A character certificate, sometimes known as a police certificate, is a document provided by a government body, the police, or another organization to an individual certifying that the latter has no criminal convictions or poor records from prior institutions. This certificate is required whether a person wants to study overseas, apply for government employment, or any other corporate job. The paper essentially serves as a background check on the individual.
Odisha Police Verification Certificate
You could submit for Police verification certificate Odisha via the Police Department online in the state of Odisha. Servant and employer information can be entered via the application online. The cops do employee verification and before appointing personnel, each employer must register for employee verification online or download the police verification form Odisha and complete the necessary paperwork. It will protect the employer from potential problems.
This post will be your guide on how to apply for a Police verification certificate in Odisha online detailing the various steps mentioned below.
Odisha police verification online apply
- Head on to the Citizen’s portal of the Odisha government.
- New users will have to register themselves to avail the online services offered by the government. Click on the Register button.
- Users will now be redirected to the registration page of the citizen portal.
- Users will be redirected to the citizen portal on the next step.
- Select the option Character Certificate Request to start with the process.
- Users will now be redirected to the next page where they will need to fill in the personal details for police verification. It should look something like this.
- After filling in the details, click on the tab labelled “Address” to go to the next stage.
- Users will now be redirected to the next stage where they will need to put in their address details.
- After finishing off the details in the Address section, click on the sub section “Affidavit” to proceed to the next stage.
- Users should now be redirected to a new section where they would need to self declare about any criminal proceedings ongoing against the user or their family members.
- Click on the checkbox “All the information provided in the form is true” and click on the “Documents” tab to upload documents.
- Now click on Documents to proceed to the next step.
- On the next page, users will need to upload their supporting documents to get the Police verification certificate Odisha.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, go back to the previous pages and verify that all the details are accurate. Hit “Submit” when done.
- On the next page, users will be asked to confirm all the details that they have put.
- Users will have to pay a fee of 50 INR to proceed with their application process. Hot Next at the bottom of the page to proceed to the payment page.
- Users can opt for any online method of payment to pay the fees on the platform. Remember to keep the Challan reference number safe for future use.
- After successfully making the payment, users will be redirected to the payment success page. It is advised to download the acknowledgement in PDF and store it for future use.
Check status of Police verification certificate Odisha
Now that you have successfully gone over the application process and submitted the fee, you will now need to track you application status.
- Head on to the Citizen Portal and login with your credentials that you made during the registration process.
- Click on “Character Certificate Request”.
- On the next page, click on “Search Status”.
- On the next page, select the Type of Service as “Service request” from the drop down menu.
- Enter your Service Request number that was provided during the application process and enter your name.
- Select “Character Certificate” under the Type of Service Request drop down menu.
- Select the year of the application.
- Hit “Search” to check the status of your online police verification form Odisha.
Frequently asked questions
What is a character certificate?
A character certificate is a document issued by government agencies to certify that a person has no prior criminal records or convictions. This essentially works as a background check for the individual.
What is the need for a police verification certificate in Odisha?
Character certifications prove that the person in concern has no criminal history or is not under investigation. Moreover, numerous government and non-government employment require these certificates. They could be needed for immigration, commerce, or other professional reasons.
How do I get a police verification certificate Odisha?
The government of Odisha has introduced the Citizen Portal online which caters to various administrative needs of the residents of the state. Users can log in to the portal to apply for their police verification certificate in Odisha by following simple steps and paying a simple fee.
Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by Vaibhav Tiwari