Good news for NRI (Pravasi) people of Kerala! The Kerala state government is now helping the Non-Residents Indians belonging to Kerala to come back to India amid this Corona (COVID 19) crisis. The facility to register online has already started at the Norka Roots portal. If you are stuck in a foreign country and belong to Kerala, you must complete the online registration as soon as possible at NORKA ROOTS
What is NORKA?
Department of Non-Resident Keralites Affairs, Kerala is called NORKA. This department is responsible for managing all NRI people in Kerala. This department keeps records of NRI and facilitates them with various schemes and online facilities.
Kerala NORKA Roots Pravasi Registration (COVID 19), Online Application Form
As you are aware, the corona pandemic has shaken the whole world. Although Kerala was among the initial most affected place, now the state has controlled COVID 19, thanks to good management. The state government is not only looking after the native residents but now also focusing on the NRI (Pravasi).
State govt. is committed to helping people of Kerala stuck in other countries. That is the reason why the online facility is now live using which Kerala Pravasi people can register online at NORKA Roots Portal & expect homecoming help from Kerala Govt.
Before we share the step by step process to fill in the NORKA Roots NRI Registration form, please understand what information you need to provide
Required Documents/Information to fill Norka Roots Pravasi Pass Online Form
- Name (as in Passport)
- Age of the Applicant
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Residing Country (Country where NRI is currently residing)
- Permanent Address in Kerala
- Email, Phone number, Whatsapp, etc.
- Employment Details
- Visa Information
Kerala NORKA Roots Online Pravasi Registration | Find out how NRI can register @registernorkaroots.org
- First of all, navigate to official NORKA roots register page @registernorkaroots.org
- As soon as this page loads, you will the the registration form
- Now, fill in all the required information i.e. Name, Mobile Number, Passport number, Current Address, Permanent Address in Kerala etc.
- Then, hit the next button to proceed
- In the next page, you are required to provide additional details like Employment Details, Visa Type, Reason for Return, COVID 19 Test details, Proposed departure airport, Proposed Airport in Kerala
- In the end of the form, you will see a option that says “If home quarantined, whether a separate room with attached bathroom available or not”. Answer appropriately and complete the registration process
- After the form is submitted, note the reference number
How Kerala Pravasi (NRI) can Register at NORKA Roots via Mobile App
Applying via the official portal is not the only alternative. You can also download the NORKA Roots mobile application & apply it there. Here are the steps:
- First of all, Visit the Android Play Store (Google Play Store) & search for “NOORKA Roots”
- Click on the First result and install the app
- Once installed, open up the app & Register for the NORKA ROOTS pravasi registration there.
Who is eligible to fill NORKA Roots Pravasi Registration Form?
NRIs belonging to Kerala are eligible to apply.
Can NRI belonging to any foriegn country apply?
Yes, no matter where you are living currently, you have the option to register online and request for homeland visit.
Does registration ensures pickup by Government?
As per the disclaimer mentioned the registration page – “This registration is only for making quarantine arrangements in Kerala and monitoring the registered persons during the quarantine period and does not guarantee any priority for travel”
What are the helpline numbers?
Toll Free-India : 1800 425 3939 , International : 0091 8802 012345. You can also write email at email@example.com