Kerala State Government has launched another initiative to benefit the teachers, students, and general public. The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has initiated KOOL’s online learning platform (KITE’s Open Online Learning). In the initial phase, the government aims to train the teachers to cope with the latest changes in the teaching methodologies in Kerala State. In this instance, the teachers can Login using the credentials on the KOOL portal.
KITE’s Open Online Learning (KOOL)
This article explains the online procedure for Teacher’s Registration on the KITE’s Open Online Learning Platform, Features of KOOL, List of Courses on the Official Portal.
Features of First Phase of KITE’s Open Online Learning (KOOL)
Let us see the features of the 1st phase of the KITE’s Open Online Learning Programme launched by the Kerala State Government.
- The very starting batch of the KOOL Program consists of 2500 teachers and one mentor for every 20 teachers.
- The duration of the course for every batch is 6 Weeks.
- The course consists of Animated Learning Assistants, Video Tutorials, and Checklist to Practice Activities.
- Teachers can learn to create word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, image editing, video-audio editing, development of digital resources, Malayalam typing, internet, and educational applications in the six-week course.
- All the teachers who attended will get a course completion certificate after the successful completion of the course.
- KOOL program is designed based on MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) Model.
- Moreover, the Kerala KOOL Online Portal is an extension of the Samagra Resource Portal of the Education Department.
List of Courses Available in KOOL Program
Let us find out the list of courses available under the KOOL Program launched by the Kerala State Government.
- Accounting and Inventory Management (GNUKHATA)
- Basic ICT Training – DEMO
- Basic ICT Training – Premium 5
- Computer-Aided Design (LIBRECARD)
- Database Management System (BASE)
- Desktop Publishing (SCRIBUS)
- E-CUBE English Language Lab Training
- Introduction to GNU/Linux Operating System
- IT Maths Lab Training (Batch 2)
- Khata Accounting
- LINUX DTP
- Graphic Designing (GIMP)
- Graphic Designing (Inkscape)
- Graphic Designing (KRITA)
- Office Packages (Writer, Calc, Impress)
Teacher’s Registration for KOOL Online Learning Platform
Let us see the Registration and Application procedure for Teachers to register for the KOOL Online Learning Platform.
- Visit the Official Portal of KITE Kerala.
- It takes the online applicants to the Home Page Below.
- Enter the User Name and Password.
- Click on the Signin button.
- The teachers or students can collect the User Name and Password from the concerned schools or institutions.
- It then successfully takes the online users to the user dashboard below.
The interested applicants can visit the Official Portal and avail of the Online Services of the Kerala KITE’s KOOL Portal.
Kerala KITE’s Open Online Learning (KOOL) FAQs
What is the full form of KITE concerning the following article on Kerala KITE’s Open Learning?
The full form of KITE concerning the following article is Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education.
Who can enroll for KITE Online Open Learning Program in Kerala State?
All the Teachers, Students, and General Citizens can use the KITE Online Open Learning Program in Kerala State. However, at present, only teachers have access to register on the portal.
What is the advantage for the Teachers enroll in KERALA KITE KOOL Program launched by Kerala State Government?
The teachers can attain new skills and knowledge in different domains with the help of the Kerala KITE KOOL online platform launched by the government.
What is the duration of the six-week COOL course launched for the Teachers in the Kerala State?
The six-week course includes creating word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, image editing, video-audio editing, development of digital resources, Malayalam typing, internet, educational applications.