Applying for Bihar new ration card has become easy. EPDS Bihar online facility allows you to apply for ration cards online, download relevant application forms, and even check the application status too.
Ration cards are official documents provided by Indian state governments to families entitled to acquire subsidized food grain through PDS under the National Food Security Act. For several Indians, they also function as a means of identity. The Bihar ration card is a formal document Bihar’s state government provides. One of the essential advantages of a Bihar ration card is acquiring discounted food from the state government. The advantages, eligibility, necessary paperwork, and application procedure for the Bihar Ration Card are all covered in-depth in this article.
Bihar Ration Card Apply
Applying new ration card has now become easy. Now you can apply online for a ration card in Bihar. Once applied, you can check the application status to know what’s happening with your Bihar ration card application now. Also, if interested, you may apply in offline mode by downloading the ration card form and submitting it to the concerned office.
Bihar Ration Card Types
Bihar Ration Cards are divided into three categories, as shown below:
- APL (Above Poverty Line):
Individuals living over the poverty line will receive an APL ration card from the state.
- BPL (Below Poverty Line):
Individuals living below the poverty line will receive a BPL ration card from the state.
- Cards for Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY):
The government will distribute Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY) cards to the economically disadvantaged.
Eligibility Criteria for obtaining Bihar ration card
The following are the eligibility requirements for applying for a new ration card in Bihar:
- The candidate must be a resident of the Bihar state.
- A ration card must not be present in the applicant’s possession.
- Couples who have recently married in Bihar are eligible to apply.
Bihar ration card online apply – New Application Form 2022
The government of Bihar has introduced a seamless online process for residents to get the Bihar ration card. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to get it online.
- Head over to the Bihar Government’s EPDS portal. A quick Google search can bring up the official website for the users.
- In the Important Links section, an option is labeled “RC Online.” Click on the “Apply for Online RC option” to register for a new Bihar ration card.
- Users will be redirected to a login page. Click on the option “To Register, Click Here.”
- On the next page, put in the applicant’s name and enter a valid mobile number and email ID to receive an OTP.
- After confirming the email ID and mobile number using the OTP, users will be asked to put in their Aadhaar number and other geographical details like district and pin code. In this stage, users will also need to set a password (max eight characters).
- Users will now get a confirmation message and their acknowledgment number which they should keep saved for future references.
- Use your new password to log in to the dashboard. The first page after login will provide you will all the relevant details that you need to know about the application process.
- Click on the Apply option on the top menu and select New Apply in the drop-down menu. Select option for “Rural” or “Urban.”
- On the new page, users will need to fill up all their details accurately.
- Click on Submit after all the information has been filled in. Users will now be greeted with a success message.
- Users will now have to add family members under their family. Click on the Edit Application option under the Apply drop-down. Click on “Member.”
- Now fill in all the relevant details about the members of the family.
- Verify all the details and click Submit.
- The final step is the upload documents. Select the “Upload Document” option in the Edit Application submenu.
- Use the browse option to select the desired files and upload them.
- Hit Upload and click on Final Submit under the Edit Application submenu.
Bihar Ration Card Application Status Check Online
Once you have filled in the application form, you also have the facility to check the application status. Ration card application status in Bihar can be checked using the provided application number from the portal.
The Bihar State Government’s Public Distribution System (PDS) offers subsidized basic requirements like grains, food products, edible oil, kerosene, and other items to Ration Cardholders’ families. Furthermore, the Bihar ration card serves as an essential means of identification. When applying for additional documents like a marriage certificate or a domicile certificate, a copy of the Ration Card can be used to prove identity.
Is it possible to apply for a ration card in Bihar online?
You may do a Bihar ration card online apply from the comfort of your own home, thanks to a new program. People can use their ration card as an identity card. A ration card is also necessary to obtain a voter identification card and a driver’s license.
What are the benefits of having a Bihar ration card?
Ration cards are used as official identity, and proof of nationality is required in numerous areas.
The Ration card’s hue also indicates the family’s financial situation.
Many disadvantaged households will obtain cheaper food grains and commodities by getting a Ration card.
It is a legal document that may prove your identity wherever in India.
Many businesses are open for the delivery of food through PDS.
Bihar’s administration has set the price of distribution items based on the color of the ration card.
Last Updated on February 20, 2024 by Hindi Yojana Team