PM Kisan FPO Yojana explained in detail. Know all about New Farmer FPO scheme and find out how to register online as FPO. But before that you should be aware of everything related to FPO, so let’s get started.
◉ The Government of India has approved and launched the Central Sector Scheme for "Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)" with a total budgetary outlay of Rs.6865 Cr. to form and promote 10,000 new FPOs until 2027-28.
What is an FPO?
Farmer Producer Organizations is the full name for FPO. It is a farmer-led organization. This organization offers comprehensive assistance to small and marginal farmers. Whether it’s technical assistance, marketing, processing, or additional irrigation facilities.
PM Kisan FPO Yojana
The objective of FPO – Farmer Producer Organization
The main objective of this organization is to provide all possible help to the farmers because small farmers do not get government assistance in the same way as big farmers do. There is a chain of brokers in agricultural marketing, who do not work in a transparent manner, due to which the farmers get very low prices. Out of the money that the consumer pays for that product, very little part reaches the farmers. Through this, farmers can get help. Through this organization, farmers will be able to sell their produce at a higher price.
The central government has announced numerous large schemes to benefit farmers and is now preparing to introduce a new agriculture bill to boost farmers’ incomes. The government is about to give another large gift to farmers in order to transform agriculture into a big business. The government will provide farmers with 15 lakh rupees for this venture.
Role of Kisan FPO
The Government of India has launched the Central Sector Scheme for “Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)” with the objective of establishing and promoting 10,000 new FPOs that will leverage economies of scale in production and marketing in order to increase productivity through efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable resource use, thereby ensuring sustainable income-oriented farming. This scheme provides professional handholding support to newly formed FPOs for a period of five years.
The Scheme is intended to undertake and provide the following significant services and activities in order to facilitate their development and increase farmer income:
- Provide high-quality production inputs such as seed, fertilizer, pesticides, and other similar products at competitive wholesale prices.
- Make available to members on a custom hiring basis need-based production and post-production machinery and equipment such as a cultivator, tiller, sprinkler set, combine harvester, and similar machinery and equipment in order to reduce per-unit production costs.
- Provide value-added services such as cleaning, assaying, sorting, grading, packing, and also farm level processing at a reasonable cost. Additionally, facilities for storage and transportation may be made available.
- Engage in higher-earning activities such as seed production, beekeeping, and mushroom cultivation.
- Aggregate smaller lots of farmer-members produce; add value to increase marketability.
- Facilitate market information on the produce in order to make informed production and marketing decisions.
- On a cost-sharing basis, facilitate logistics services such as storage, transportation, loading/unloading, and so on.
- Market the aggregated produce with greater bargaining power to buyers and through marketing channels that offer more favorable and remunerative prices.
PM Kisan FPO has been launched by the central government. The Farmers Producer Organization will receive Rs 15 lakh under the scheme. All farmers in the country will receive financial assistance from the government to start a new business, but to qualify for this program, 11 farmers must form an organization or company. This will facilitate the purchase of agricultural equipment, fertilizers, seeds, and medicines by farmers.
Key Points of PM Kisan FPO Scheme 2021
The FPO should have at least 100 members in the North-East and hilly areas, while for the plains at least 300 farmers should be in the organization.
It should be formed and promoted by Cluster-Based Business Organizations and there should be an agency to implement it at State or Cluster level.
It should be promoted under One District, One Product. For this better marketing, branding, processing, and export should be promoted.
It provides adequate training and hand-holding and primary training is provided from the level of CBO.
In the formation of FPO, priority is given to those districts which are aspirational and at least one block of one district should have one FPO.
List of documents required for FPO Registration
For FPO Registration, applicants need to provide the following documents/information while registering:
- Proposed Company name
- Company Address
- Electricity Bill
- पत्राचार पते का किरायादारी अनुबंध
- KYC Documents for participant farmers
- Aadhar Card (Scanned Original)
- PAN Card (Scanned Original)
- Voter ID/ Driving License.
- Bank Statement (not older than 2 months duly signed by Bank Manager)
- Passport Size Photograph
- E-Mail ID
- Phone Number
- Producer Certificate duly attested by Tehsildar
- Digital Signature Certificate
Allow us to inform you that the government has been attempting for a long period of time to ensure that farmers receive direct benefits. Farmers will not be required to approach any broker or moneylender under this scheme. Farmers can be paid in three-year installments under the scheme. Thus, the government will spend Rs 6885 crore until 2024.
Kisan FPO Registration 2021 – How to Apply Online
The government has drafted the Kisan FPO scheme and it will be released any time from now. Once the official notification is released, detailed information regarding the online registration process and application form filling will be disclosed.
Farmers will have to wait a little longer to take advantage of the PM Kisan FPO scheme once the registration process begins. As a result, you may also apply. The government has stated that a notification will be issued shortly.
Related Questions & Answers
What is FPO?
FPO stands for Farmers Producer organization. FPO is a farmer-led organization…. “Farmers who are also producers of their agricultural products can form groups and register under the Indian Companies Act.”
How many FPOs Indian government plans to establish?
As per a recent notification released by PMO, the government is aiming to establish at least 10,000 FPOs country-wide.
How much money govt is giving to FPOs?
The Indian government will provide Rs. 15 lakh to Farmer’s Producer Organization.