PGI Online Registration 2023, Old/New Patients pgimer.edu.in: PGI is undoubtedly among the best healthcare institutions in India. Patients from various states, especially from the north, visit PGI for treatment. To handle the patients efficiently, PGIMER has introduced an online appointment system. Every new & old patient of PGI Chandigarh needs to complete the registration.
PGI Online appointment is helpful for both patients as well as doctors. If the visiting patients complete the online registration process, it saves them a lot of time. Rather than waiting in line for hours, why not spend a few minutes on the PGIMER registration process and make the most of the PGI Chandigarh online appointment system?
This article is dedicated to helping patients visiting the PGIMER.
PGI OPD appointment is a helpful method to book your slot for consultation. You can do this using your computer, laptop or smartphone within a few minutes. This online process requires a working mobile number. Let’s understand the PGI patient registration & opd appointment booking process in detail.
PGI Online Registration
There is a registration system in place at PGIMER. This is for new as well as old patients. If, due to any reason, the patient is unable to visit the hospital, there is a reschedule and cancellation facility too.
PGIMER New Patient Online Registration
Every new patient must get a central registration number. This unique number is beneficial. The next time you visit PGI Chandigarh, make use of this number. Let’s find out the process of new patient registration at PGIMER Chandigarh.
- Go to https://pgimer.edu.in/
- Click on “New/Old Pre Registration”
- On the next page, when asked if you have a central registration number or not, select no
- Now, the new patient registration page opens up
- Before you could register, make sure you read the information
- Then click on the “Next” button at the end.
- The first step is to select the “Visiting Department.”
- Choose from Department
The listed departments are –
- Dermatology venereology & leprology
- Drug de-addiction & treatment centre
- General surgery
- Internal medicine
- Obstetrics (for pregnant women)
- Oral health sciences centre (dental)
- Otolaryngology head & neck surg (ent)
- Paediatric orthopaedics
- Paediatric surgery
- Pediatric medicine
- Plastic surgery
- After you select the department, another page opens up, where you can see available slots date wise.
- After you select the date, enter additional information like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Occupation, Email ID,
- Then, click on the “Register” button.
NOTE: When you visit PGI Chandigarh, there are lines for new or first-time patients. There is a special line for first-time patients with online registration; you can stand in that line with this receipt.
PGI OPD Card
New patients registered at PGI Chandigarh are given an OPD card containing patient key information like CR (Central registration) number. This PGI central registration number is unique to every patient.
Whenever you are going to visit PGI Chandigarh, make sure you carry the OPD card.
|Chandigarh Class 11 Admission||RLA Chandigarh Online Appointment|
|Chandigarh Sarkari Yojana||New Government Schemes 2023|
PGI Online Pre-Registration for Old Patients
The old patients already have a CR number, which can be used during the online Pre-registration process. The old patients need to use the central registration number to book the online appointment.
The OPD schedule at PGI Chandigarh is made public. It is available at the hospital and can also be checked online. Every patient must check the latest PGI OPD schedule before going through the online appointment process.
PGI Chandigarh Appointment, Online OPD Registration
Follow the below-given process to complete the online OPD appointment booking –
- Go to the pgimer.edu.in portal.
- Click on the New/Old Pre-Registration
- On the next page, you are asked whether you have a central registration number. Choose “Yes”
- Now, enter the CR number (given in your OPD card)
- After entering the CR number, click on “Generate OTP.”
- Now the one-time password is sent to the registered mobile number.
- After you enter the OTP, you are asked to select the department for your OPD visit.
- Select the date of your visit
- Then book your slot
- Now, the pre-registration slip appears on the screen. Save it on your phone.
Now, visit the hospital on the said date with the OPD appointment slip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is required to register at the PGIMER portal?
First-time visiting patients must pre-register, while old patients must register for OPD visits.
What is the CR number?
CR is the central registration number mentioned on the PGI OPD card.
How to Apply for PGI OPD Card?
The first-time visiting patients are given OPD cards that contain patient information and a unique CR number.
How to Book PGI Chandigarh appointment?
Those with OPD cards or CR numbers can register online for the PGIMER appointment. Select the department and date of your visit. Then print your appointment slip.
What is the benefit of online registration?
It saves a lot of time as the registered patients need to stand at the special lines in which the queue is much shorter.
Last Updated on June 4, 2023 by Vaibhav Tiwari