Finding the number of sims (or mobile numbers) registered on your name or ID is an important security measure. As you are aware, the Aadhaar card is the main ID card that is accepted for issuing a new mobile number. It has been seen that many people are misusing other person’s ID details to buy SIM cards. This is a security threat and had to be addressed. Recently telecom department has started an online facility to find out the number of sim connections is registered in any person’s name.
It is a well-known fact that the government has announced that it will allow a maximum of 9 SIMs in a single person’s name. However, there are many instances where fraudsters use more than nine sims in the name of a single customer. Therefore, it has become a major concern for everyone. Moreover, it has become a tedious task to detect such fraudulent activities. Thus the government has initiated TAF COP Portal to prevent such acts against the citizens. Through this initiation, the mobile users can know the number of SIMs operating on their names and take necessary action after identifying.
- 1 TAF COP Portal to Find Mobile Numbers Registered on your Name
- 1.1 How to Track the Number of SIM Cards (Mobile Numbers) on your Name and ID
- 1.2 Find & Report Unknown Mobile Numbers on your Name, ID Online
- 1.3 What is the full form of TAF COP concerning the following article?
- 1.4 What is the main objective of the TAF COP Portal?
- 1.5 How many SIMs the customer is eligible to take on his/her name according to the TRAI guidelines?
- 1.6 What are the prerequisites for finding the number of SIMs on my name on the TAF COP Portal?
TAF COP Portal to Find Mobile Numbers Registered on your Name
TAF COP Portal– Telecom Analytics for fraud management & consumer protection
This article explains the online process to find the Number of SIMs on your Name & ID, Check usage status on the official portal.
Features of TAF COP Portal
Let us see the features of the TAF COP Portal as shown below.
- The portal intimates that subscribers have more than nine multiple connections in their name through an SMS.
- The Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name can report to the concerned authority using the portal.
- The applicants also have access to check the status to log in with your number and enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the “Request Status” box.
Benefits of the TAF COP Portal
Let us find the benefits associated with the TAF COP Portal initiated by the Telecom Authority in India.
- The TAF COP Portal is used to discard the SIMs that are operating under your name.
- The customers can easily find out the number of SIMs using the Mobile Number and OTP.
- Moreover, the applicant can report the complaint to the concerned authority if he/she finds anyone using the SIMs under his/her name.
- He/she can also track the status of his/her complaint on the portal using the tracking id.
How to Track the Number of SIM Cards (Mobile Numbers) on your Name and ID
Let us see the procedure to track the number of SIMs on your name and mobile number using the TAF COP Portal.
- Visit the Official Portal of TAF COP.
- It lands the applicant on the Home Page below.
- Enter Your Mobile Number on the Screen, as shown below.
- Click on the Request OTP.
- Enter the OTP Generated to your Registered Mobile Number in the given field.
- Click on the Validate Button.
- It then redirects the online user to the following page below.
Find & Report Unknown Mobile Numbers on your Name, ID Online
(continued from above)
- You may choose to select the numbers, not in your name or not required and submit your Report.
- If you have reported the false usage of your SIM, you can check the status of your complaint by using the tracking id generated to your mobile.
- If you feel there are no extra numbers on your name, you can log out from the portal.
TAF COP Portal FAQs
What is the full form of TAF COP concerning the following article?
The full form of the TAF COP is Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection Portal concerning the following portal.
What is the main objective of the TAF COP Portal?
The main objective of the TAF COP Portal is to avoid the excess SIMs used by the fraudsters through the online complaint system.
How many SIMs the customer is eligible to take on his/her name according to the TRAI guidelines?
According to the TRAI guidelines, the customers can take around 9 SIMs on their names, and exceeding the limit is unacceptable.
What are the prerequisites for finding the number of SIMs on my name on the TAF COP Portal?
The customers should have their concerned mobile number to find the number of SIMs operation under their name on the TAF COP Portal.