On May 16th 2023, The Union Minister for Communications, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Launched Sanchar Saathi Portal. This portal consists of various modules integrated to locate or block lost/stolen mobile phones. Also, one may check how many mobile numbers are active on their IDs. More details on the services available at the Sanchar Saathi Portal are discussed later.
Sanchar Saathi Portal
Sanchar Saathi portal is a project brought to life by the Department of Telecommunications. It is a citizen-centric project that empowers mobile subscribers by strengthening their security. This platform raises awareness among citizens by letting them have active mobile connections in their name. It allows them to terminate unknown numbers. Citizens have the facility to block or trace missing mobile phones. With CEIR & TAFCOP modules integrated, the Sanchar Sathi platform is a powerful solution.
Sanchar Sathi Modules
There are two modules integrated within Sanchar Saathi:
This module tracks lost/stolen mobile devices. Also, it has the facility to block stolen or lost mobile phones so that nobody can access anything from that device. When someone tries to use the blocked mobile, it can be traced.
Control is an integral part of the CEIR Module. Once you find your lost or stolen mobile phone, you can unblock it and continue using it.
The TAFCOP module fights unauthorized usage of mobile connections. It directly fights identity theft.
Many cases have been observed when multiple sim connections are used in the name of someone who doesn’t even know it. This usually happens when somebody uses your ID documents or information to purchase a SIM card.
Many scams these days are happening due to this issue. That’s why it was essential to bring a system that can transparently tell how many connections are active on the ID of any person.
Services Available on Sanchar Saathi Portal
- Blocking Lost or Stolen Mobile Devices
- Track lost mobile phone
- Unlocking Found Mobile Phones.
- Knowing the number of connections issued on your Name, using your Identity
- Check the Validity of your mobile device using the KYM application.
How to Block Lost or Stolen Mobile Phone
Required Documents or Steps
- File a Police Report and keep a copy of that report.
- Get a duplicate SIM card for the lost number in the phone.
- To do this, you must head to access the CEIR module of the Sanchar Saathi Portal.
- Mobile Phone Invoice to prove that the lost mobile belongs to you.
- Aadhaar Card/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License or other ID of the person whose phone is lost.
Once you have these documents ready, you are good to go and use the Sanchar Saathi portal to raise a complaint to block your phone.
Here are the steps:
- Go to https://ceir.sancharsaathi.gov.in/Home/index.jsp
- Use the option Block Stolen/Lost Mobile Phone
The online application form appears like this:
- Ensure you fill in every piece of information and attach the required documents.
- Finally, Hit the submit button to “Submit” the request to block the device.
Sanchaar Sathi Portal Request Status Check
After you submit your request, you get a Request ID. This ID will be useful in the future. For any communication regarding your bid, you can share this Request ID.
You can also check the lost phone complaint status on the Sanchaar sathi portal. Here are the steps:
- Go to the status-checking page
- Enter your Request ID
- Click on “Submit”
- Now you will receive information on your request generated on the Sanchar Saathi website.
How to Track Lost Mobile Phone on Sachar Saathi Portal
You won’t have complete access to tracking the lost device as a user. The concerned team does the tracking of lost mobiles. You can request to block your number.
After your number is blocked and someone tries to use it, the authorities recover their location and can help you get your phone back.
If we get more information on tracking the lost phone on the Sanchar Saathi portal, the same will be shared here only.
Unblocking the Mobile Device
Congratulations if you have found your mobile phone with the help of the Sanchar Saathi portal and other involved persons. The next step now is to unblock it so that you can start using it normally.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to https://ceir.sancharsaathi.gov.in/Home/index.jsp
- This time, use the option “Un-Block Found Mobile”
- Enter the Request ID, Mobile Number, and unblocking reasons on the next page and feed the OTP.
- After doing this correctly, you can unblock your recover mobile.
Check Mobile Numbers / Sim Cards on your Name using Sanchar Saathi
The TAFCOP module of the Sanchar Saathi program handles this service. Follow these steps to check:
- Go to https://tafcop.sancharsaathi.gov.in/telecomUser/
- Enter your 10 Digit mobile number
- Enter the Captcha code and click on “Validate Captcha”
- Then enter the OTP received
- Click on “Login”
- Now, on the next page, you can see all numbers issued under your name
- If you notice any number in the list that doesn’t belong to you, click “Not My Number” and hit the report button.
- After you do this, that selected number is flagged for reverification. This means that the sim card provider must again verify the identity of the person using it.
- If this is not done timely, the outgoing services from that number shall be suspended after 30 days & incoming services after 45 days. After 60 days, the mobile number will be disconnected.
I hope this article provides you with the information you were seeking. We have tried to present detailed information on the Sanchar Saathi portal, its benefits, and available services like Blocking/tracking lost mobile phones, unblocking recovered phones, Finding mobile numbers in your name etc.
|Sanchar Saathi Portal||https://sancharsaathi.gov.in/|
|CEIR Module||Visit Now|
|TAFCOP Module||Visit Now|
|Check Application Status||Check Here|
|More Central Govt Schemes||Explore Now|
Sanchar Saathi Platform Related FAQs
What is the motive of the Sanchar Saathi portal?
Its motive is to help people to block and track their lost mobile devices. To find how many numbers are registered under their name and block unauthorized ones.
What documents are required to block a lost phone?
FIR, Duplicate number, Invoice (if available), and Identity proof of the person requesting.
How to check mobile numbers active on my name?
You can check which sim cards are currently working under your name. This can be done using the TAFCOP module of Sanchar Saathi. Simply login using your existing mobile number and check all the numbers issues under your name. If you find any numbers that don’t belong to you, you can report them on the portal.
How to access the recovered mobile phone?
If you have found the mobile phone that you earlier blocked. Unblock it using the given steps.
Feel free to share your thoughts and questions in the comments section.
Last Updated on May 18, 2023 by Vaibhav Tiwari