Procedure to Open Trading Account/DMAT Online, Appy and Start Investing in Stocks Now, Indian IPO’s, Step by Step Guide 2021
A DEMAT Account or Dematerialized Account provides the facility of holding shares and securities in an electronic format. During online trading, shares are bought and held in a DEMAT Account, thus, facilitating easy trade. A DEMAT Account holds all the investments an individual makes in shares, government securities, exchange-traded funds, bonds, and mutual funds in one place.
The Interested Applicants can visit your preferred Depository Participant’s official website and Apply for the DMAT Account Online.
- 1 Open Trading Account Online
- 1.1 How to Open Trading Account (DEMAT) Online on Zerodha
- 1.2 Step by Step Procedure to Apply Online on a DEMAT Account
- 1.3 IPOs in India
- 1.4 IPOs Listed in 2021
- 1.5 Quick Links
Open Trading Account Online
This article explains the procedure to open a DEMAT account online, apply for the account, and start investing in Stocks, IPOs in India, and step-by-step Guide 2021.
How to Open Trading Account (DEMAT) Online on Zerodha
Let us see the step-by-step process to apply online for Open Trading Account (DEMAT).
- Visit the Official Website of Zerodha.
- It takes the online user to the Home Page Below.
- Entre the Phone Number and Click on Signup Now Button.
- It then generates the OTP to your Registered Mobile Number.
- Copy the OTP from your Mobile Number and Enter it in the respective field.
- Enter the Name and Email Number on the newly opened page.
- It then opens up the next page where the online users should enter the details like PAN and make the payment.
- After the payment process, the applicants can finish the DMAT Account Creation Process on Zerodha.
Step by Step Procedure to Apply Online on a DEMAT Account
Let us see the procedure to apply for a DEMAT Account Online on the official portal.
- To Open A DEMAT Trading Account the Applicant has to Visit the Official Portal of the Depository Participant
- Enter the Aadhar number and Select the Right Broker of your choice.
- The Candidate has to fill in the Required fields with details like Name, Mobile Number, and Email id.
- The Person has to Set a unique password of their choice, and the password should remain confidential.
- With the help of a password, the User can continue the online application.
- Next, The Applicant needs to enter the Pan Card details.
- The broker will fetch the details of the Candidate from a government-authorized site to know whether they are KRA register or not.
- Now the Applicant has to pay the Account Opening Charges by entering the Debit/Credit Card details or Net Banking.
- The User has to create the Digi locker to Upload the necessary documents.
- Fill in your personal information, including name, mother’s name, bank account number, and trading experience, to complete the KYC Details.
- The User needs to upload the financial documents securely, including a canceled cheque, bank statement, income proof, signature copy, and PAN card copy.
- The Applicant will receive OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile number and Email id.
- Enter the OTP and Sign in to the Account
- It will take about a week or two for the welcome kit to reach you, depending on different company policies
- A DEMAT Trading account can be opened with zero balance in your account.
- There is no compulsion to maintain a minimum balance either.
- The Applicant has to add a nominee while applying for a DEMAT account.
- After opening the account, the Depository Participant will assign a beneficial owner identification number that will be needed for all future transactions.
IPOs in India
Let us see the complete details of the IPOs in India as follows.
- There are at least 15 companies that went public in 2020
- More than Rs 25,000 crores were raised from the IPOs.
- Some IPOs like Happiest Minds, Chemcon Specialty, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, Burger King, and Mrs. Bectors’ were subscribed more than 149 times.
- Mrs. Bectors signed off the year by being the highest subscribed IPO, 198 times.
- This year, at least 30 companies are expected to launch their IPOs.
IPOs Listed in 2021
Let us see the IPOs listed companies in 2021 here under.
- Indigo Paints
- Stove Kraft
- Brookfield Reit
- Easy trip Planners(Ease my trip)
- Anupam Rasayan
- Laxmi Organic
- Craftsman Automation
- Kalyan Jewellers
- Nazara Tech
- Suryoday small finance bank
Upcoming IPOs in 2021
Let us see the list of upcoming IPOs given below.
- Bajaj Energy
- Studds Accessories
- Barbecue Nation
- Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels
- Shyam Steel
- Annai Infra Developers
Note: The list mentioned above of prospective IPOs is subject to periodic revision as the information is not updated on the exchanges yet.
Step by Step Procedure to Start Investing in Stocks with Trading Account(DEMAT)
Let us see the procedure to start investing in stocks for trade With the Trading Account.
- If the User wants to buy the shares, they need to inform the broker.
- The shares bought by the Applicant will be credited into the account by the Depository Participant.
- The User can also use the trading account linked to the DEMAT account to buy and sell shares online.
- The Depository Participant will provide the required periodic statements of transactions to the Users of the Account.
Trading Account (DEMAT) Online FAQs
What is the facility providing by the Trading Account(DEMAT)?
A DEMAT Account or Dematerialized Account provides the facility of holding shares and securities in an electronic format.
How much Amount is raised from the Companies from the IPOs?
There are approximately more than 25000 crores has been raised from the IPOs Companies.
Are there any charges to open a Trading account(DEMAT)?
Yes, The charges are applied for opening and maintaining a DEMAT account to the User.
Is it necessary to have a bank account to create a DEMAT account?
Yes, it is compulsory to have a bank account to create a DEMAT Trading Account.