Complete Details about Annapurti Scheme Karnataka- Rice ATM Machine for Beneficiaries
The State Government of Karnataka is all set to launch the Annapurti Scheme, also called Rice ATMs Scheme. The Annapurti Scheme aims to enable the people living in slums to get the rice, dispensed through the Rice ATMs nearby. Moreover, the Rice ATM Scheme is a collaborative scheme of the Karnataka Government and the United Nation’s World Food Program (WPF). The benefit of installing the Rice ATMs is to help the poor people to collect the rice grains instead of visiting the Public Distribution Systems (PDS) or Ration Shops.
This interested persons can get all the details related to the Annapurti Scheme or Rice ATMs initiated in the Karnataka State.
- 1 Annapurti Scheme Karnataka
- 1.1 Benefits of Karnataka Annapurti Scheme Beneficiaries
- 1.2 Complete Details of the Rice ATM Grain Dispensaries
- 1.3 Quick Links
- 1.3.1 Karnataka State Rice ATMs Scheme FAQ’s
- 1.3.2 What is the objective of the Karnataka State Rice ATM Machine Scheme?
- 1.3.3 How to use the Rice ATM Machines installed in the slums under the Annapurti Scheme Karnataka?
- 1.3.4 What is the Rice ATM Machines’ capacity that will install under the Annapurti Scheme in Karnataka State?
- 1.3.5 What are the other states in which the Rice ATM Dispensaries are going to install?
Annapurti Scheme Karnataka
This article explains the Annapurti Scheme, Benefits of the scheme, and complete details of Rice ATM Machine for the eligible beneficiaries in Karnataka.
“We will identify a slum with a large number of people and install it. It will be beneficial for the poor people since it will remain open 24X7 with rice availability, and people can use it accordingly. They will potentially do away with the need to wait in long queues in front of ration shops,” K Gopalaiah, Karnataka’s Minister for Food and Civil Supplies said.
Benefits of Karnataka Annapurti Scheme Beneficiaries
Let us see the benefits that Karnataka residents will avail from the Annapurti Rice ATMs in the state.
- The Rice ATMs will save the people’s time and energy by avoiding the waiting at the long queues.
- The Annapurti Scheme benefits the people living in the slums.
- The Rice Vending Machines are easy to use and operate by the people.
- The rice grains are available all day without any interruption in the supply.
- It covers a large number of people at once living in the slums.
- The beneficiaries are not required to follow any application/registration procedure to avail of this facility.
- The Rice Vending Machine dispenses around 25 kilograms of rice per 1.3 minutes.
- It occupies as little space as possible, like an ATM Machine.
“As per the initial project report, the rice-dispensing machines will come in different sizes from 100 kg to 500 kg capacity. The person who needs rice should insert a coin in the machine, and a certain quantity of rice will be dispensed,” the minister mentioned.
Complete Details of the Rice ATM Grain Dispensaries
Let us see the complete details of the Annapurti Rice ATM Dispensaries Scheme launched by the Karnataka State.
- The Annapurti Scheme aims to provide the grains through ATMs installed in Bangalore’s slums as a pilot project.
- Officials will do a geographical survey so that the more number of people can use the ATMs installed in the targetted areas.
- It ensures the proper supply of food grains to the poor and encourages transparency in the rice distribution.
- Government is planning to make the Rice Dispensaries available round the clock for the people.
- The persons who wish to get the rice from the vending machine should drop a coin in the machine.
- The machines installed carry around 200 kilograms to 500 kilograms based on the particular area’s demand and population.
- Each machine dispenses around 25 kilograms of rice per 1.3 minutes.
- The government plans to make Rice ATM’s convenient for the citizens. It is also planning to introduce a smart card or a biometric system similar to bank ATMs.
- Besides Karnataka, the Rice ATMs will come up in other states such as Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand.
Karnataka State Rice ATMs Scheme FAQ’s
What is the objective of the Karnataka State Rice ATM Machine Scheme?
The Karnataka State Rice ATM Machine Scheme’s objective is to ease rice distribution by installing the Rice ATMs in the slums.
How to use the Rice ATM Machines installed in the slums under the Annapurti Scheme Karnataka?
The beneficiaries should visit the Rice ATM Machine in the nearby area, drop the coin the machine and get the rice grains.
What is the Rice ATM Machines’ capacity that will install under the Annapurti Scheme in Karnataka State?
The Rice Grain ATM Dispensaries’ capacity would be around 100 Kilograms to 500 Kilograms installed under the Annapurti Scheme in the Karnataka State.
What are the other states in which the Rice ATM Dispensaries are going to install?
Along with Karnataka, the Rice ATMs will come up in other states such as Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand.