Step by Step Guide to Apply and Download Digital Voter ID Card (EPIC), Features, and Benefits of e-Voter ID Card
UPDATE : Recently (on 25th January), Digital Voter ID cards programme is launched. This Digital voter id card scheme is also called as e-epic programme.
The Voter ID Card is the most important document for the citizens to cast their vote in the Assembly/Parliamentary/Panchayat/other elections. It looks like a size of credit/debit card which fits into a valet. Now, it is all set to change the manual voter ids into digital or Electronic Voter ID Cards (EPIC). If this project gets implemented, the citizens are no need to carry their voter cards in wallet. Moreover, the individuals can simply carry their E-Voter Cards online in their mobiles. All the details of the citizen will get stored on their mobiles which is easily downloadable. It reduces the misplace and theft of voter id card in the near future.
The interested applicants can visit the official website and apply for the voter id cards online on the designated web portal.
- 1 Digital Voter ID Card (EPIC)
- 1.1 Features of the E-Voter ID Cards
- 1.2 Benefits of Digital Voter ID Cards
- 1.3 ECI Voter Portal New User Registration
- 1.4 How to Apply Electronic/Digital Voter ID Card or E-EPIC
- 1.5 How to Download Digital Voter ID Card (E-Epic) PDF
- 1.6 Quick Links
- 1.6.1 E-Voter ID Cards (EPIC) FAQ’s
- 1.6.2 What is the tentative date of the launch of the Digital Voter ID Cards in India?
- 1.6.3 Do the applicants are required to take the print outs of Voter ID Cards at time of elections?
- 1.6.4 Are both the Digital Voter ID and Standard Voter Card same?
- 1.6.5 How to carry my digital voter id card at the time of casting my vote in the elections?
Digital Voter ID Card (EPIC)
This article explains the online procedure to apply for the Digital Voter ID Card, Features and Benefits of the e-Voter ID Cards of the Indian Government.
‘The Digital Voter ID card scheme is launched on 25th January 2021. As per this programme, Digital Voter ID Card facility will be given to interested voters. One can download the Digital version of Voter ID card (EPIC) and use it as their ID proof.
Features of the E-Voter ID Cards
Let us look at features of the digital voter id cards that the government has launched in India.
- The Election Commission (EC) has launched a Digital Voter ID (EPIC) Cards to ease the process of the carrying the voter cards.
- The candidates will be able to carry their voter cards on their mobiles in the electronic form.
- Digital Voter IDs consists of all the details such as Name of the Voter, Voter ID Number, Polling Station and other details as similar to the manual voter cards.
- The Electronic Voter ID is different from the Manual Voter ID Card because it is available in PDF Document Form that can be downloaded in a mobile or computer.
- The soft copy also contains a QR code that will carry the voter’s enrolment details such as name and date of birth and address.
- Moreover, this initiation will save a lot of cost to the election commission in printing and distributing the Voter ID Cards.
- As per the new from information sources, the digital voter cards may come up for consideration before the next set of Assembly elections next year.
- However, West Bengal, Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry will vote in early summer 2021.
Benefits of Digital Voter ID Cards
Let us have a look at the benefits of the yet to be launched Digital Voter ID Cards as shown below.
- The digital voter cards are in electronic form and can be carried easily to anywhere and everywhere.
- It mitigates the fear of lost, misplace, and theft of the Voter ID Cards.
- The digital initiation will benefit the Election Commission by making the cost of printing the manual id cards to zero.
- The applicants are not required to visit any government offices or undergo long online application process to apply for the voter cards.
- It saves the time and energy of both the citizens and the government officials.
- The digital id cards can be easily downloaded and carried in digital form.
What is ECI Voter Portal
The Election commission of India has started a website for all the voters of India. This portal known as ECI Voter portal offers various online services to the voters.The services include : Applying for new Voter ID/Epic Card, Making correction to voter ID details, Voter ID Replacement, Deletion of Voter ID, Download E-Epic Card, Lodging complaints and checking application status.
ECI Voter Portal New User Registration
Before you could use the online services at the ECI Voter portal, you need to complete the online registration process. In this section, we are explaining the user registration process. Kindly follow:
- First of all visit the official ECI Voter Portal @ https://voterportal.eci.gov.in
- Click on the “Create an account” option
- You can register using your email ID OR Mobile Number
- For example sake, we are registering using email account
- Once you enter your email ID for registration, you will get an email in your email account
- Use the email to set password to your account
- Once you have set the password, you will see the welcome message
- Click on “Welcome” button to proceed & Complete your profile by providing required details i.e. Name, State, Gender.
- Then you will be taken to Dashboard, where you can get various services related to e-epic
You have successfully completed the user registration process.
How to Apply Electronic/Digital Voter ID Card or E-EPIC
Let us see the procedure to apply for the electronic voter id cards online on the portal.
- If you have not applied for Voter ID Card (EPIC) till now, click on the “New Voter Registration” link in the dashboard
- Click on “Let’s Start” to start the new voter registration process
- Then follow the procedure to fill the new voter application online form
- Once done, you will be able to check the status of your application and once application is processed, you will be able to download e-epic card online.
Online Voter ID Card Correction
- If you already have Voter ID Card or EPIC Card and you want to make changes to it, you need to utilize the “correction in voter id” option in the dashboard.
- Then, follow the procedure mentioned to make correction.
How to Download Digital Voter ID Card (E-Epic) PDF
In order to download the Digital copy of your voter ID or E-epic, kindly follow this process:
- Login to your account on the ECI Voter Portal
- Then, once in the dashboard, use the option that says “Download e-epic”
- Then, follow the on screen options to download the e-epic as pdf file
Toll-Free Number : 1950
E-Voter ID Cards (EPIC) FAQ’s
What is the tentative date of the launch of the Digital Voter ID Cards in India?
The digital Voter ID scheme or E-Epic Programme is launched on 25th January 2021
Do the applicants are required to take the print outs of Voter ID Cards at time of elections?
No, citizens are not required to take a print out or a hard copy at the time of casting their vote in the elections. The citizens can simply carry soft copy of the voter card.
Are both the Digital Voter ID and Standard Voter Card same?
No, the digital voter id card and manual voter card are not same. The digital voter is available in electronic format and the manual voter card is available in form of hard copy.
How to carry my digital voter id card at the time of casting my vote in the elections?
The voters can simply carry their digital voter cards in electronic format on their mobiles and cast their votes.