ESIC E Challan payment is a great facility. Employers can login to their account, generate the challan and complete the payment almost instantly.
ESIC stands for Employee’s State Insurance Corporation, the body behind the ESI insurance scheme.
Thanks to various online services offered at ESIC Portal, now you can easily generate e challan, make an online payment and download the receipt.
In this article, you will know everything in detail. From ESIC Online challan generation to monthly payment and receipt download, every detail is covered in respective sections. Let’s get started right away.
ESIC Online Payment
|Organization||Employee’s State Insurance Corporation ESIC|
|Topic||Challan Generation, Online Payment & Receipt Retrieval|
|How to take benefit||Registered Employers and Employees|
Under the ESIC scheme, the concerned organization needs to complete the payment every month. Once the contribution is made from the organization’s end, the relevant contribution is done by the government under this scheme.
Due to technological advancements, most of the work that needs to do at the office earlier can now be done online. This includes challan generation and online monthly payment.
The ESIC payment needs to be completed Before the 15th of every month. Otherwise, interest and late penalty will be levied.
Before you can make the payment online, the monthly challan generation is extremely important. Without generating the challan, you won’t be able to complete the Online payment.
ESIC Login for Online Challan Payment
The registered ESIC employer can log in to the ESIC account and handle all tasks related to insured persons (employees). This involves Challan generation, Online payment and receipt download. Here are the steps:
Generate ESIC Challan Online
- Go to the official ESIC Website
- Click on “Click here to log in”
- Enter your username, password and captcha code to continue
- After successful login, you will be redirected to the dashboard
- Under the monthly contributions section, click on “File Monthly Contribution.”
- On the next page, select the month and year
- Select the Contribution details type as “monthly.”
- In the next section, enter your Employer Code number
- Then you need to upload your data using an Excel file
- Download the sample excel file to understand the format and fill it accordingly
- Once you fill out the details correctly, click on “Upload Excel.”
- Upload the prepared excel file and click on “Submit” to proceed
- Once your file is uploaded, the system will automatically make the calculation
- If you are sure that the data is correct, click on “Data verified” and then click on “Submit” to proceed
- You will see a message on the screen “Monthly contribution upload successful”, Click on “ok” to proceed
- Generating Challans
- Now, click on “Generate Challan.”
- Click on “View”
- Select the file you just uploaded
- Enter the amount manually
- Select the “online payment” option and click on “Submit” to proceed
- Now, your challan number is generated, and it will appear on the screen.
- You can go ahead and complete the payment from this page or do it later on using the steps given below.
How to Make ESIC Online Monthly Payment
- Go esic.in
- It only opens on Mozilla and internet explorer.
- Click on Pay “e Challan.”
- On the next page, enter the Employee code and captcha code.
- Then click on “Search.”
- After a search, you will see a Challan Number, Amount and Challan period
- Click on the Challan number to proceed
- On the next page, select the bank from which you want to pay
- Once you select the bank, click on the “Make Payment” option
- Complete the payment process on your bank page, and you are done.
How to Download ESIC Payment Receipt
After you have successfully completed the payment, you may want to download or print the receipt for future reference.
- Go to ESIC Website
- Click on “Login” to proceed
- Enter your username and password
- After successful login, you will be taken to the dashboard
- Click on the “Modify Challan” button
- Enter the month and date of the challan you generated, and then click “View.”
- Now go back to your previous page and click “Online Challan Double verification.”
- There, paste the challan number and click on “Submit.”
- Now you can get complete challan payment information like Transaction Status, Employer code, Challan period, Challan amount, challan created date, Challan submitted date, Amount paid and transaction number
- Finally, click on the print option to print it or even download it as a pdf file
|Compatible Browsers||Internet Explorer and Firefox|
|ESIC Payment Login||Login Now|
Related Questions and Answers:
What happens if the ESIC payment contribution is not made on time?
If you didn’t pay the ESIC payment on time, an interest of 12% would be levied. So make sure the payment is done timely.
What is the monthly payment deadline?
The deadline is the 15th of every month. Make sure you make the online payment before the due date.
What is the most important step in the process of online payment?
Challan generation can be considered the most important step because without generating the challan, you can’t make the online payment.
How to get the payment receipt or acknowledgement?
After completing the online payment, you can go to the “Double Challan Verification” section to get the payment receipt.
Last Updated on December 5, 2022 by Vaibhav Tiwari