As Punjab elections are approaching in 2022, voters are advised to verify their voter id details online. You can view the Punjab voter list online, search your name online or even download the photo electoral roll PDF. We highly recommend you go through the details given in this article.
The election commission has started a special drive to update the Punjab voter list. Along with the online process, you can make use of this special drive. As per the update, under this program, BLOs (Booth Level Officers) will conduct a door-to-door exercise to make sure that names of all eligibles are added to the voter list, corrections are made and incorrect entries are deleted.
Punjab Voter List
What is a voter list?
The election commission prepares a list of eligible voters. This list is prepared booth-wise and is manages by BLOs i.e. booth level officers. This list is known as the voter list. With time, new names are added to this list. This list is also uploaded online so that one can verify their names in the voter list from anywhere. The voter list is also known as the electoral roll. The CEO (Chief Electoral Officer) manages the voter lists from all villages, constituencies, towns, and cities of the state.
You can find all the information on the CEO Punjab portal. You can view the Voter list, search your name in the list online and even download the photo electoral roll as a PDF file. Let’s now understand each of those, one by one.
CEO Punjab New Voter List, Photo Electoral 2021
As mentioned before CEO Punjab office manages all the voter data of the state along with the Election commission. Voter list which is also called electoral roll can be easily downloaded. Follow these steps to download for your area :
- First of all, visit the CEO Punjab portal
- Now, in the menu section, click on “Electoral Rolls”
- In the next page, click on first option that says “Photo Electoral Rolls”
- Now, you will see map of Punjab. Click on your district name
- After that, you need to click on your assembly constituency in the map
- Then click on “Electoral Rolls”
- In the next page, you will see Part no. & Part Name. Click on yours
- Click on “I am not robot” & then finally click on “Download”
- Now the PDF file will be downloaded or your computer or smartphone
- Open up the file and see if your name exists in the file or not
Search Name in Punjab Voter List 2021
The above-given method lets you download the PDF file containing the names of the voters. However, if you just want to confirm if your name exists in the voter list or not, you can simply use the “Search name” option.
Here are the steps:
- Visit this Page
- Select your district
- Then select your name constituency
- In the next page, click on “search in electoral”
- Now, enter the asked details like Name, Age, Gender, Fahter/Husband name, State, district & constituency.
- Then enter the captcha code and click on search
- Now, if your name exists in the list, details will appear below this form. If not, you will be notified.
Can I download the Punjab voter list with a photo?
For security reasons, photos are not displayed in the online voter lists, electoral rolls. However, you are informed whether the photo is added with your name or not.
How to verify if the name exists in the list or not?
To verify this, simply use the “Electoral search” option.
How to download the latest electoral roll in my area?
You can download the latest electoral roll as pdf by navigating to the CEO Punjab portal