Complete Details about FASTag Electronic Toll Collection 2021,Check Status, Price (SBI,PNB,ICICI,HDFC) All Banks
Latest Update : According to the statement form Ministry of National Highways, it was known that almost 80% of the Vehicles have already been registered for FASTag Services. The government has also mentioned that the 100% Toll collection will be from the FASTag and no manual payments will be encouraged after the deadline.
The Government of India has announced in the recent past that it will make the Fastag mandatory for all vehicles in the country. The Fastag E-Toll Collection initiation’s main objective is to reduce vehicles’ flow at the toll gates by making the payments digital. The Government also claimed that the cars will no longer need to wait at the toll gates for payments. Moreover, Fastag is a simple service where the citizens can recharge it like a prepaid mobile or DTH.
The interested applicants can visit the official portal fastag.org and apply for the Fastag online.
FASTag | How to Apply Online & Get One
This article explains the online procedure to apply for the Fastag e-Toll Payments Online, Features, Benefits, and Recharge Services available online.
Benefits of FASTag E-Toll Collection
Let us see the benefits of the Fastag Program introduced by the Indian Government to reduce the flow of vehicles at the toll plazas.
- Saves Time and Fuel: Attaching the Fastags to the vehicles will save a lot of time and fuel for commuting vehicles. Moreover, the cars no need to wait for long hours at toll gates.
- Online Recharge Facility: The vehicle owners can recharge their tag account online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or Net Banking.
- Cashless Transactions: The commuters can make 100% cashless transactions using the Fastag.
- Dedicated Web Portal: The citizens can avail themselves of all the services related to the Fastag Electronic Toll Payments.
- Transparency: It ensures complete transparency in providing toll services across the nation.
“It has been mentioned by the government that the toll collection has reached 100 Crore Mark per day across the country.“
Features of the FASTag Toll Payments Online
Let us see the features and the highlights of the E-Toll collection by the National Roads and Highways Ministry of India.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that the FASTag is being made mandatory for all vehicles in India from 1 January 2021. However, later he has extended it to 15 February 2021.
- The Fastag is a computer-readable tag that gets scanned by the scanning device. The amount will get automatically gets deducted from the account.
- The vehicle owners can recharge the wallet to pay the toll fee.
- Fastag also facilitates the users to avail of the discount facility on recharge.
- The validity of the Fast Tag will be five years from the date of registration.
- Vehicle owners will get the SMS Alerts regarding the toll collection.
- As a pilot project, the services will start around 180 toll plazas, and it will spread across the other toll plazas soon.
- Fastag has a one-time fee of Rupees 200. However, it depends on the type of vehicle used by the commuter.
- The customers can avail of the recharge of a minimum of Rupees 100 in their accounts.
“FASTags are available on all the major platforms like Paytm, Snapdeal, Amazon etc.“
FASTag Fee | Price to Get Fastag Card (SBI,PNB,ICICI,HDFC)
- As discussed earlier, the FASTag Services have been providing by almost all the banks across the nation. The interested applicants can visit the online banking portals of the concerned banks and apply for Fastag Services Online.
- The Fast Tag Services will be rendered by all the listed banks across the country. The minimum price of the Fastag offered by all the banks is minimum of Rupees 500. For Example, HDFC is collecting Rupee 400 Plus 100 Issuance Charges.
- All the other banks like SBI, PNB, ICICI are also charging equally the same price for the Fastags. However, there will be difference in service and other charges.
Step by Step Guide to Apply for FASTag Online | Get New Fastag
Let us see the step by step guide to apply for the fastag online on the official website. This procedure is for the applicants who wish to apply for the Fastag for their vehicles.
- Visit the Official Portal of Fastag.
- It takes the online user to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Apply Online Link on the following page.
- It then redirects the online user to the below page.
- Click on the Click Here Link on the web page.
- It then takes the applicant to the below page.
- Click on the tab: New Customer – Apply Now.
“All the 615-odd toll plazas of NHAI and in addition 100 toll plazas of state highways have adopted FASTags for toll collection. The number will increase gradually.“
- It opens up the online registration form, as shown below.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Mother’s Maiden Name, Gender, and Date of Birth.
- Enter Mobile Number and Email ID.
“If you reside within 10 km of the toll plaza, you need to submit residence proof to get a FASTag and avail of concession.“
- The system generates the OTP to the registered mobile number. Copy the OTP, and enter in the respective field.
- Select the ID Proof and Upload the Scanned Copy of ID Proof.
- Verify all the details and click on the Continue button.
“The online users should login in to FASTag portal with user ID or wallet ID and password after which they will get option of ‘payment and topup’. The applicants then should click on ‘Recharge’ and then select the wallet id where he/she wants to add money.”
- In the Address Details Section, Enter Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, Pin Code, State.
- Under the Vehicle Details, Enter/Select Registration Number, Make, and Model.
- Also, upload the RC Copy as shown in the form.
- Verify all the details and click on the continue button.
- On the right side, the candidates can observe the tag details.
- The candidate should carry out the other formalities like payment on the next page and confirm the application process.
- It then shows the receipt and acknowledgment on the next.
- The applicants can take a print out and keep it safe for future references.
Note: The above-shown procedure is for the customers of ICICI. However, if the applicant wants to apply for other banks, he/she should visit the respective bank portal.
How to Apply for FASTag through Paytm @ paytm.com/fastag
Let us see the online procedure to apply for the Fastag through Paytm.
- Visit the Official Portal of Paytm.com.
- It takes the online user to the Home Page.
- Click on the Fastag from the dropdown of the Home Page.
- It then redirects the online user to the Paytm Fastag Page.
- On the opened form, enter the Vehicle Registration Number.
- The applicants will then have to upload the front and back photos of the Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Please do remember the size of the file should not be more than 2 MB.
- Click on Buy for Rupees 500.
- The user should sign in to their Paytm accounts with the registered Paytm mobile number or Email ID and Password.
- After the successful verification of the documents, the applicants will be issued with a paytm Fastag.
- The tag will reach the user address a few days after the application process.
Recharge FASTag Wallet Online
The vehicle users can recharge their wallets online on the portal fastag.org each time after the wallet amount gets exhausted.
“A FASTag is valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issuance. The recharge that you do for the FASTag account does not have any validity and can remain active in the wallet for the entire duration of the FASTag validity“
Fastag E-Toll Collection 2021 FAQ’s
Is it mandatory to affix the Fastag E-Toll Stickers to all the registered vehicles?
Yes, it mandatory for all the vehicles to affix the Fastags on their cars.
What is the main objective of the Fastag Electronic Toll Collection Program 2021?
The Fastag E-Toll Collection initiation’s main objective is to reduce vehicles’ flow at the toll gates by making the payments digital.
What is the last date for applying for the Fastag Online for the citizens?
As announced by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, the last date is extended till 15 February 2021.
What is the minimum amount that an applicant should recharge on their Fastag wallets?
The candidates should recharge their wallets with a minimum of Rupees 100 in their accounts.