The CT Value is nothing but the viral load in the patient’s body that concludes the severity of the virus in the patient. In simple terms, the patient is confirmed as Covid 19 positive if the CT Value is less than 35 or treated a Covid Negative if the CT value is more than 35. It means the low the CT value, the high the chances of the virus attack. Moreover, the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) defined CT Value as the number of cycles needed to amplify viral RNA to reach a detectable level.
We explain the complete details of the CT Value in Covid 19 (Corona) Test Report and other information related to CT Value.
- 1 CT Value in Corona Test Report
CT Value in Corona Test Report
This article explains the CT Value’s details in Covid 19 (Corona) Test Reports, New Guidelines by ICMR on CT Value (Hindi/English) Notification PDF 2021.
Complete Details about the CT Value in Covid 19 Test Report
Let us see the complete details of the CT Value in the Corona Test Report.
- We are all aware that the result of the Corona Test is either positive or negative.
- Despite the result, one thing that plays an important role in the Covid 19 Test, i.e., the CT Value in the Report.
- The CT Value is defined as the Cycle Threshold (CT)Value.
- Once the test is completed, the Report is based on the CT Value.
- The CT value is nothing but the virus’s dosage present in the concerned patient with or without Covid Symptoms.
- The patient is treated as Positive if the CT Value is less than 35 in the RT-PCR Test and is treated as negative if the CT Value is more than 35 in the RT-PCR Test.
- Thus the patients with less CT Value are more prone to the Covid 19 Virus.
- Specimens with low CT values generally have more viral RNA than those with higher values, suggesting the severity of the Covid 19 Infection.
- However, the CT Values have some limitations in detecting the severity of the disease.
- The CT Value may change based on various factors like the specimen collected, source, transportation process, and several other factors.
- However, almost all the pathological labs are not giving the proper attention to the CT Values due to the lack of standardization across tests.
Latest Guidelines By ICMR on CT Value Official Notification PDF 2021
Let us see the latest guidelines issued by the ICMR on the Cycle Threshold (CT) Value in its official notification in the English Language.
- As discussed above, the ICMR has released some guidelines concerning the CT Values in its official notification.
- Click Here to download the guidelines set by ICMR on CT Value in its official notification.
How to download RT PCR test report online
Let us see the online procedure to download the RT PCR Test Report Online, as shown below.
- Visit the Official Portal of RT PCR.
- It takes the online applicant to the home page below.
- Enter the User ID, Password, and Captcha Code.
- The applicants can then download all the relevant RT PCR Test Reports.
Latest News and Updates on CT Value
- As explained in the article, the low city value means the more the risk of the Covid 19.
- In the similar connection, Maharashtra Government has recently approached the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to reduce the threshold ct value cut-off from 35 to 24 for positivity rate under RT-PCR Test.
- However, the ICMR has rejected its request to reduce the CT Value.
CT Value of Covid 19 (Corona) Test Report FAQs
What is the full form of CT Value concerning the following article CT Value of Covid 19?
The full form of CT Value is Cycle Threshold Value concerning the following article CT Value of Covid 19.
What does the low CT Value in the Corona Test Report indicate?
The low CT Value in the Corona Test Report indicates the Covid 19, and any value less than 35 indicates Corona Positive.
Are there any limitations on the CT Value of the Corona Test Report?
Yes, the CT value has several limitations like sample collected, transportation, source and other factors.
What was the request that was put forth by the Maharashtra Government in front of the ICMR?
The Maharashtra State Government has requested the ICMR to decrease the CT Value from 35 to 24. However, the ICMR has rejected the request of the government.