particular state.
This Domicile Certificate is issued from the concerning Tehsildar Office of the applicant. One can apply for the JK Domicile Certificate from the online portal and by filling out the offline form, which is available on the official website.
Who is Eligible to Apply for Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate
According to Rule 5 of the J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules, 2020, all those belonging to the below-mentioned categories are eligible and can apply for JK Domicile Certificate.
- Parents and their children who have resided in Jammu & Kashmir for a minimum of 15 years are eligible.
- People who have studied for seven years and appeared in the 10th or 12th class examination in any of the schools in the UT are eligible.
- Migrants and their children registered with the Relief and Rehabilitation Commissioner can apply for Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate.
- Children of all other India service officers, central government officials, officials of public sector undertaking (PSU) and autonomous body of central government, officials of statutory bodies, officials of central universities and research institutes of the central government, and public sector banks who have served their duties in Jammu & Kashmir for 10 years are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.
- Children of the residents of Jammu & Kashmir who reside outside the UT for their employment, business, or other professional or vocational reasons are eligible to apply.
- The spouse of a person obtaining the Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate is eligible.
Documents Required to Apply for Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate
Applicants should attach the documents as per the specific clause of Rule 5. You can find the details about the clause and the list of documents on the final Application form to apply for the JK Domicile Certificate.
List of Documents required:
- Permanent Residence certificate
- Permanent Resident certificate of the parent
- Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Ration Card
- Immovable Property Records
- Education Certificate.
- Electricity/Utility Bill
- Employer Certificate
- Labor Card
- Certificate of registration as Migrant
- Certificate of registration as Migrant of the parent
- Certificate of Service
- Voter List
- Other State/UT Domicile Certificate
- Spouse Domicile Certificate
- Marriage Proof Certificate
Attach only the original or attested copies of the required document from the above list. The attachment file should be between 11kb to 200kb.
J&K Domicile Certificate Apply 2022, Registration Process & Application Form Filling
Here is the step-by-step guide for the applicants applying online for JK Domicile Certificate.
Step 1 Visit the official website of the Jammu & Kashmir government (https://jk.gov.in/jammukashmir/ ) for online registration.
Step 2 On the top left side of the website, you will see the ‘Services’ option in the navigation bar. Bring the cursor over it and you will see the option of Online. Click on ‘Online’.
Step 3 Now, the registration portal for JK eservices will appear. Click on the Citizen Registration link.
Step 4 Clicking on Citizen Registration will take you to the Citizen Registration Form.
Step 5 Fill in all the details such as basic details, current and permanent address, contact details, and login details. Upload your passport size photograph of the dimensions 5*4.5(cm) OR 2*1.75(inch). The image size should be between 30kb to 50kb.
After filling out the form, click on the preview button at the bottom. Check that all the details uploaded are correct, and then submit the form to complete the citizen registration process.
Step 6 Once the registration form is submitted, you can see the Citizen-Id, login-Id, and Password on the screen. Note all the details for reference and further process.
Step 7 After getting the login Id and password go to the login tab from the top navigation bar. It will ask you to change the password. Once the password is changed you will see the below screen.
Step 8 Now, click on the E-Services tab. You will see the below screen. On clicking the Revenue Department tab, you will find the ‘Application for Domicile Certificate’.
Step 9 The application form to apply for JK Domicile Certificate is now open. Fill in all the details properly and upload the appropriate documents.
The online application page looks like this:
Once all this is complete, preview the form filled, and then finally submit the form.
Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate Offline Application Form PDF
Applicants who want to apply offline for the JK Domicile Certificate can download the Application form from the below-mentioned link.
J&K Domicile Application FAQs
What are the modes to apply for a domicile certificate in Jammu & Kashmir?
One may apply online and offline too to avail domicile certificate in J&K
What documents or information are required to fill JK domicile online application?
Applicants will be asked to upload documents like PRC, Birth Certificate, Ration card, education certificate, labour card (if applicable), Voter List etc.
|Login/Sign to Apply Online for Domicile
|Download Residence Form
|Rules of Domicile
Last Updated on July 16, 2022 by Hindi Yojana Team