Step by Step Guide to Apply for Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) | Pregnant Women Apply, Online Application Form firstname.lastname@example.org
The Central Government initiated a program called Janani Suraksha Yojana launched by the Prime Minister on 12th April 2005. The safe maternity scheme has been looking after by National Health Mission in the country. The JSY scheme’s main objective is to reduce the maternal and infant mortality rate by promoting institutional delivery among pregnant women. This scheme helps a lot to the women facing complications at the time of pregnancy. The scheme has been implementing in all the states and union territories. However, the focus is on the low performing states.
The interested applicants can apply for the Janani Suraksha Scheme scheme on the official portal.
- 1 JSY Scheme 2021
- 1.1 Apply Online for the JSY Pregnant Women Incentive Scheme @ nhm.gov.in
- 1.2 Online Registration Form for JSY Scheme@nhm.gov.in
- 1.3 Quick Links
- 1.3.1 What is the objective of the Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021?
- 1.3.2 Is the Safe Maternity Scheme applicable to the mother giving more than two births?
- 1.3.3 Does the scheme apply to all the hospitals across the locality of the applicant?
- 1.3.4 Who plays the crucial role in coordinating with the Janani Suraksha Yojana?
JSY Scheme 2021
This article explains the Janani Suraksha Yojana, a Maternity scheme for women, Eligibility Criteria, Monetary Assistance, Documents Required, and the procedure to apply for the scheme online on the portal.
Benefits of JSY Scheme
Let us see the benefits of the Janani Suraksha Scheme implemented by the government of India.
- The scheme reduces the maternal mortality ratio and infant mortality rate.
- JSY ensures 100% Institutional Deliveries in BPL / SC / ST families.
- The pregnant woman can avail of the cash benefit under this scheme.
Monetary Assistance under the Safe Delivery Scheme
Find out the government’s monetary assistance under the safe delivery scheme in both the rural and urban areas.
- The government will give pregnant women living in rural areas the cash amount of Rs 1,400 during childbirth and Rs 300 for delivery incentives to Asha aide and provide pre-natal service. Three hundred rupees will also be given.
- The government will provide pregnant women in urban areas with a cash amount of Rs 1,000 during childbirth. Moreover, Rs 200 will be given to Asha Sahyog for incentive delivery Rs 200 for providing pre-natal service.
Eligibility Criteria for the Janani Suraksha Yojana
Let us see the eligibility criteria for the applicants to get eligible for the scheme.
- Under the JSY scheme, pregnant women from rural and urban areas can get registered.
- Under Janani Suraksha Yojana, financial assistance will be provided to pregnant women only when they are 19 years of age or above.
- The applicants enrolled under JYS have to go to government hospitals or any private institute listed by the government.
- The scheme will benefit only the mothers of not more than two childbirths.
- However, if a pregnant woman gives birth to a dead child, then giving birth to live babies before or in between will be considered as valid cases. Moreover, women will be given money as promised.
Documents Required for the scheme
Let us see the documents required for applying the JSY Scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- BPL Ration Card
- Address proof
- Bank account passbook
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
- Residence Certificate
- Janani Suraksha Card
- Delivery certificate issued by the government hospital
Apply Online for the JSY Pregnant Women Incentive Scheme @ nhm.gov.in
Let us look at the online procedure to apply for the Janani Suraksha Yojana on the National Health Mission’s official portal.
- Visit the Official Portal of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It takes the online user to the Home Page.
- Scroll down the Home Page and click on the Janani Suraksha Scheme.
- It then redirects the online user to the below page.
- Scroll down the redirected page to find out the Guidelines for Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakramam.
- It opens up the new page in PDF format, where you can find the scheme’s guidelines.
Online Registration Form for JSY Scheme@nhm.gov.in
- Make a print out of the application form, fill in the applicants’ necessary details, such as personal details, address details, contact details, and other essential details.
- Attach the documents required to the filled application form and submit it at the nearest Anganwadi center.
Note : In this instance, the application form is not available in the guidelines form of the Janani Suraksha Yojana. However, the applicants can visit the Local Anganwadi Centres to get the application form.
JSY Safe Maternity Scheme 2021 FAQ’s
What is the objective of the Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021?
The JSY scheme’s main objective is to reduce the maternal and infant mortality rate by promoting institutional delivery among pregnant women.
Is the Safe Maternity Scheme applicable to the mother giving more than two births?
The scheme applies to the mother who gives a maximum of two childbirths.
Does the scheme apply to all the hospitals across the locality of the applicant?
No. The scheme applies to only the government hospitals and the other hospitals listed by the government.
Who plays the crucial role in coordinating with the Janani Suraksha Yojana?
The Asha workers play a crucial role in coordinating with the Janani Suraksha Yojana.