In a row of announcing different schemes to the students, the Karnataka State Government announced the Freeship Card Scheme. The main objective is to allow the SC community students to receive the post-matric scholarships without delay on time from this academic year. Through this article, we will let you walkthrough through the Freeship Card Scheme of the Karnataka state.
Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka
This article explains the complete details about the Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka, Features and Benefits of scheme, Step by Step Guide to Apply Online for the scheme, Procedure for the Online Registration Form, Eligibility Criteria on the SSP Scholarship Portal Karnataka.
Features of Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka
Let us see the features of the Freeship Card Scheme of the Karnataka state online.
- The main objective of the scheme is to overcome the delay in crediting the post-matric scholarship for the Sheduled Caste students in the Karnataka State.
- This card acts as a government guarantee to educational institutions on payment of fees and has directed the educational institutions not to insist students on paying the fee.
- The social welfare department will conduct a campaign to clear all pending applications about post-matric and pre-matric scholarships.
- The prize money for those who clear the courses in their first attempt in first class, and incentive for inter-caste marriages until November 17 across the state.
- In Dakshina Kannada, the campaign will be held throughout the month, Siddalingesh said. Besides, He said awareness would also be created on applying for scholarships as well. In case of necessity, the department will hold camps in colleges to help students apply for scholarships.
- Under prize money for the students who have passed in the first attempt, a total of 1,049 have been received in Dakshina Kannada, of which 121 have been rejected as the students had failed to clear one of the subjects in one of the semesters of the programme. Already, 552 applications have been cleared, and 376 are pending.
- Under the scheme, SSLC students, who have secured 60 per cent to 75 per cent marks, will get Rs 7,000, while those who have secured above 75 per cent marks will get Rs 15,000.
- While PUC students will get Rs 20,000, degree students will get Rs 25,000, PG students will get Rs 30,000, and those who have completed professional courses will get Rs 35,000, he explained.
Benefits of the Freeship Scholarship Card
Let us see the benefits of the Freeship Scholarship Card dedicated for Scheduled Caste students of the Karnataka State.
- This card benefits the students who belong to the SC communities to avail of the timely scholarship in the Karnataka state.
- It acts as an e-authentication for the students seeking admissions into colleges.
- It also acts as proof of eligibility for the scholarship.
- It prevents the colleges from insisting on the students to pay the college fees.
- The freeship card will not be a hard copy but an e-document that can be downloaded and printed.
Please Visit Our Articles
Karnataka Freeship Card 2024: Eligibility Criteria
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant candidate of the Freeship Card should fulfil.
- Applicants should be permanent residents of the Karnataka state to get eligible for the scheme.
- The students studying the Post Matric are eligible to apply for the Karnataka Freeship Cards.
- All the underprivileged Scheduled Castes students can apply for the Freeship cards.
DO READ : Karnataka Government Schemes 2024
How to Apply Online for Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka
Let us see step by step guide to apply online for Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka Portal.
- Please go and visit the SSP Post Matric Karnataka Portal.
- It lands the online users on the Home Page below.
- Click on Click Here to Login to SSP Student Account (For the students who have already created an account in SSP)
- It then takes the online users to the Login Page.
- Enter the Student Login, Password, and Captcha Code.
- Click on the Student Login button.
- It then redirects the online users to the following page.
- Click on the Freeship Card.
- On the newly opened page, Enter the Student ID and Click on the View button.
- Enter the SSLC Registration Number, Year and click on GET DATA.
- Enter the SSLC Registration Number, Student Name (As per SSLC), Father Name (As per SSLC), Mother Name (As per SSLC) and Passing Year.
- Enter the Home District, Home Taluk, and Home Address.
- Verify all the details and click on the Apply button.
- Now, click on the Download Freeship Card.
- It then displays the Freeship Card on the newly opened page.
- On the Freeship Card, you can find out the details like Card Number, Name of the Student, Student ID, Father Name/ Mother Name, Aadhar Card Number, Caste Category, Date of Birth, Annual Family Income, Domicile State, and Address of the Student.
- The applicants can also download and print the Freeship Card.
All the interested applicants can visit the Official Portal of SSP Karnataka Portal and apply for the Freeship Cards online.
FAQs on Freeship Card Scheme Karnataka
What is the main objective of implementing the Freeship Card Scheme in Karnataka?
Can I download and print the Post-Matric Scholarship Freeship Card online on the official portal?
What essential details should I enter on the portal to get logged into the official portal of the SSP Scholarship Portal?
Who are eligible for the SSP Freeship Cards introduced by the Karnataka state?
Last Updated on November 25, 2023 by Vaibhav Tiwari