Cowin under 18 vaccination apply, online registration 2022, slot booking , All About 15-18 years Vaccination
On 25th December eve, PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation. In his speech, he told the nation that all arrangements to vaccinate children below the age of 18 are in place. Initially, children of age group 15-18 years will be vaccinated. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released an Official notification (guidelines) for the vaccination drive in India. There are lots of questions regarding vaccination for below 18 years in India. In this article, we have covered information regarding vaccination slot booking and official guidelines.
Vaccination for Under 18 India
The Indian government took commendable steps to vaccinate people of various groups. Vaccination for 18+ is going on at a good pace. The vaccination process for those below 18 was an important step. Many speculations were being made about this. Parents were worried about their children’s health in this pandemic time. Well, the good news is that the government is all set to vaccinate children below 18 years. In the first step, the 15-18 years age group will be vaccinated.
[bg_collapse view=”link” color=”#4a4949″ expand_text=”What’s Covered” collapse_text=”Close” ]COVID 19 Vaccination for 15 to 18 years, Under 18 vaccination in India, Under 18 vaccination registration, cowin under 18 vaccination apply online[/bg_collapse]
Here are some important takeaways from the recent vaccination-related guidelines (for under 18)
- COVID-19 Vaccination of children in the age group of 15-18 years starts from 3 January 2022.
- For 15-18 years beneficiaries, the vaccination option would be “Covaxin” only.
Below 18 years Children vaccination India – Eligibility criteria:
Currently 15-18 years age group will cover for vaccination
- Anybody whose age is more than 15 years (birth year should be 2007 or before)
- Eligible people need to self-register at the cowin portal.
- For vaccine dose, registered applicants need to book slots through cowin platform
Indian Govt’s Guidelines on COVID 19 Vaccine for “Under 18” Age Group
- Anyone aged 15 years or older may register on Co-WIN. In alternate worlds, anyone born in 2007 or earlier is eligible.
- Beneficiaries can self-register online using an existing Co-WIN account or by creating a new account using a unique cellphone number; this option is now available to all eligible people.
- In facilitated registration mode, such beneficiaries may also be registered on-site by the verifier/vaccinator.
- Appointments may be scheduled online or in-person (walk-in).
- Such recipients would have the option of vaccination solely for Covaxin.
Official Guidelines for Under 18 Vaccination India – PDF Document
Under 18 Vaccination Registration – How to Register on Cowin Platform
As mentioned before, it’s clearly specified in the guidelines, all the beneficiaries need to self-register on the cowin platform. Let’s understand the registration process:
There are various ways to get registered on the cowin platform. One can register on the cowin portal, cowin mobile app or you may use the third-party apps too, to get registered.
Cowin portal registration for Under 18
Total Time: 5 minutes
Head to the official website
The first step is to visit the official website of COWIN which is cowin.gov.in
Click on “Sign in/Register”
Now, click on the “Sign in/Register” button
Enter your mobile number
Now, you need to provide your mobile number and click on the “Get OTP” button
Enter OTP to proceed
Enter the received OTP and you will be successfully registered on the portal.
Register on Aarogya Setu – Step by Step Guide for Below 18 Age group
The first step is to download and install the app
- Once installed, open up the app
- On this app, you will see the “Cowin” option, click on it
- Click on “Vaccine Registration” Option
- Again, you will see the “Registration” option
- Click on it to start the registration process
- Enter your mobile number and provide the OTP to register on the platform
Vaccination Registration for Under 18 – Online Slot Booking on App/Portal
Once you have successfully registered on the cowin platform, the next step is to book your slot, so that you can actually get vaccinated. Here are the steps to book your slot.
Visit the Official Cowin Portal @cowin.gov.in
Now, login to your account by providing your mobile number
If you logged into your account first time, you need to register member
Enter the details of the member and click on “Register” Button
After successful addition of the member, you will see confirmation on the screen
Now added member will appear on the cowin dashboard
Corresponding to the member’s name, you will see an option “Schedule”
- Click on the “Schedule” option to start the slot booking process
- You have the option to look for vaccination center either by providing pin code or you can simply search by district
- You will able to see the available centers after providing the pin code or selecting by district
- Date Wise available vaccination slots will appear in “Green”
- Click on the “Green Number” to proceed
- Aftet that you are asked to choose the time slot for the vaccination appointment
- At last, click on “confirm” to confirm you slot and appointment
- This way you can successfully book your vaccination slot
Which vaccine will be administered to the below 18 age group in India?
They will be given “Covaxin”
Is there any specific reason for giving Covaxin only to the 15-18 age group?
Yes, because this is the only vaccine with a EUL for the age range 15-18.
When will the vaccination process start for those below 18?
From 3rd January 2022 onwards, the process will start.
Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Hindi Yojana Team