The Indian central government has ushered its Health Care facilities for the past six decades for the welfare of Central Government Employees and Pensioners who are enrolled under the Scheme. The CGHS impart various Plastic cards for the Beneficiaries to dispense Medical facilities under various categories. Currently, about 38.5 Lakh Beneficiaries are cover under the CGHS Health Scheme, and the government aspired to incorporate more cities to enhance Service accessibility. CGHS health care accomplished allopathic, Homoeopathic, the Indian system of medicine Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Yoga.
The interested applicants can visit the official portal and apply online for CGHS Yojana.
- 1 CGHS Scheme
- 1.1 How to Apply Online for CGHS Scheme
- 1.2 Central Government Health Scheme Online Application Form 2021
- 1.3 Importance of CGHS Card 2021 of cghs portal
This article explains the procedure to apply online for the CGHS Scheme, Registration form for plastic Health cards, Documents Required, the importance of CGHS cards, and dependency criteria.
How to Apply Online for CGHS Scheme
Let us see the steps to apply online for the CGHS card 2021 for the Beneficiaries.
- The card can be applied online by visiting CGHS official portal www.cghs.nic.in or CGHS website.
- In this instance, the provision for uploading the supporting documents is not available.
- After online submission of the application, the applicant is required to take a print out of the application and submit it with supporting documents (duly endorsed by the Head of the Department/Office in case of serving employees) in the office of the Additional Director HQ in Delhi or Additional Director in other cities.
Central Government Health Scheme Online Application Form 2021
Let us see the procedure to seek the Central Government Health Scheme for the Beneficiaries.
- Visit the Official Portal of the Central Government and enter the Home Page.
- On the Home page, Click on downloads that appear on the top of the screen.
- On the Next Page, the application forms for Plastic Cards will be opened.
- Click on the Application for New Plastic Card to open the PDF Application Form.
- In the Application Form, Tick the Options Application for New CGHS Scheme as shown Below.
- Enter the Applicant’s Name, Category, Name of department or Service, Designation, Scale of Pay, Present pay, Last pay, and Basic pension of the beneficiary.
- Next, Enter the official address and Residential Address of the Applicant.
- Enter the Telephone number, email id, and date of super Annulation of the candidate.
- Here, the beneficiary Has to select whether he is on deputation or Not.
- In the next column, the candidate has to give the deputation details if necessary and shift to the next column.
- Enter the Details of the family and the details of the Dependant residing with the candidate.
- Now the applicant needs to paste the ID card Size of the Photograph of each family member.
- Finally, the applicant has to sign at the Signature of the Applicant column Agreeing to the Terms and Conditions given in the Duly filled in Application form.
Importance of CGHS Card 2021 of cghs portal
- All the CGHS beneficiaries and their dependents are provided with photo ID plastic cards individually with a unique beneficiary ID number that needs to be produced at each service point to avail the facilities.
- Safe custody of the CGHS Cards is the beneficiary’s responsibility, and in case of loss of the card, the beneficiary is required to inform the police and CGHS authorities.
- Duplicate CGHS card can be obtained against lost card by applying for the same to the concerned Additional Director and a copy of FIR and will be charged Rs. 50/
Documents Required to apply for the CGHS Scheme.
Let us see the documents required to apply for the CGHS Healthcare.
In case of serving employee
- Proof of residence
- Proof of stay of dependents.
- Proof of age of the son.
- In case of differently abled dependent son above 25 years, disability certificate from competent authority as specified.
In the case of pensioners
- The Pensioners need to submit the documents below in addition to the abovementioned Documents.
- Surrender certificate of CGHS Card (only if CGHS Card was issued during Service Period).
Attested copies of PPO/Provisional PPO/Last Pay Certificate (if PPO is not readily available immediately after retirement.)
- Through Bharat Kosh or Demand Draft in the name of the concerned PAO of the city.
- The amount of Demand Draft will be for contribution due for one year if the card is to be made on a yearly renewal basis and for ten years if a whole life card is required.
Let us look at the Dependency criteria for availing the medical facilities under the Central Government Health scheme
- Unmarried son till 25 years of age.
- Dependent unmarried/widowed/divorced/separated daughters and sisters,
- Minor brothers are deemed dependent on the Government employee only if they are normally residing with him and his income is less than Nine thousand rupees per month.
- This criterion does not apply to a spouse and disabled son irrespective of age.
List of Beneficiaries of CGHS Scheme2021
Let us see the list of Beneficiaries who can benefit from the Health card scheme of the Central government.
- All Central Govt. employees and their dependent family members residing in CGHS covered areas.
- Central Govt Pensioners and their eligible family members getting a pension from Central Civil Estimates
- Sitting and Ex-Members of Parliament
- Ex-Governors & Lt. Governors
- Freedom Fighters
- Ex-Vice Presidents
- Sitting and Ex-Judges of Supreme Court & High Courts
- Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous organizations in Delhi
- Journalists (in Delhi )Accredited with PIB ( for OPD & at RML Hospital)
- Delhi Police Personnel posted in Delhi.
- Railway Board employees
Central Government Health Scheme FAQs
Who is Eligible for the Central Government Health Scheme facilities?
The Central government employees and Pensioners are all eligible to benefit from the CGHS Scheme.
Are CGHS facilities free of cost for the Beneficiaries of the Health scheme?
No, the beneficiaries will have compulsory Deduction from salary every month depending upon their pay.
In how many cities CGHS Scheme currently operative by the central government?
The CGHS scheme is currently operative in over 25 cities in all over India, such as Allahabad, Bengaluru, etc.
What are the dependency Criteria to apply for the CGHS Scheme?
Unmarried sons, Dependent Sisters, Minor Brothers, etc. are all come under Dependency criteria to avail of the CGHS Scheme.