Step By Step Procedure to Apply & Login for an incentive for Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme 2021 Online Registration Form @ sumangal.odisha.gov.in
For the past few years, there is an impressive change in the marriage system in India. Unlike previous years, the people getting married to brides/grooms from other social categories have been drastically increased in the present decade. It is a welcoming gesture from the people because it creates a good environment among different people, avoiding social discrimination.
Moreover, the government is also encouraging intercaste marriages between people. In similar lines, Odisha’s government has recently launched an Intercaste Marriage Scheme to promote these marriages. The government provides an incentive of 2.5 Lakhs to the people choosing intercaste weddings. Beneficiaries under this scheme can apply for the incentive on Sumangal Portal developed by SC & ST Development. The beneficiaries will get the incentive within 60 days of the application process.
Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme 2021
This article explains the Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme 2021, Sumangal Portal, Online Application and Registration Procedure for applying the incentive on the sumangal.odisha.gov.in website.
Eligibility Criteria for applying the Intercaste Marriage Incentive Scheme
Let us see the eligiblity criteria that an applicant should fulfill to qualify for the Intercaste Marriage scheme introduced by the Odisha State Government.
- The marriage should be between upper-caste Hindu and the Hindus of scheduled caste.
- The marriage should be valid and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
- One of the spouses should belong to the scheduled castes as per Article 341 of India’s Constitution.
- The grant is only for the people who are marrying for the first time.
- If the bride or bride-groom is a widower, then they are eligible for the incentive scheme.
Important Documents Required
Let us see the important documents required for registering on the Sumangal Portal for the intercaste marriage incentive.
- Copy of Registered Marriage Certificate
- Scanned Copy of both the spouses’ Caste or Community Certificate along with sub-caste.
- Marriage Photo
- Scanned Copy of Declaration Form Duly Signed: Annexure-II and Annexure IV.
- Scanned Copy of Joint Bank Passbook Account
Odisha Sumangal Portal
- As discussed in the article, the scheme is dedicated to applying for the government’s intercaste grant.
- The Odisha government, to make the application process fast and transparent, started the Sumangal Portal.
- The eligible applicants can directly visit the portal and start registering their application for the incentive provided by the state government of Odisha.
Apply & Login for incentive on the Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us see the application procedure for applying for the Intercaste Marriage Scheme sponsored by the State Government of Odisha.
The applicants should create an account as a New User to start the application process.
- Visit the Official Sumangal Portal
- It takes the online user to the Home Page.
- It displays the Login Page on the Home Page.
- At the bottom, click on the Register Here Link to get registered as a new user.
- It then shows an account creation page.
- Enter Name, Email ID, Password, Confirm Password, Phone Number, OTP Generated, Permanent Address, District, Block, City, Application Type, Captcha Code, Pin Code.
- Verify all the details and Click on the Register button.
- After clicking the Register Button, the system redirects the applicant to the given page.
- Read the instructions and click on the Apply button on the newly opened page.
Odisha Intercaste Marriage Incentive Yojana Online Registration Form@sumangal.odisha.gov.in
- It then opens the registration page below.
- The applicant can find his/her email address and mobile number on the top of the page.
- In the Details of Husband Section, you can find the Full Name, Aadhar Card Number, Address, City, District, State, and Pin Code. (Already filled at the time of creating an account).
- In the Details of Wife Section, Enter the Full Name, Aadhar Card Number, Address, City, District, State, and Pin Code. (If it is the same, click on the same as husband’s address).
- Enter the Full Address of both the Husband & Wife before Marriage, as mentioned above.
- In the Other Information Details, Enter occupation and monthly Income of both Husband & Wife, Category, and Sub-Caste.
- Answer the question, Has the Marriage Registered.
- Enter the Registration Date, Registration Office Name.
- Please answer the question, Is it 1st marriage of husband and wife.
- Click on Yes/No on the widow status if applicable.
- Answer the question if they have received the grant earlier. (If yes, mention the grant date).
- In the Bank Information Details Section, Enter the Bank Account Number, Bank Name, Bank Branch, and IFSC Code.
- In the Upload Section, Upload the Joint Photo of Couple, Scanned Certificate, Marriage Registration Certificate, Scanned First Page of Bank Account, Scanned copies of signed declaration forms 1 and 2.
- Click on the Declaration Checkbox.
- Verify all the details and click on submit.
Odisha Intercaste Incentive Scheme FAQ’s
What is the incentive amount provided by the Odisha Government under the Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme?
The government offers an incentive of 2.5 Lakh under the Odisha Intercaste Marriage Scheme.
Is the Intercaste Marriage Scheme benefits applicable to second marriages?
No, the second marriage couples are not eligible for the second marriage couple until one pair is a widow/widower.
What is the official portal where I can apply for the Odisha Intercaste Marriage Incentive Scheme?
The government has launched the Sumangal Portal to facilitate the users to register for the incentive scheme on the portal directly.
What kind of marriages are acceptable to get eligible for the Intercaste Marriage Scheme?
The marriage should be between upper-caste Hindu and the Hindus of scheduled caste.