Understand What is the CSD Car Purchase Eligibility criteria, New Rules 2022 & View List of All Four Wheelers available in CSD (pdf)
As per a report, there are more than 5000 canteen stores in India. Car is one of the most expensive products you can purchase through the CSD Canteen. Unlike goods available at the CSD canteen, cars are usually brought through authorized car dealerships. The buying and payment processes are not the same as other items. The payment system goes through the CSD car cell unit, and the prices are offered to users after a 50% rebate and discount on GST.
CSD Car Purchase Eligibility, Rules 2022
Many people want to purchase cars from the CSD canteen, but they are unaware of the process. This section will help you understand the entire process in detail.
Eligibility criteria for to be a CSD beneficiary
The candidate should belong to
- Indian Army
- Air Force
- Any defense sector personnel on the payroll of the Government of India are eligible to purchase cars through CSD.
- Widows of defense officers, parents of deceased officers who lost their lives while serving the country are also eligible for the purchase.
All officers on commissions, veterans, can purchase cars irrespective of their ranks. Officers can also get financing options from a private bank or a nationalized bank.
CSD Car Purchase Eligibility 2022 Explained
If you want to purchase cars as per the scheme, you can check the following csd car purchase eligibility criteria
Officers (including the retired officers)
- Can purchase cars up to 3000 cc
- Purchases can be made once in four years.
JCOs granted honorary commission (including retired personnel)
- The car can be up to 2500 CC
- The purchase can be made once in seven years.
JCOs and equivalent
- You can make a car purchase of up to 2000 cc.
- Officers are eligible to purchase vehicles once while they are in service and once after retirement. The first car can be purchased only after completing ten years of service. In addition, the gap between the first purchase of the car and the second purchase should be at least ten years.
OR and equivalent
- Or and equivalent officers are eligible to purchase cars up to 1800 CC.
- They can purchase cars once during their service and once after their retirement. The gap between the purchase of two cars needs to be at least ten years.
Civilian officers of MoD (grade pay of Rs. 6000 and more)
- Can purchase cars up to 3000 CC.
- Cars can be purchased only once in four years from CSD.
CSD Online Car Booking for Eligibile Beneficiaries
The process of the booking will start once you register the CSD portal through the website www.afd.csdindia.gov.in.
You also need to fill all columns while registering at the portal.
- Fill in the basic requirement after filling the login and password section.
- Name and ID should be as per the canteen card available.
- The chip number is available on the back of the card. You will be asked to fill in the chip number.
- Fill in the mobile number that is valid. Don’t change the mobile number at least till the time you have purchased the car.
- Fill in the employment status section.
- Organization where you are serving (Army, Navy, Airforce, Coast guards, and other uniformed service and civilians are eligible to purchase the car)
- The next section will ask you about your date of birth and date of commission or appointment.
- In the next section, you will need to fill in information about your entitlement category or the pay scale.
- You will need to create your username and password at your discretion.
- Click on the submit button. Your application process will be completed, and you will get a confirmation message within two days of registration.
New List of Available Car Models 2022 for CSD Beneficiaries PDF
|Tata Punch Now Available At CSD Canteen. The new Tata Punch will be now retailed at Canteen Stores Department (CSD) outlets too. It has been priced between Rs 4.86 lakh – Rs 8.05 lakh, ex-showroom, for the armed personnels.|
Here is the latest list of car models available to eligible people:
CSD Car Booking Rules
- The Demand Draft to purchase the car should be in favour of the “Canteen Stores Department.”
- Once the application is submitted and the payment is made, the CSD depot will release different documents like a sale letter and supply order for the car.
- Registration and insurance payment needs to be done to the dealer and not the CSD depot.
- No payment for logistic charges needs to be done to the dealer.
- The price of the vehicle will be as per the market price at the time of delivery.
- No transactions can be done on Sundays and holidays.
So, keep the following points in mind if you are a eligible CSD Beneficiary.
Last Updated on December 20, 2021 by Vaibhav Tiwari