LPG SUBSIDY: How to apply online? Indane, HP, and Bharat gas Check Subsidy Payment Status
Due to the increase in gas and fuel prices, the price of LPG got increased in India in the last few years. That’s why to mitigate the effect of an increase in the price of the LPG, the government started an LPG subsidy scheme for the common people. To get the LPG subsidy, you have to link your Aadhaar card number with your LPG connection. Also, make sure you have linked your bank account with an aadhaar card.
The motive of this LPG Cylinder subsidy scheme is to provide subsidies to families who actually need it. Also, the government motivates LPG users who have a good source of income and high earning to surrender their subsidy benefit to help the economically weaker sections of society. And it proved to be beneficial as by 23rd April 2016, around 10 million people give up on their LPG subsidy by their own choice.
Who is not eligible for LPG Subsidy
Those who have an annual income of Rs 10 lakh or more don’t get their LPG subsidy as per the government rule. And this 10 lakh is calculated by including the income of both husband and wife.
Is the LPG subsidy has been abolished?
No, the LPG subsidy hasn’t been abolished by the government had stopped in the last few months (During the second wave of COVID 19)
Why was the LPG subsidy stopped?
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the prices of crude oil and gas have plummeted in the international market, and also the central government has to provide help and resources to the lower middle class and poor people which lead to a huge expenditure by the government.
The higher global prices and weakening of rupees put the large and small corporations in a situation to bear huge losses. As most of the activities were stopped in the COVID time, the government was facing issuing generating any revenues. Providing LPG Subsidies became a huge burden for the government in the pandemic situation, therefore, the government stopped the LPG subsidy to reduce the firm’s losses and to meet their expenses so that they can keep the economy balanced as much as they could.
When did the LPG subsidy start again and why?
In the month of September 2021, the government announced to restart the LPG subsidy as so many people were suffering (of the middle class) as the price of the LPG cylinder is almost Rs 1000 and there are chances of an increase in prices as well. Therefore, the central government started the LPG subsidy scheme again.
But from now the government has set some new rules regarding who will get the LPG subsidy and is written below:-
LPG Subsidy 2022 Rules – Eligibility Criteria
- Those who have annual income of less than 10 lakh will be provided the LPG subsidy.
- Those who are the part of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme will be provided the LPG subsidy for buying the LPG cylinders. But the price for their LPG gas should be more than Rs 800 to get the LPG subsidy.
ALSO READ – What is PAHAL DBTL Scheme
What is the current price of an LPG gas cylinder?
The price of LPG gas cylinders varies from market to market as well as from state to state. Today’s price of LPG gas in New Delhi is Rs 899.50 for a cylinder of 14.2 kg. In Uttar Pradesh, the price for the same 14.2 kg of the cylinder is Rs 937.50 and similarly, in Chandigarh, the price for the same cylinder is Rs 909. Therefore, the price of the LPG gas cylinder depends upon the state and market in which you live.
How much LPG subsidy is provided as per new rules?
As per the new rule, the subsidy on domestic gas is Rs 79.26, but earlier the amount of LPG was available up to Rs 200, which is now decreased to Rs 79.26. However, it changes depending upon the customers and some customers are getting an LPG subsidy of Rs 158.52 or 237.78 as well.
LPG Subsidy Apply Online – Application Form 2022
The steps to apply online for LPG subsidy are as follows:-
- To get an LPG subsidy, you must go to the website of https://www.mylpg.in/index.aspx.
- After that click on the forums option shown in the above figure and you will see two options, one is new connection/ KYC form and the second one is PAHAL joining form. Choose the second option and hence, you will be directed to a link of downloading.
- This is how it will be shown once you select the forums option.
- After tapping on that option, you will see an application form for getting the LPG subsidy. Download those forms and take a print of that form.
Read the complete application form and fill in all the necessary details very carefully. Once you are completed with the details, you have to submit it to the LPG distributor of which company you are having your LPG connection.
Make sure you have taken all the required documents with you while you are going to submit that application form. And hence your LPG subsidy form will be submitted.
How to Check LPG Subsidy Status
The most popular gas connection providing agencies are as follows:-
- Indane Gas:- Indian Oil Corporation has started the Indane Gas Agencies and provides LPG gas cylinders to the people across India. If you want to have your connection in Indane Gas, you should submit your necessary documents to the nearest Indane Gas distributor. Once your documents will get verified, they will check whether you could be a part of the subsidy scheme or not. You can also apply for a new connection by the official website of the Indian Oil Corporation.
If you are a part of the subsidy scheme, then here are the steps to check online the LPG subsidy status of your Indane Gas:-
Indane LPG Subsidy Status
- At first, you should visit this website, i.e., https://www.mylpg.in/
This is how it would be shown and as you can see a box where the name of the Corporations have been written.
- From there, you have to select Indane Gas and you will be directed to the next page. Where the Indane Gas website will get opened.
This is how the next page will be shown. Scroll down at this page and select the option “Give your feedback online” to go to the next page.
- Once you click on that option, a new page will get opened with a number of product list. Out of which you have to choose the LPG as shown in the figure.
This is the new page you will be shown after tapping on the link.
- After clicking that option, a new page will get opened as shown in the figure to select the category.
Scroll down to the page and you will have an option of “Subsidy Related (PAHAL)” And click on this option. The next page will get opened.
- On this page, click on the “Subsidy not received “ option and a new page will get opened.
- After tapping on that option, a new page will get opened where you have to enter your registered mobile or 17-digit LPG IF to check the Indane Subsidy status.
After entering one of them you will see a new page where all the information related to your Indane LPG gas and its subsidy status will be shown.
Check LPG Subsidy Status of HP Gas Cylinder
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation provides the connections of HP Gas. As per the scheme, the government provides a subsidy scheme to the LPG cylinders. If you are a member of the HP Gas subsidy scheme, then you would like to check the subsidy status of your HP Gas. So, follow the following steps to check the HP LPG subsidy status:-
- Firstly, visit the website of LPG gas, i.e., https://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/Index.aspx
- This is the page that will get opened once you click on the link.
To check your HP Gas Subsidy status, you must sign up. To sign up click on the new user option. If you already have an account then simply click on the sign-in option.
For those who have to sign up follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Once you click on the new user option, you can sign up either by entering your 17-digit LPG ID or you can normally search by entering the necessary details. After that, enter the registered mobile number and the captcha shown in your page and click on proceed.
- Once you click on proceed option, you will be directed to a new page where you have to enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
- When you will enter the OTP, a new page will be opened where you have to enter your valid email I’d and create a password for your account and confirm the password and then click on submit option.
- Now you can sign in to your account, click on the sign in option and you will be asked to enter your email ID and captcha shown in the image.
- After that, click on login and you will be directed to a new page where you have to enter your password as well and then click on the login option.
- Now your account will get opened. To check your subsidy status, click on track your refill.
- This is how the next page will be shown.
- On this page, click on track you refill to check the subsidy status of your HP Gas cylinder. Once you click on that option, a new page will get opened with the necessary details related to subsidy status and subsidy amount of yours.
This is how you can check the HP Gas subsidy status online.
Bharat Gas LPG Subsidy Status Checking Online
Bharat Petroleum Gas provides Bharat Gas to individuals across India for domestic use. They have a web portal to access the online services related to the Bharat Gas cylinders. It provides LPG subsidies to those who are a part of it. If you are one of them, follow the described steps to check the Bharat Gas subsidy status:-
- You have to visit the mentioned website, i.e., https://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/Home/Index
- Once you tap on the link, the above-shown image will be opened.
- As you can see there are three cylinders showing the name of the Corporations, select the Bharat gas option to visit the official website of Bharat gas.
- Scroll down at this page and you will see an option of “Give your feedback online” click on that option.
- Once you click on that option, a new page will get opened. Through this page, you can check your Bharat Gas subsidy status by entering your registered mobile number or 17-digit LPG ID or the necessary details related to your Bharat Gas cylinder.
- Once you enter any of these details, you have to select the feedback type as complaint from the options provided to you.
- Click on the next option, after clicking on the next option you will see the necessary details related to your subsidy status and amount of your LPG subsidy.
And hence, the details of your Bharat Gas subsidy status are shown.
How can you verify the amount of LPG subsidy?
To verify the amount received, you can see the amount shown in your subsidy status and check if it is the same as the amount received in your bank account.
- Visit the official mylpg site
- Download LPG Subsidy Scheme joining form
- HP Gas Official Site
- Indane Gas official Site
- Bharat Gas LPG Subsidy
Is the LPG subsidy scheme active or not?
Who is not entitled to take benefit of LPG subsidy?
Whom to contact if LPG subsidy is not received?
Last Updated on December 20, 2021 by Vaibhav Tiwari