Applicants applying for admission to academic institutions must get a Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) if the school requires the documentation. It is issued when the authorities have validated it in conformity with the current regulations. A declaration would be included in the document stating that the document is only acceptable for admission to the specific institution and not for any other purposes. The method for acquiring the residency certificate in Assam is detailed in this article.
Assam Residency Certificate PRC – How to Apply Online & Check Status
Who are eligible to apply for the residency certificate in Assam?
- An individual who has lived in the state for at least 50 years alongside their parents and ancestors, or whose parents and predecessors have lived in Assam for the same amount of time.
- An individual who has lived in the state continuously for at least 20 years.
- An individual is the offspring of one of the individuals listed above.
Assam PRC Certificate Apply Online
Both offline and online methods are applicable for Assam PRC Certificate. However, this post will cover the steps of online application for a Residency certificate in Assam.
- Users will need to register with the e-forms portal in order to apply for the Assam PRC certificate.
- Login to your account on the portal. Select the option “Permanent Residence Certificate Application Form”.
- Now click on the option “online” under the Apply column as seen below.
- On the next redirected page, click on “Submit Online” to begin the application process for the Residency certificate in Assam.
- You will be redirected to the application page on the next page.
Note: Users will need to complete the process on a laptop or PC and not use any mobile device for better compatibility.
- Start by filling in all your basic details as mentioned in the form.
- After completing with your details, you will now need to add supporting documents to the application in PDF forms. Ensure to go through the file requirements before submitting. Browse your local storage and add the files.
- Fill out the captcha at the end and fill in the details about “No of Pages to be Printed” and “Pages Scanned”.
- Click on Preview to get an overview of all the information you have put in. Ensure to verify that all the details are accurate and up to date.
- Click submit after you are done verifying all the details for accuracy.
- After going through the application process for Assam PRC Certificate, all of the documents would be automatically uploaded; if there is a problem with the size of the document, an alert will appear; otherwise, the uploading procedure will be completed automatically.
- After you’ve finished submitting your documents, you’ll be sent to a new page where you will need to pay your Rs. 30 application cost.
- After you’ve completed your payment, you’ll receive an acknowledgment receipt, which you should get printed for future reference.
Check PRC Status and download residency certificate assam
To check PRC status, head on to the e-district portal which you used during the application process
- Put in the application number that you got during the registration process. Now click on the “Status” button.
- Users should be redirected to a similar page as shown below.
- Once the application has been approved, users can directly download it from the portal.
How to digitally sign your residency certificate Assam?
- Use Adobe Reader to open your certificate.
- Right-click the symbol (?) and choose Properties.
- Show signature attributes by clicking on it.
- Now select the option “show signatures certificate”
- Now choose the Trust tab.
- Check every box and
- Click OK after selecting Add to a trusted certificate.
- Next, select Validate Signature.
Now that your Assam PRC Certificate has been digitally confirmed, you may use it anywhere.
Important documents for PRC Certificate Apply online
- Two passport-sized pictures
- Real estate records containing current land revenue and, if applicable, payment receipts
- Indian passport photocopy
- NRC 1951 certified copy
- Linkage in the regional voter’s list.
- The birth certificate issued by the appropriate authorities
- Admit Card / Document of HSLC Certificate
- Employment certificate from the employer
- Documents relating to parents and elders who have lived in Assam for at least 50 years.
- Documents relating to parents span a period of 20 years.
Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by Hindi Yojana Team