Gorewada Zoo Nagpur is India’s most well-known national zoological reserve, and it is open to the public. It was built with the cooperation of renowned international experts and is situated within Nagpur’s city limits. Balasaheb Thackeray Zoo is another name for Gorewada Zoo, in honour of Balasaheb Thackeray. This zoo is enormous, comprising 900 hectares and is hence known as Maharashtra’s largest zoo! It’s also the nation’s first leopard safari, allowing guests to get intimate with these majestic big beasts. It is around 8 kilometres from Nagpur’s city centre. The three best things to do in Nagpur’s Gorewada Zoo are a Zoo Safari, a Jungle Excursion, and visiting the Bio-Diversity Park. Gorewada Zoo’s name has lately been amended to Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park in Nagpur.
Gorewada zoo Ticket booking
The zoo was closed down as the pandemic swept through the nation, however, as the lockdowns got lifted, the zoo was open to the public. Everyone will now be able to experience the Gorewada Zoo now that it has resumed operations for tourists.
Senior citizens and kids under ten would not be permitted to enter the Zoo owning to strict regulations in place after the lockdown, and Jungle Safari will be limited to four persons per vehicle, according to the authorities at Gorewada. Gorewada Zoo Jungle Safari reservations are also made online to avoid clutter at ticket counters. Each vehicle will be accompanied by a supervisor; according to the Gorewada administration and visitors would not be allowed to go on a forest safari without one. Gorewada Park is no longer accessible during the night, as it formerly was. If users are looking to book spots at the zoo, users will need to get tickets from the maheecotourism portal. This post will go over the complete online ticket booking process for Gorewada Zoo Jungle Safari from the maheecotourism portal.
Instructions for visitors
The Gorewada Zoo has visiting guidelines that must be adhered to by all visitors.
- The zoo does not allow visitors to enter unless they are wearing a face mask.
- The zoo does not allow children or the elderly to attend due to the pandemic.
- A safari vehicle must have at least four persons in it.
- Without a ticket, no one is allowed to enter the zoo.
- Visitors can avail of online tickets from the maheecotourism portal.
How to book tickets online for Gorewada Zoo?
Below mentioned are the complete steps to book online tickets for the Gorewada Zoo in Nagpur. Follow the below mentioned steps and book tickets online for your next visit to the zoo.
- Head on to the official website of Maha Eco tourism to start with the online ticket booking process.
- On the home page, navigate to the left hand menu and find the option for “Book Now”.
- Once selected, users will be redirected to the ticket booking page on the portal. The next page will prompt users with the guidelines for visiting the zoo. Click on accept to begin ticket booking.
- On the next page, select the park which you want to visit. Choose “Gorewada Jungle Drive” as your option. Next choose the date of your visit.
- Once the date and location has been selected, users will be greeted with a timetable for the visit. Choose the one that best suits your requirements.
- Users will now be redirected to the details page, where they need to put in the travel plans like vehicle type. Once the vehicle type has been selected, users will need to put in visitor details like name, Identity cards, age etc.
- Scroll down and fill in your address details, solve the captcha and agree to the declaration prompt.
- Once done, click on the option for “Save and Pay”. Complete the payment using any preferred mode of payment and ensure to print of a copy of the ticket for the day of your visit for a hassle free entry.
Important points to keep in mind for your next visit to the Gorewada zoo
- All guests to the Gorewada Zoo will be required to wear face masks and face shields.
- The Zoo Administration will conduct a thermal screening of all visitors at the Zoo’s main gate.
- The admission ticket will cost Rs. 550/-, of which Rs. 200/- will cover guide fees and Rs. 350/- will cover the admission ticket for each vehicle.
- if you purchase your tickets online at the mahaecotourism portal, the cost per ticket will be Rs. 520.
- The zoo will be open from 6 to 10 in the morning and from 2.30 to 6 in the evening.
- Only one individual may apply for a car, and if they reserve more than one, they will not receive a refund. To minimise excessive delays at the gate, book only one car.