The annual payment paid by property owners in their state to municipal corporations or government entities is known as a land tax or property tax. It applies to all types of property, including intangible assets, commercial complexes, land, and even land upgrades. If you own any type of real estate, you must pay property tax every year to the government.
Pay Kerala Land Tax Online
Anyone who owns land, plots, or homes must pay a land tax Kerala or property tax to the local government or local office in their respective region. In a given assessment year, the land tax is paid once or twice. The Kerala Revenue Department has a web programme called the revenue e-service portal that allows users to maintain property records, register for services, and pay Kerala land tax online.
This post is aimed at helping users with the proper guide to paying Kerala land tax online. To know the complete procedure, ensure to read till the very end.
About the portal
Kerala’s revenue department has unveiled seven new digital services. Among the newly announced services, the ministry has created a software app for paying land tax Kerala. The e-payment function and digital services were implemented with the goal of delivering speedier service, reducing interactions between citizens and government personnel, and deterring corruption.
Modules for giving location sketches, field measurement book sketches, and Thandaper accounts, as well as a module for applying for land conversion, are among the new digital services offered by this portal. It also features an online application and shortlisting component for social security pensions, as well as a site that offers comprehensive data on the prior history or liabilities of land owned by residents of the state.
Understanding Thandaper in Kerala
The term “thandaper” refers to a property’s revenue report in Kerala. Property owners are given a unique number called a Thandaper number, which is used to pay property taxes in Kerala. It allows authorities to determine an individual’s overall land holdings.
The Thandaper number may be obtained by contacting the local office. Officials will double-check the information and issue numbers for Thandaper, blocks, surveys, and subdivisions.
How to pay land tax Kerala online?
If you want to pay land tax Kerala online, you will need to head on to the official website of the Revenue department of Kerala and complete the following steps.
- Using any internet enabled device, head on to the official website for Revenue eServices @revenue.kerala.gov.in. Users should find themselves on the official webpage to start with the process of registration.
- Now click on the option Register to start with the tax payment process. Users will now be redirected to the Signup page.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and hit next on the bottom of the page. On the next page, users will need to create a username and password for their login to the revenue eService portal. Ensure to fill in the captcha and hit Submit.
- Users should now see a successful prompt after the account has been created. Next click on Sing In to login to your account and pay land tax Kerala.
- Sign in using the same username and password created during the registration process. Click on Sign In to get to the dashboard for your account.
- Users should now be redirected to the dashboard. Now click on the option for “Land Tax Payments” under the Quick Links tab.
- Users will now be redirected to a new form where users need to fill in their property details like location, thandapper number etc. Fill in all the details as mentioned and click on the option, View and Add found at the bottom of the page.
- Users will be prompted with the verified property details based on the government records. Click on the option for “Add doe Payments” found on the bottom of the prompt.
Now that the property details have been added, users can pay Kerala land tax online for the particular property. Click on the option “Pay Tax” to start the payment process.
- On the next page, users will be prompted with a payment details page. Go through the details carefully and click on the option “Proceed for Payment”.
- Users can use any of their preferred payment methods to make the payment for land tax Kerala. Once selected, click on the option for “Proceed for Payment”.
- Once the payment is done, users should get the payment acknowledgement directly from the Revenue eServices portal.
Last Updated on May 28, 2022 by Vaibhav Tiwari