RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 | Make Digital Payments without Internet
The biggest challenge usually the online user undergo while making digital payments is the failure of the payment process in the middle of the transaction. This occurs due to many reasons like poor internet connectivity, errors in the payment platforms etc. To overcome this problem and make the process easier, RBI is going to start digital payments without using the internet. However, this project is going to start from 31st March 2021
RBI has proposed a pilot project to make the payments in offline mode without using the internet connection. However, under this pilot project, authorised Payment System Operators (PSO’s) welcome payment solutions using cards, wallets or mobile devices for remote or proximity payments
- 1 RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 | Pay Digital without Internet
- 1.1 Benefits of Offline RBI Payment Scheme 2021
- 1.2 Features of RBI Digital Payments without Internet Scheme 2021
- 1.3 Quick Links
- 1.4 RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 FAQ
- 1.4.1 What is the tentative date for the commencement of RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021?
- 1.4.2 What are benefits of RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021?
- 1.4.3 Does the payee receive the messages related to transactions in the offline digital payment scheme?
- 1.4.4 Can the user make payment through the modes other than Cards,Mobile Devices and Wallets?
RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 | Pay Digital without Internet
In this article, we give you a detailed explanation about the RBI Offline Payment Scheme, Benefits of the Offline Payment Scheme and Procedure for the Offline Payment Scheme
Benefits of Offline RBI Payment Scheme 2021
Let us have a look at the advantages of the RBI Offline Payment Scheme in detail
- Can make digital payments offline without internet connection
- People of remote areas will get benefited where internet connectivity is poor
- The user can make the small value payments in offline through the cards and mobile devices
- It is safe and secure protecting the interests of the users
- It makes the digital payment process flexible and time saving
- Wide Geographical reach and Accessible to Large Number of People
Features of RBI Digital Payments without Internet Scheme 2021
Let us have look at the features of the RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 in detail
- Under this scheme , the payments could be made using Mobile Devices ,Cards and Wallets or through any other channels that doesn’t require internet connection
- Payments can also be made in Remote or Proximity Mode
- The upper payment of transaction limit is 200 Rupees per single transaction
- Payment transactions can be offered without any Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA)
- The PSO’s will send the message alerts to the user once after the transaction completes
- The total limit for offline transactions would be 2000 Rupees. However, the user can reset his/her limit any point of time
- Contactless payments should be adhere to the standards of EMV
- Payment transactions without AFA depends on the user choice
- There is a choice for the entities other than PSO’s may tie up with PSO’s to offer their products
- All liabilities should be incur by the acquirer that arise out of technical or security issue at the merchant’s end
NOTE: The RBI is all set to run the pilot project on the RBI Offline Payment Scheme and the actual scheme is going to start from 31st March 2021
RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021 FAQ
What is the tentative date for the commencement of RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021?
The commencement of RBI Offline Payment Scheme is going to start officially from 31st March 2021
What are benefits of RBI Offline Payment Scheme 2021?
The users can avail the benefits like the user can make payments without internet connection,can make payments through mobile devices & cards and can make easy payments anywhere etc
Yes, the Payment System Operators(PSO) allows the user to view the message alerts once after the transaction is completed
Can the user make payment through the modes other than Cards,Mobile Devices and Wallets?
Yes, the users can make payments using remote or proximity modes under the RBI Offline Payment Scheme