Karnataka Samruddhi scheme|Karnataka Samruddhi scheme for SC/ST |Karnataka Samruddhi yojana|Karnataka Samruddhi scheme for SC/ST rural entrepreneurs
Karnataka Social Welfare Department today launched the Samruddhi scheme to boost employment opportunities for SC/ST youth through entrepreneurship. For this, the government is partnering with private enterprises to train the youth from backward communities.“The Samruddhi scheme is targeted at socially marginalised communities to provide them with skill development and alternate means of employment,” he added.It is a rural entrepreneurship programme for Scheduled Castes (ST) and Scheduled Tribes (SC) in Karnataka.
The 30 companies which have signed MoU are to provide self-employment opportunities for around 25,000 beneficiaries from the SC/ST communities.The department is hoping to create around 10,000 entrepreneurs annually in the next three years from among the economically and socially marginalised communities in the State.
Karnataka Samruddhi scheme
Prelims level: Particulars of the Samruddhi Scheme
Mains level: Promoting entrepreneurship skills to socio-economically backward youths.
- The Karnataka social welfare department has officially launched ‘Samruddhi”, a programme that partners at least 30 private companies for skill development of youngsters from economically and socially backward sections.
- The K’taka government had data on the beneficiaries of similar grants in the past but there was no machinery to track the progress or utilization of these funds.
- The Samruddhi scheme follows the Unnati and Airavata schemes which also targeted socially marginalised communities and helped provide them skill development and alternate means of employment.
Karnataka Samruddhi scheme eligibility
- The applicants will be scanned on the basis of their qualifications.
- “The minimum age limit is 21 and one must have an SSLC (10th standard) certificate.
- They will be given a period of two months to show that they have the land or space for it, or have access to the same.
- They are then eligible to receive the grant to start their own retail outlet.
- This is a move away from traditional business loans as we saw a potential for misuse in the loans.
- These seed grants are secure and will directly reach the intended beneficiaries,” he added.
The government will also invest in training through ITIs, vocational training, and other institutions. The minister said, “This will provide them with employment opportunities across sectors and help them apply for the grant. The government is investing Rs 800 crore, which is eight percent of the department’s budget, through this scheme.”
The Samruddhi scheme is on the lines of the Unnati and Airavata initiatives. These target socially marginalised communities and provide them with skill development and alternate means of employment. The Unnati scheme has technology skill training at its core, targeting social innovation. With the Samruddhi scheme, the government hopes to train youth across sectors and convert them into entrepreneurs. forms available on the Kalyan Kendra website.
Karnataka Samruddhi scheme online apply
- you click official website.
- now you click karnataka samruddhi yojana application form.
- download form and fill it.
- you fill form correctly.
- now you click submit button.
Any query please comment below !!!!!!!!!!