Everything you need to know about National Zoological Park (NZP), New Delhi, is right here. This article is crafted to help you book nzp tickets online. Also, there is some information that you must be aware of before visiting the NZP, like whether it is open or not, the timings etc.
Delhi Zoo, also known as the National Zoological Park of NZP, is a top tourist attraction in Delhi. The official nzpnewdelhi website allows you to check prices & book tickets online. This article covers everything related to Delhi Zoo from a visitor’s perspective. We are covering ticket prices, the booking process & other important information.
As humans, we love to see and enjoy the beauty of nature and creatures made by god. So, to cherish our souls and enjoy these valuable creatures, we visit a zoo. That’s why we will tell you about a famous zoo in Delhi, i.e., the National Zoological Park of Delhi.
National Zoological Park – Delhi Zoo Ticket Booking
I know you are super excited to enter the National Zoological Park or Delhi Zoo but don’t you think it would be great if you knew a few things about the place first?
National Zoological Park is a zoo in Delhi of 176 acres and is a home for around 1350 animals representing almost 130 different species of reptiles, animals, and birds present in the world. This park was built by the Indian Board of Wildlife in 1951 and came into existence after Independence.
Before Independence, there were no zoos and wildlife sanctuaries present in India, and therefore, the government took the initiative in 1952 to build more zoos in India. The zoo’s unique eye-catchy animals and birds include gaur, tiger, Jaguar, Rhinoceros, Elephants, Brow-antlered Deer (Sangai), Lion-tailed Macaque, Migratory birds (during winters), etc.
The main goal is to create a more enriched and safe environment for the birds and animals, conservation education, quality of animal exhibits, and good management practices.
Through this article, you will learn about Delhi zoo ticket prices, the National Zoological park ticket booking online procedure, Open/Close days, and rules and regulations for visiting the zoo.
NZ New Delhi Timings – Open/Close Schedule
People usually search for is the zoo open today, Delhi? So, here is the answer. The zoo is available from Monday to Thursday and Saturday and Sunday. It remains closed every Friday and on national holidays.
The timings to visit the park depends upon the season you are staying there. In summer (from 1st April to 15th October), the timings are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In winter (from 16th October to 31st March), the timings are 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Therefore, while booking the tickets online or visiting the zoo, keep this in mind and choose the timing as per your comfort.
Here is the Map of the Zoo
Now, before buying the tickets, we must know the price of the tickets and the facilities availed to the customers, and they are described below.
Delhi Zoo Ticket Prices
The prices to visit the zoo differ for adults, children of India, and foreigners. So, if we talk about Indians, the Delhi Zoo ticket price for adults is Rs 80 per head. And For children aged 5-12 years, the price is Rs 40 per head and is free for 0-5 years. The Delhi Zoo ticket price for adults of foreigners (excluding SAARC countries) is Rs 400 per head, and for children of age group 5-12 years, the price is Rs 200 per head and free for children of age group 0-5 years. For SAARC countries, the price is Rs 200 per head, and for children, the ticket booking price is Rs 100 per head and free for those of 0-5 years.
Facilities provided to the visitors:-
- Wheelchairs for the physically challenged are free of cost.
- Pram services for babies are free of cost.
- The cloakroom is provided to the visitors at Rs 5 per piece of luggage.
Things not permitted in the Zoological Park:-
- Eatables except for milk for babies
- Polythene Bags/packets
- All types of musical instruments and sound-producing elements
- Different kinds of Alcoholic/ Tobacco Products
- Fire Arms/ Pets/ Blades/ Knives/ Scissors and other sharp-ended articles.
- Different types of accessories and bags, except ladies purse, Laptop/ Camera with case
- All types of Inflammable Material
- Match Box/ Lighter
Other Terms and Conditions:-
- All the visitors are under observation of CCTV cameras.
- You can have a one-time entry through each ticket.
- Please keep your valid identity card with you if you want any concession or exemption.
- You may get fined or vacated from the zoo premises for violating zoo rules and regulations.
- Booked ticket will be provided to you via SMS, or on the email you provided.
- There are two-time slots for visiting the park. Those who visit during the 8-12 p.m. slot must exit the zoo by noon, and those who visit during the 1-5 p.m. slot must leave the zoo by 5 p.m.
Delhi Zoo Online Ticket Booking – Login @ nzpnewdelhi gov in
If you want to book the ticket online zoo online ticket booking, the Delhi procedure is written below:-
- Visit the official website, i.e., nzpnewdelhi.gov.in. Ticket booking can be made through this website only.
- This is how it would be shown once you tap on the link.
- The National Zoological Park ticket booking can be made online by entering the mobile number and the captcha shown in the box when you visit the website.
- This is how it would be shown once you log in via your mobile number. Enter all the necessary details like your first name, last name, gender, age, and email address.
- After filling in all the details, click on the “Continue to Booking” option.
- Now, enter the OTP you will get on the mobile number filled by you.
- And, hence you will be directed to the next page where you can choose the time slot and the booking date. And also the information related to zoo admission.
- After that, you will be directed to the next page where you have to fill in the visitor’s information and click on the continue option.
- Now, you will see the booking summary and can make payments.
Once you make the payment, your ticket will get booked. Also, you can download the ticket after the ticket gets booked.
When is NZP Delhi closed?
The Delhi zoological park is closed every Friday.
How to contact the National Zoological park helpline?
Phone numbers are 011-24358500, 24359825. You can also write an email at info-nzp(at)gov(dot)in
Are there any COVID-19 restrictions? How to get related updates?
At the official portal, there is a dedicated covid 19 guidelines section where you can stay updated.
Last Updated on December 10, 2022 by Hindi Yojana Team