RCI Registration & Login Process – How to Fill in the online Application Form & Check Status
What is RCI?
The RCI or the Rehabilitation Council of India is a governmental body that was set to regulate and monitor training programs as well as courses that cater to the special education requirement communities. This also includes training programs for the disabled and disadvantaged. The statutory council in India maintains the Central Rehabilitation Register and it aims at documenting the details of all the qualified professionals who deliver educational and training programs for the communities.
Why one should register for theRehabilitation Council of India
The RCI aims at the following objectives:
- The Council regulates and monitors all the training programmes with regard to rehabilitation of people with disabilities.
- They aim at prescribing minimum standards of training and education for different categories of professionals who deal with persons with disabilities.
- The Council is determined to provide and regulate these standards in different training institutions to bring uniformity throughout the nation.
- They also make recommendations to the Ministry regarding recognition of qualifications granted by the universities in India for rehabilitation professionals.
- They also aim to maintain the Central Rehabilitation register of persons who possess the recognised rehabilitation qualifications.
- The Council encourages Continuing Rehabilitation Education in collaboration with organisations working in the field of disability.
- Another important function of the Council is to promote research in rehabilitation and special education.
Guidelines for registration of RCI
All the people who are registered with RCI are entitled to practice as rehabilitation professionals in any part of India.
Personals who possess a recognized rehabilitation qualification and is enrolled on the Central Rehabilitation Register:
- Shall hold the office as rehabilitation professional or any such office (by whatever the designation is) in the government or in any institutions maintained by a local or other authority.
- Is eligible to practice as rehabilitation professional anywhere in India
- Shall be entitled to sing or authenticate any certificate required by any law to be signed or authenticated by a rehabilitation professional.
- Shall be entitled to give any evidence in any court as an expert (under Section 45 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872)
- Is also entitled to give any evidence in any court on any matter related to the handicapped.
Other guidelines include:
- The candidate should write their name on the application form as per the name mentioned in the certificate issued by RCI approved rehabilitation training institute.
- They should submit photocopies that are duly attested by a gazetted officer of all the certificates from high school onward alongwith the application form.
- Attested copies of the degree/diploma certificates of the candidate along with the marksheet of their professional qualifications should be submitted. It is important to note that submitting a marksheet alone might not be considered for the registration process.
- The application form as well as the Declaration should be signed by the candidate.
- They should also provide reference of three persons with their address and telephone numbers on a seperate sheet which should be attached with the application.
- In case the candidate is employed, they should enclose a certificate from the employer with regard to Professional Experience in the field of Rehabilitation for the disables, knowledge of the field and character.
- They should also affix a photograph on the application form and enclose one additional passport-sized photograph which is duly attested by the Gazetted officer on the back side of the photograph.
- The candidate should reveal any other information for justification of experience in the field of rehabilitation for the disable.
Rehabilitation Council of India Registration Fee Structure
Revised Fee (Rs.)
(w.e.f. 1st April 2017)
Renewal of Registration
Addition of Qualification
Correction in Certificate
(change of name, address, etc.)
Good Standing Certificate
Visa Screening (including overseas postal charges)
RCI registration – Online Application Form
How to register for RCI?
You can easily register or login to RCI with these simple steps.
The first step of the RCI Registration process is to visit the official website here and click on the login button which is visible right in the middle of the homepage.
If you have already registered with RCI, you can click on the ‘Sign up’ option which is available at the end of the window.
If you haven’t registered yet, you can click on ‘Create Login’
The next window will open and it will ask you “are you already registered with the council?” You can select either No as per your status. Once you do that, you will be directed to the next page where you can fill in the details to register like:
- Your first, middle and last name as mentioned on your 10th and 12th passing certificate.
- Provide your valid mobile number, email id and aadhar number. You will get all the updates on your number so be careful while filling it up.
- Create a password which is between 8 to 12 characters and contains at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric digit, and one special character. Confirm your password before moving ahead.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button to proceed.
- You will receive an OTP on your mail, you can fill that for confirmation.
- Once your OTP is approved, you will receive a confirmation message.
- You can use this Email Id and password to login now.
Now, you can enter your CRR Number as provided to you in your Registration Certificate. Enter your date of Registration in the DD-MM-YYYY format. Make sure to submit the Captcha right. After this, click on the “GO” button.
Once you press GO, the form will open and it contains all the details available with the Council. You can fill in the details carefully with your mobile number and email id. These will be used to send all the necessary information and updates to the applicant. After you fill in all the details, click on ‘OK’. You will receive an OTP on your mail, you can fill it up in the form and confirm. Once your OTP is confirmed, you will receive a message “Login Registration Successful.” This step will ensure that your Email ID and password is created and you can use this email and password for logging on to this portal in the future.
How Check RCI Registration Status
You can check the status of your application by following these steps:
- Visit the Status checking page
- Enter your Registration Number or application ID and hit the submit button to check the status
Last Updated on February 20, 2024 by Hindi Yojana Team